E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

DTC

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 02:10 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i 2006 BMW X3

Originally Posted by bens1088
this is my new favorite link
Nice!
Old 06-22-2010, 06:03 PM
Members

My Ride: | 2006 550i | Silver Gray Metallic | Sport Package | 6-speed MT | Logic7 | NAV | CWP | Tan Dakota Leather | Stock 124s | 35% tint |

This is some really funny stuff. I'm glad that asking a legitimate question about the car we all drive causes people to take the time to reply with insults. I've seen some seriously inane discussions on this site, but I've never felt the need to do this. I'm sure that topics about how my girlfriend feels about the wheels I just purchased is a much better use of this forum.

Now I understand how one can have 1K+ posts.

Thanks for that. I'm out.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:06 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by grady
This is some really funny stuff. I'm glad that asking a legitimate question about the car we all drive causes people to take the time to reply with insults. I've seen some seriously inane discussions on this site, but I've never felt the need to do this. I'm sure that topics about how my girlfriend feels about the wheels I just purchased is a much better use of this forum.

Now I understand how one can have 1K+ posts.

Thanks for that. I'm out.
Come on man, sorry for being a bit harsh...but it's not that challenging of a concept. Have you read the manual?
DTC = Wheel Spin = Good launch with not too much wheel slip, but without traction control interfering too much.
DSC = Fun in an empty parking lot.

It's that simple.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:30 PM
Senior Members

Dang and we went easy on'em too...
Old 06-22-2010, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

the OP has less than 15 posts, not even a member for 1 month and you guys hit his honest question with "RTFM" and "search"

how about you share your knowledge and expertise and also suggest how to search. As it shows there is another member asking the same question, how many more might want to know the answer. And yet you guys wanna ride him a bit, stick your nose up in the air and reluctantly give him "some" help....:thumbsdown:

i wonder how many noob questions I can find from some of the members here on this thread....

OP: this thread might help...(I used the advanced search option and put the phrase : "what is dtc" (including the quotation marks). Use the + sign to connect words as well/aside from quotation, and if you know the specific member that posted or section you want to specify your search limited to, you can do that with the advanced search feature....

http://forums.5serie...__1&#entry63425

don't see one mention of search or rtfm in that thread, but then again, that thread is from 2004...stay classy members...

Old 06-22-2010, 09:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Ya, searching isnt the easiest thing on messageboards... you get a bunch of unrelated links and is hard to sort through.

No point in bashing and telling people to RTFM, just dont post.

As indicated here... there are two people who had the same question. DTC is one of the more confusing concepts to grasps even after reading the stupid manual.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Members

My new favourite link
Old 07-02-2010, 12:32 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i 2007 750i

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
the OP has less than 15 posts, not even a member for 1 month and you guys hit his honest question with "RTFM" and "search"

how about you share your knowledge and expertise and also suggest how to search. As it shows there is another member asking the same question, how many more might want to know the answer. And yet you guys wanna ride him a bit, stick your nose up in the air and reluctantly give him "some" help....:thumbsdown:

i wonder how many noob questions I can find from some of the members here on this thread....

OP: this thread might help...(I used the advanced search option and put the phrase : "what is dtc" (including the quotation marks). Use the + sign to connect words as well/aside from quotation, and if you know the specific member that posted or section you want to specify your search limited to, you can do that with the advanced search feature....

don't see one mention of search or rtfm in that thread, but then again, that thread is from 2004...stay classy members...

Well said, period.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 SMG 545i silver grey metallic / bamboo anthracite / black leather CPO sport package premium sound park distance control cold weather package

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS

+1 Gene.

I've asked some pretty stupid questions here before, and never received that sort of treatment.

To the OP, DTC=Burnout Button.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:24 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 520d - 19" 172s- Remapped - LCI taillights V6 cables - LCI xenon headlights - Denison 500 with BTA1500 - led interior lights - OEM led number plate lights Planned mods: Folding mirrors - Modmynav kit - High gloss shadowline trim -

What would be best in gravel - DTC or DSC?