E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DRL - Angel Eyes

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 03:18 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys and Gals,

quick question about DRL. I've always loved the look of the 3er Coupe - the way the rings around the main beam almost "echo" into the headlamp when DRL is on.

I've noticed that here in the UK, the 5er when LCI'd in 07 didn't have them, but the latest one seems to. Does anyone know how to upgrade an 07 LCI with the 08/9 LCI to get that same effect? I'm assuming some new hardware is needed, and possibly some software? If so, is it a full lamp, or just some internals?

I thought I'd ask people that might actually know rather than face the ignominy of a dealer who has to put me on hold, check in a book, and quote some extortionate figures back
Old 04-07-2009, 03:58 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jambers' post='838780' date='Apr 7 2009, 12:18 PM
Guys and Gals,

quick question about DRL. I've always loved the look of the 3er Coupe - the way the rings around the main beam almost "echo" into the headlamp when DRL is on.

I've noticed that here in the UK, the 5er when LCI'd in 07 didn't have them, but the latest one seems to. Does anyone know how to upgrade an 07 LCI with the 08/9 LCI to get that same effect? I'm assuming some new hardware is needed, and possibly some software? If so, is it a full lamp, or just some internals?

I thought I'd ask people that might actually know rather than face the ignominy of a dealer who has to put me on hold, check in a book, and quote some extortionate figures back
I have a 2008 LCI with Visibilty Pack (Xenon's, Wash and Adaptive lights). On my car the Angel Eyes are exactly the same as on a 3er coupe. They seem more intense then a non Xenon LCI headlight. This is confirmed by the fact that all 3er coupe's have Xenon's as standard.

I know this isn't much help, but I think to get the effect you want, the intensity may only be gained by including the Xenon lights / units.