E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Driving Stability Malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 11:47 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its been 48 hours now and No "Fault Message" appeared. I guess replacing the brake fluid in the reservior and tapping off did the trick.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:38 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 550i 20" Forgestar F14 Black

I have the same issue. Mine started last Friday and as soon as I turned the ignition off and turned it back on, the msg disappeared. When I was driving to work this morning, the warning msg re-appeared. I called the BMW service dept. and the person at BMW thinks the "Start Off Assistance" warning has something to do with the battery. I mentioned about the "Dynamic Stability Control" issue and I also mentioned the fact that I had just installed coilovers and she said that unfortunately, they can't work on any aftermarket deals that the installation might've triggered the warning.

My plan is to call another BMW service dept. and see what they say...and compare this from the previous call. I will report back as soon as I talk to them.

In the OP's case, I hope that it's only the steering fluid issue that caused the warnings and nothing else. I will do the same and fill up my steering fluid.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:22 PM
Members

Researching this issue lead me to this site, thankfully. The information found within has proven priceless. Like I said, the SZL problem popped up in my 07 525i. After reading the posts on this site and fearing the worst. I contacted my local BMW dealer. With 52K miles and a 07/06 build date I am just out of warranty but they took care of it. They even gave me a loaner. All of this and the fact that the recall missed my chassis number by about 100 and I am a lucky boy. Thanks again to all that post here and share. I hope I can return the favor someday, all though my 5 Series knowledge is pretty lame compared to most here.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:35 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

ODB...Funny, I joined the forums because of the SZL issue . Welcome!!!
Old 11-11-2010, 05:52 PM
Members

Originally Posted by O.D.B.
Researching this issue lead me to this site, thankfully. The information found within has proven priceless. Like I said, the SZL problem popped up in my 07 525i. After reading the posts on this site and fearing the worst. I contacted my local BMW dealer. With 52K miles and a 07/06 build date I am just out of warranty but they took care of it. They even gave me a loaner. All of this and the fact that the recall missed my chassis number by about 100 and I am a lucky boy. Thanks again to all that post here and share. I hope I can return the favor someday, all though my 5 Series knowledge is pretty lame compared to most here.
OBD, you mean there's a recall regarding the DSC fault error?????
Old 11-11-2010, 06:12 PM
Members

DSC fault error is back again in my car, help////
Old 11-11-2010, 09:48 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by torogi
I think it's the SZL issue. Good Luck!
Old 11-11-2010, 10:22 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i SMG, 35% Tint, LED Angel Eyes

Originally Posted by torogi
I am thinking that you have the sports package with ARS. I have a hunch. When's the last time you checked your power steering fluid reservoir? I'd bet it's running low. It requires a special fluid CHF 11S. The fluid feeds your power steering system as well as ARS that offsets body roll during turns. I went to a local NAPA auto parts store and bought a liter. I think it was $13 or there abouts.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Sapphire Black Metallic 525i. Beige Dakota Leather, Premium package, bluetooth, BMW Assist, Xenon adaptive lights, Sirius radio

Originally Posted by toyota2bmw
I am thinking that you have the sports package with ARS. I have a hunch. When's the last time you checked your power steering fluid reservoir? I'd bet it's running low. It requires a special fluid CHF 11S. The fluid feeds your power steering system as well as ARS that offsets body roll during turns. I went to a local NAPA auto parts store and bought a liter. I think it was $13 or there abouts.
Mine had to go to the dealer for this. They replaced the steering angle sensor under warranty.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:37 PM
Members

Originally Posted by toyota2bmw
I hope your right, top off the steering reservior fluid exceeding the max measurement. Out for a test drive and will post the result later.

Quick Reply: Driving Stability Malfunction