E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driving Control ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 12:49 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GREAT

Now it has started to snow like crazy and my Stabilty Control has just went fubar... no Traction Control and nothing...

What might be wrong....
Old 10-23-2008, 05:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 535xi
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Angelic0-' post='700849' date='Oct 23 2008, 04:49 AM
GREAT

Now it has started to snow like crazy and my Stabilty Control has just went fubar... no Traction Control and nothing...

What might be wrong....
Have you physically demonstrated that the TC is not working or are you going by the display only? It may be working but display erroneously shows it is not. Could be the TC sensor which activates the display. If you move to Miami it will no longer be a problem... Good luck.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:41 AM
Members

Originally Posted by juris335' post='700975' date='Oct 23 2008, 01:20 PM
Have you physically demonstrated that the TC is not working or are you going by the display only? It may be working but display erroneously shows it is not. Could be the TC sensor which activates the display. If you move to Miami it will no longer be a problem... Good luck.
LOL...

I've physically demonstrated that it's not working.... my gf uses this car.. and i don't want her going around without the ASC...

although i am running Toyo Winter Tranpath S1's...
Old 10-24-2008, 05:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by Angelic0-' post='702055' date='Oct 24 2008, 12:41 PM
I've physically demonstrated that it's not working.... my gf uses this car.. and i don't want her going around without the ASC...
Ouch, that's bad and strange, no warning light on?

I suppose you must go to the dealers...
Old 10-24-2008, 06:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport Carbon Black Metallic/Cream Beige Manny tranny and other stuff Recently gone, but never forgotten: 2005 Ford Mustang GT (hence the name) Torch Red/Crimson Manny tranny and every option available for that year 2002 Chrysler 300M Special Brilliant Black/Light Taupe/Dark Slate Autostick and goo-gobs of neat features that I will sorely miss

Because heaven forbid someone try to actually apply some common driving skills...

People are starting to rely way too much on technology to take the place of actively controlling their vehicles.

Of course you should get it fixed/checked out, but it's certainly not something worth losing sleep over. If you or your girlfriend can't drive in inclement weather... There's only so much that computers can do, and they are still slaves to physics.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:15 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i 2006 BMW X3

Originally Posted by Angelic0-' post='700849' date='Oct 23 2008, 04:49 AM
GREAT

What might be wrong....
I got that message from a weak battery. I also lost the time and date. Happened 3 times before BMW replaced the alternator.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:31 PM
Members

Originally Posted by GT Premi' post='702202' date='Oct 24 2008, 02:08 PM
Because heaven forbid someone try to actually apply some common driving skills...

People are starting to rely way too much on technology to take the place of actively controlling their vehicles.

Of course you should get it fixed/checked out, but it's certainly not something worth losing sleep over. If you or your girlfriend can't drive in inclement weather... There's only so much that computers can do, and they are still slaves to physics.
I'm not having any trouble with this....

I just think it's safer for her to travel with the DSC on...

I'm most certainly not losing sleep over it either..

I just had the battery refreshed, probably just have to have the trouble codes reset...
Old 10-25-2008, 12:45 AM
Members

My Ride: 520d LCI, old engine, manual, black dakota, platingrau II, standard (242?) rims.

Originally Posted by GT Premi' post='702202' date='Oct 24 2008, 03:08 PM
[[[..]
That is too harsh. He's from Iceland - a country with completely different weather conditions than in most of the world.
It seems to me that I would like to have such a safety feature on my car under those conditions. The argument is similar to the situation where ABS or power steering is not working. Of course one could drive without it, but it's not just a substitute for good driving skills. It increases the options one has in case of unexpected events, such as other drivers driving poorly.
Old 10-25-2008, 03:52 PM
Members

Originally Posted by boukehj' post='703107' date='Oct 25 2008, 08:45 AM
That is too harsh. He's from Iceland - a country with completely different weather conditions than in most of the world.
It seems to me that I would like to have such a safety feature on my car under those conditions. The argument is similar to the situation where ABS or power steering is not working. Of course one could drive without it, but it's not just a substitute for good driving skills. It increases the options one has in case of unexpected events, such as other drivers driving poorly.
Hey, finally someone with some sense in his head...

My GF is 5 months pregnant, driving around in a car with 320hp, and over 700nm...

Roads are slippery beyond anything you have ever experienced, i'm not bragging about the weather conditions here but... weather here can get pretty crazy...

You can have sun at 7:30 in the morning... with 8?c warm... at noon it can change to rain, with around 3?c... and then at 2 there is snow... at -5?c.... and around dinner everything is covered with snow... -8?c....

this is pretty much what happened here about a week ago...

two days before, we had some "slab" wet snow.... and i changed to the winter set... but shortly after, the driving control message came up...

I cherish my loved ones.... and with a baby on the way, i want her the safest...
Old 10-25-2008, 04:13 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i 2006 BMW X3

Originally Posted by Angelic0-' post='703544' date='Oct 25 2008, 07:52 PM
two days before, we had some "slab" wet snow.... and i changed to the winter set... but shortly after, the driving control message came up...
Sounds like you may have knocked an ABS sensor loose.

Quick Reply: Driving Control ???