E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Downgraded

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 07:22 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i with Sport Pkg, Nav, HUD, Cold Weather Pkg, Rear Shades

Well it's just a loaner, since my car is in for the winter wheel/tire install, and a few minor changes - i'll post those separately.

Getting back to my reason for this post. The loaner 330i has Logic 7, no i-drive, no nav screen. Here's my opinion on some these:

1. Logic 7
The sound imaging is excellent. But, I am not too happy about the base. Seems like the base in my '05 545 is better - more tight. I did try playing with the setting, and equalizer, but to no avail. From a cost/value perspective, my old '92 Camry produces a tighter base.
Is it worth the $2000 more?? It will be a hard sell for me. I am leaning 40/60 towards not worth it. Maybe I'll change my mind when I am ready to buy another BMW

2. i-drive, no nav, no screen
I miss it!! Call me a control freak, but I like all the settings you can change and fine tune to your liking.

3. Doors don't lock automatically when I drive off. HUH?????!!!! WTF?? I though all BMW's came equipped with this. I didn't see any setting for this.

4. RDS works - Love it. I hope I get it with my software update.

Bottom line, I still like the options in my car.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by JStraw' post='206127' date='Dec 2 2005, 11:22 AM
Well it's just a loaner, since my car is in for the winter wheel/tire install, and a few minor changes - i'll post those separately.

Getting back to my reason for this post. The loaner 330i has Logic 7, no i-drive, no nav screen. Here's my opinion on some these:

1. Logic 7
The sound imaging is excellent. But, I am not too happy about the base. Seems like the base in my '05 545 is better - more tight. I did try playing with the setting, and equalizer, but to no avail. From a cost/value perspective, my old '92 Camry produces a tighter base.
Is it worth the $2000 more?? It will be a hard sell for me. I am leaning 40/60 towards not worth it. Maybe I'll change my mind when I am ready to buy another BMW

I like the premium sound/L7 bass in my 545i very much. It seems to me that the bass frequencies are produced as accurately as I set them. No reflection on you, but the bass probably wouldn't satisfy those who are more interested in annoying people at stoplights than hearing the music the way it was played/recored.

2. i-drive, no nav, no screen
I miss it!! Call me a control freak, but I like all the settings you can change and fine tune to your liking.

3. Doors don't lock automatically when I drive off. HUH?????!!!! WTF?? I though all BMW's came equipped with this. I didn't see any setting for this.

My wife's X5 allows the locks to lock automatically upon dirve off, and is equipped as is the car you are driving. So, maybe somehow you missed the setting. Alternatively, maybe this feature must be programmed by the dealer before the setting shows up or works.

4. RDS works - Love it. I hope I get it with my software update.

Old 12-02-2005, 08:15 AM
Contributors

I didn't say the bass wasn't loud enough - I don't think it reproduces bass accurately (ie not tight enough). The bass drums sounded distorted in many of the songs I listened to.

Again, this is just my opinion. Hearing sound is a very relative thing, and you may not "hear" what i am hearing.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by JStraw' post='206127' date='Dec 3 2005, 12:22 AM

For cars without the iDrive, you can't set it yourself in the screen. The dealer have to do that for you.

Glad you still like your car though For me I still love the E60 over the E90 after test driving it. Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:55 AM
Members

My Ride: 2009 535i Titanium Silver Metallic, xDrive, premium pkg, cold weather pkg, sat radio, rear split/heated seats, euro reflectors

what's RDS?
Old 12-02-2005, 12:31 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by uny530xi' post='206247' date='Dec 2 2005, 01:55 PM
what's RDS?
Radio Data System ...page 141 in Owner's Manual
Old 12-02-2005, 12:34 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by JStraw' post='206284
what's RDS?
[/quote]

You mean you looked to see what page it was, but couldn't assist and explain it. haha
Old 12-02-2005, 12:46 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Chorethorious' post='206285
Originally Posted by uny530xi' post='206247' date='Dec 2 2005, 01:55 PM
what's RDS?
You mean you looked to see what page it was, but couldn't assist and explain it. haha
[/quote]

I believe in helping other's help themselves!!!.... How does that saying go... something about "teach a man to fish and you feed him him for life" .
Old 12-02-2005, 01:29 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 550i Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood Trim, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Sport Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Electric Rear Sunshades, Heated Rear Seats, Sirius Radio

What did you think about the driving dynamics of the new 3 series. I thought it was very nice.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:21 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i; Manual Shifter

Doesn't it just feel a little tight in the e90?

From my experience, the 3-series is a fine, wonderful car. But after driving an e60, it feels tighter in the 3 and this never use to bug me before when all I had was a 3-series.

I suppose going from a 5 to a 7-series will produce the same effect.

Quick Reply: Downgraded