E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Door Seals

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 04:50 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need some help guys. I feel embarassed to go back to the dealer again..

When i first got the car the seals were changed for the new spec ones.

It was fine for months...All of a sudden few weeks ago the creaks return. Sounds like an old ship.

I take it in and they remove silicon or something from the seals and clean everything off. Its fine for a day. then back to normal/

I take it in again and they apply aquaguard or something (its expensive and repels water). Its fine for about 4 hours. then back to normal.

I take it in again and they replace all the door seals.

Its one week later and guess what

Back to creakyness.

I really dont know what to do
Old 05-17-2006, 09:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: New ride from 14th May�07: 525iA LCI, Sport Suspension, Deep Sea Blue, Leather Dakota Natural Brown, Hi-Gloss Black trim, Star Spoke 124 18", Comfort Seats with memory, M -steering wheel, Glass Roof, Navi Professional, ProLogic7, USB-connection, Bi-Xenon, Extended Air Condition, Auto dimming mirrors, Electric Folding mirrors, Bluetooth for Cell Phone Sony Ericsson K750i, Electric rear window shade, Ligth package, Speed control with brake function, Cup Holders, Automatic head light control, PDC, Shadow line

Hi,

I had the same problem in my e39 525i and now with my e60 530i. Ihave cleaned both the seals and painted door frames with grease remover. Everything is ok, until I wax the car. After that I have to repeat the opration, sometimes twice after the first rain or carwash. I use dry electronic parts cleaner.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:16 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530i, Titanium Gray Metallic, Premium Package, Sport Package, Sirius Radio, Xenergie interior light set, Steptronic, Predator ICE, 124 Style OEM Wheels,

My creaking is back too! I had two weeks of silence, I am going to wash the car tomorrow. I will spend some time washing the seals with water and towel only, i'll report back later
Old 05-17-2006, 09:23 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Clean the seal weekly with soap and water.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:04 AM
Members

Originally Posted by JayJay' post='283587' date='May 17 2006, 05:50 AM
I need some help guys. I feel embarassed to go back to the dealer again..

When i first got the car the seals were changed for the new spec ones.

It was fine for months...All of a sudden few weeks ago the creaks return. Sounds like an old ship.

I take it in and they remove silicon or something from the seals and clean everything off. Its fine for a day. then back to normal/

I take it in again and they apply aquaguard or something (its expensive and repels water). Its fine for about 4 hours. then back to normal.

I take it in again and they replace all the door seals.
Its one week later and guess what

Back to creakyness.
I really dont know what to do
I have not had this problem yet knock on wood with my 550 and I run my car through the car wash once a week. I have had the car 5months.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:36 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i 6-speed, Black Sapphire w/ Auburn, Sport pkg, Premium Sound pkg, Cold Weather pkg, Fold Down Rear Seats 1995 M3 5-speed, Silver w/ Mulberry, Luxury pkg

I complained about the rattle and my dealer replaced the door seals. The same noises came back again, and I told the dealer. This time, they cleaned the seals. Well, the noise was still there, so I began experimenting to see if I can pinpoint its cause. It seems to come at low speeds and when you start/stop. I think I've narrowed it down to the sunroof. If the sunroof is in the "tilt" open position, the noises stop. As soon as I close it, the noises come back. :thumbsdown:

The rattle definitely sounded like it was coming from the doors, but now I'm convinced it's from the sunroof. I'm not sure if its the sunroof seal or if the sunroof needs to be adjusted properly.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 520d F10, Sport Auto, Black, sun protection, Oyster/Black with Anthracite, Ambient lighting.

Guys, I am not sure which seal you have that creaks...but I had a creak from both front doors. It turned out to be the seal that fits on the edge of the rear doors. The front door overlaps this seal, it runs from the top of the rear door to the bottom of the window line. With the doors shut I pushed on the black bit between the front and back side windows and it made a creaking noise. I then wiped some silicone spray over this seal with the door open. Closed the door and pressed again, no squeaking. Has been silent for a few days now.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:05 PM
Members

My Ride: '04 525i, sport package & all the other goodies included

I haven't had this particular problem..knock on wood... But if it occurs, I now know where to start looking for answers. Hope all your creaks disappear.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:22 PM
RAI
Members

Updated seals plus application of carbaflo about every 6 months does the trick.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:32 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i Sport Carbon Black with Black Nasca Leather Sport Auto Transmission Active Steering Comfort Access Bamboo Anthracite wood trim Power Rear Sunshades Ventilated Seats Ipod adapter Nav Sat Premium Sound

Wet towel does the trick. I have the "new" door seals and they were fine up until recently. I posted this same topic last week and someone recommended a wet towel and sure enough, it works!!! I thought for sure I would have to go back to my pain in the a** dealer and replace the seals. Hey does anyone know how to upgrade my software from home?

Quick Reply: Door Seals