E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

DOOR DINGS! @#$%$&#!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 11:43 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

holy crap im tired of these b-holes my company shares a parking lot with - came out today to see someone hit my car hard enough with thier door to take the paint off. i am buying a motion detecting camera to mount on the passenger side of my windshield pointing out and down (people i work with park on the drivers side of me and would at least tell me if they hit me. ill let you guys know how it works when the unit shows up but if anyone has advice on a 12v power supply near the glovebox thats available while the car is off id appreciate it greatly.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Accident...item5d2bc7d151

this is like 8 dents in 5 months - freaking haters man..
Old 11-08-2011, 12:38 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by igngnot
holy crap im tired of these b-holes my company shares a parking lot with - came out today to see someone hit my car hard enough with thier door to take the paint off. i am buying a motion detecting camera to mount on the passenger side of my windshield pointing out and down (people i work with park on the drivers side of me and would at least tell me if they hit me. ill let you guys know how it works when the unit shows up but if anyone has advice on a 12v power supply near the glovebox thats available while the car is off id appreciate it greatly.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item5d2bc7d151

this is like 8 dents in 5 months - freaking haters man..
That's a real PIA ... are you forced to park in tight spaces or are the other people driving clunkers and just don't give a hoot about using your car for a doorstop?
I don't know what good a camera is going to do ... maybe you need a 44 magnum to thin out the herd
Old 11-08-2011, 02:25 PM
Members

are you able to park further away and walk?

i know it sucks, but thats what i always do. no matter where i go. my wife luckily, understands.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i

Originally Posted by djlarroc

i know it sucks, but thats what i always do. no matter where i go. my wife luckily, understands.

Thats what I did and when I came back to my car there was a nice deep key scratch across the entire top side of the trunk. Fortunately I was in the loaner rental from the BMW dealership and opted for all the insurance available. Jack Poles will get you no matter where you park.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:34 PM
Members

Originally Posted by vegasr
Thats what I did and when I came back to my car there was a nice deep key scratch across the entire top side of the trunk. Fortunately I was in the loaner rental from the BMW dealership and opted for all the insurance available. Jack Poles will get you no matter where you park.
wouldnt u just LOVE to catch that person (POS) in the act?!?!?! Ohhhhhhhhhhh man! what i would do!
Old 11-08-2011, 10:53 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i - Sport Package, Sport Transmission, Active Steering, Navigation, Comfort Access, 7 Logic Stereo

Parking etiquette died long ago.

Not that this applies to the OP's situation, but it used to be that you could park out in the middle of ******* nowhere and no one would park anywhere near you out of respect. Try that these days and some a-hole in a clapped out Camry will park right next to you, despite the fact that they could park three spaces away. And they might just spit on your car for fun...that's actually happened to me.

People used to respect other people's property. No...it's true! I'm old enough to remember those times.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:48 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Jet Black|Black Options: Sport|Premium|Cold Weather|PDC|Nav|Satellite Radio|Active Steering|Convenience Entry Mods: Trinity Side Skirts|Trinity Black Grilles|LCI Tail Lights with Bruce V6|Fog Light Bezel Rings|MTEC V2 Angel Eyes|LED License Plate Lights

Originally Posted by djlarroc

My family thinks I am nutty for parking so far away from everyone else, or circling the lot looking for an end space, but my wife's car and mine are a study in contrasts. Her car is filled with scratches and dings from other people's cars while mine is quite clean. I will note that her car is the "work horse", going to COSTCO, the supermarket, malls, etc. However, I think where you park makes a huge difference.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:20 AM
Members

Originally Posted by gcvt
... And they might just spit on your car for fun...that's actually happened to me.

right, these are the people im worried about - i can only assume there is some malicious damage being inflicted to my car and that is seriously f-ed up. i have already ordered this camera - if anyone knows of a 12v power supply i can tap into near the glovebox that is available with the car turned off i would appreciate it. i'll need this power source to run the camera in motion detect mode.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:27 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i: Silver Grey Metallic | Sports Package | | Cold Weather Package | Navigation | Tinted Windows | Adaptive Headlights | Heated rear seats| 166 rims| Matte black kidney grills| Interior: Angel Eyes, LED license plate bulbs, HID fogs, Interior LED

Try parking on a angle within the parking lines, that should help.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:08 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

at my job....i park at the very top of the structure....mostly so i can stare at my car out the window....but also to keep an eye on it...and there is less traffic up there. she normally has nothing but open space on either side of her...just a thought/suggestion

Quick Reply: DOOR DINGS! @#$%$&#!!!