E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Does your sprint booster have:

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 09:33 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles

Dear forum members that have the three-way adjustable Sprint Booster and I need to know the followering:

1) does it have a smooth acceleration or a "jack rabbit" racey acceleration on your e60

2) is it worth the $299.99 cost from Bav Auto?

3) how well do you like your Sprint Booster? Would you buy it again or recomend it to us forum. Members?

4) Any heads up I need to know before and when installing it on my 04 e60 530i

5) does it decrease the MPG in the Green or Red light mode?

Thanks in advance!!

Eddie aka Presley348
Old 09-10-2010, 10:06 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Presley348
Dear forum members that have the three-way adjustable Sprint Booster and I need to know the followering:

1) does it have a smooth acceleration or a "jack rabbit" racey acceleration on your e60

3) how well do you like your Sprint Booster? Would you buy it again or recomend it to us forum. Members?

Thanks in advance!!

Eddie aka Presley348
I have the V1 without the on/off modes but:
1. You really have to get used to the jump off the line. But once you get used to it, you can get it pretty smooth.
2. I bought mine (V1) from a member for half the cost of them new. It is definitely worth a hundred or 2 but $300 is up to you to decide...
3. I would recommend it. It makes the car drive like it should have from the factory.
4. Just need the right tool (I forgot what kind of pattern it is). It's a super easy install.
5. Can't speak for the modes but I definitely get worse mileage with it lol. Instead of flooring it all the way down... I only need to press it half way down haha
Old 09-10-2010, 10:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles

Thanks Bens 1088 for your valuable information and answer to my questions about the Sprint Booster!

Your forum friend,

Eddie aka Presley34&
Old 09-11-2010, 10:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 E60 523 executive 20"ASA / Bi-Xenon / Full M-tech / LED Angel Eyes / Matte Black Kidney's / LED Side Markers

When in green mode its smooth...on red with the tranny in DS it jurks if you hit the pedal to fast

Yup!

I wouldn't drive without it now. Although the HP gain is exactly 0 its drives so much smoother because of the lack of lag...I recommend to anyone

Follow the (simple) instructions while installing, so to avoid errors on the iDrive...get the V2 version so you can shut it off, or in green mode while stuck in traffic

I noticed a slight decrease the first few days...now I just drive with the red setting and DS mode

Good luck deciding!
Old 09-11-2010, 10:41 AM
Senior Members

I hope to receive mine next week
Can't wait! got mine for 278 dollars shipped from Germany. (The Netherlands is next door so cheaper shipping).
Old 09-11-2010, 10:44 AM
Senior Members

i also ordered mine this week and it should be here on tuesday. now what's the deal with it interfering with idrive?
Old 09-11-2010, 10:46 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tuffluck
i also ordered mine this week and it should be here on tuesday. now what's the deal with it interfering with idrive?

Think you need to leave the doors open 5 minutes before starting. At least that was needed with a member here in Holland.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 E60 523 executive 20"ASA / Bi-Xenon / Full M-tech / LED Angel Eyes / Matte Black Kidney's / LED Side Markers

Originally Posted by Dutch 530i
Think you need to leave the doors open 5 minutes before starting. At least that was needed with a member here in Holland.
Yup, that was me

You have to unlock the car, open the door and then leave it for 5 minutes or so...I was to exited to wait and pulled the gas pedal to soon, so an error appeared. Just repeated the procedure and all was fine afterwards...just read the manual

Old 09-11-2010, 01:07 PM
Senior Members

cool--thanks!

quick question, does anyone's accelerator feel like it clicks at the very end of the WOT right before it touches the floor? i just noticed this the other day, thought it'd be wise to take it in to the dealer BEFORE i installed the SB for warranty purposes. they said it was normal and on all bmw's??
Old 09-11-2010, 01:32 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tuffluck
cool--thanks!

quick question, does anyone's accelerator feel like it clicks at the very end of the WOT right before it touches the floor? i just noticed this the other day, thought it'd be wise to take it in to the dealer BEFORE i installed the SB for warranty purposes. they said it was normal and on all bmw's??
Yes the click is the "kick down mode" which downshifts to the lowest possible gear for maximum acceleration.

Quick Reply: Does your sprint booster have: