E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone have updated info on BM Technic?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 08:17 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 325i
Default Does anyone have updated info on BM Technic?

Ok, I've looked around for the software and cable and it appears the company is now closed down.
Where can I get the software from? I've seen many threads saying "You can get it if you know where to look" I also see many posts of people trying to re-install a copy and they run into errors with activation because the company is closed. I have an '08 so I apparently need either the "white" cable or the "new black" cable along with the software. I've also seen many threads about just finding a BMW INPA / Ediabas K+DCAN USB Interface cable on ebay and it working with the software. Basically, can you point me to where should I get the cable and software for an 08 for the least amount of money.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:33 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

Car Diagnostic :: By Product Type :: INPA & Ediabas :: BMW INPA / Ediabas K+DCAN USB Interface - one-stop-electronics.com

this is where everyone on the BMW Coding forum seems to get it from. Good luck.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:52 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530xi w/Sport, Premium, Cold weather. Silver Gray Metallic, Black Dakota leather interior.

The information I gathered when it was happening was he (Chris, the owner) had permission for using the software, what he didn't have was a license to redistribute the VM ware player. Most of what he had done was make a one click installer for the different programs he assembled. Kyle gave you the info on the parts and software you need. But since your title asked about BMTechnic, I thought I would tell what I know.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:27 PM
New Members

My Ride: 325i

Originally Posted by wcr3d
The information I gathered when it was happening was he (Chris, the owner) had permission for using the software, what he didn't have was a license to redistribute the VM ware player. Most of what he had done was make a one click installer for the different programs he assembled. Kyle gave you the info on the parts and software you need. But since your title asked about BMTechnic, I thought I would tell what I know.
OK, so now that BMT is shut down. Where is the best place to get the software to run with the cable? It says on the one-stop-electronics page, they do not include any software.
Old 01-16-2015, 04:03 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BurtonSnol3order
OK, so now that BMT is shut down. Where is the best place to get the software to run with the cable? It says on the one-stop-electronics page, they do not include any software.
create a dropbox account, PM me your info (dropbox is free). ill see if i can get it over to you. the two I always use are INPA and NCSExpert. start with those.

also, create an account on bmwcoding.com. almost anything you'll ever want to know is on that site. just do yourself a favor and search like crazy before you post a question; they have little tolerance for 'repeat' questions from cOdInG NeWbeEZ on that site.
Old 01-24-2016, 08:17 PM
New Members

My Ride: 530xd touring 2007

Hi all

I have the BM-Technic software but now I need to install it on my new computer. When I try to register it would not work, probably because the registration server is not there anymore.
Does anyone have any good ideas what to do ?

Thanks
Magic
Old 02-26-2016, 12:37 PM
Members

Originally Posted by KyleB
create a dropbox account, PM me your info (dropbox is free). ill see if i can get it over to you. the two I always use are INPA and NCSExpert. start with those.

also, create an account on bmwcoding.com. almost anything you'll ever want to know is on that site. just do yourself a favor and search like crazy before you post a question; they have little tolerance for 'repeat' questions from cOdInG NeWbeEZ on that site.

glad i found this thread, I have a e64 but i'm assuming the procedure is pretty much the same.

excuse my "noobness" but basically if i want to get started, I need to buy that $100 cable linked above and then try to get these two softwares you mentioned? NPA and NCSExpert? and then i should be ready to start?
Old 02-26-2016, 12:39 PM
Members
Senior Members

yes procedure for your 6er should be the same. get the cable and the software and it's off to the races.

good luck.