E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone have copy of SIB 33 04 08?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 09:06 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 525d M-Sport Saloon M57N2 3.0d LCI EXTERIOR: Jet Black, ///M-Aerodynamic Bodystyling, ///M-Rear Spoiler, De-badged, Gradual Tint Windscreen, ///M-Double Spoke 172M 19" Alloy Wheels (with non-run flats & space saver spare wheel) & ///M-Sports Suspension; INTERIOR: ///M-Steering Wheel, Black Dakota Leather Heated Sports Seats with Electric Lumbar Supports, Brushed Aluminium Interior Trim & Anthracite Headlining.

Hi,

It is a while since I have posted but was hoping for a little help in tracking down a copy of SIB 33 04 08 - which is dated October 2008 and relates to a "Clicking or Cracking Noise from Rear Differential" area. This is the nearest description to a noise that I have on my e60 525d LCI.

I have also found the following information:

Pinion Flange Lubricant:
All Models
To eliminate cracking or clicking noise from the rear of the vehicle while engaging a drive gear, releasing clutch, during
load reversal (shifting from reverse to drive, etc.) or when accelerating from a stationary position.
BMW Part No. 83 22 0 443 864 Lubricant
Refer SI B33 04 08 for application details.

However, as I don't have a copy of the SIB I am a little in the dark. It has also been suggested to me that the noise maybe coming from the driveshaft rubber coupling / doghnut?

I would be willing to subscribe to BMW TIS but this appears to be for US only - I'm in the UK?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 05-03-2011, 11:52 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 525d M-Sport Saloon M57N2 3.0d LCI EXTERIOR: Jet Black, ///M-Aerodynamic Bodystyling, ///M-Rear Spoiler, De-badged, Gradual Tint Windscreen, ///M-Double Spoke 172M 19" Alloy Wheels (with non-run flats & space saver spare wheel) & ///M-Sports Suspension; INTERIOR: ///M-Steering Wheel, Black Dakota Leather Heated Sports Seats with Electric Lumbar Supports, Brushed Aluminium Interior Trim & Anthracite Headlining.

If no one has a copy of this, can someone point me in the direction of where I can get hold of it? I have tried to subscribe to the BMW TIS system for 24 hours, but it appears a US address is needed to get this to work..... very frustrating.

Anyone.....help would be very much appreciated!!!!!
Old 05-04-2011, 05:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i /w Sport pkg - SMG - Nav - Premium pkg - PDC - Ready to begin my modding! =)

Originally Posted by Palmo
Hi,

It is a while since I have posted but was hoping for a little help in tracking down a copy of SIB 33 04 08 - which is dated October 2008 and relates to a "Clicking or Cracking Noise from Rear Differential" area. This is the nearest description to a noise that I have on my e60 525d LCI.

I have also found the following information:

Pinion Flange Lubricant:
All Models
To eliminate cracking or clicking noise from the rear of the vehicle while engaging a drive gear, releasing clutch, during
load reversal (shifting from reverse to drive, etc.) or when accelerating from a stationary position.

However, as I don't have a copy of the SIB I am a little in the dark. It has also been suggested to me that the noise maybe coming from the driveshaft rubber coupling / doghnut?

I would be willing to subscribe to BMW TIS but this appears to be for US only - I'm in the UK?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Bump!! I've had this problem for about 6-9 months and didnt realize there was a SIB out there......would be interested in seeing it too!!
Old 05-05-2011, 05:30 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by IceyTys
Bump!! I've had this problem for about 6-9 months and didnt realize there was a SIB out there......would be interested in seeing it too!!
Still trying to track down a copy of the SIB so haven't made much progress in that respect. I have searched the net and can find many references to it but not the actual bulletin - frustrating!

I have however, today bought a new genuine BMW driveshaft rubber coupling (attaches the driveshaft to the gearbox) and also purchased some of the grease mentioned in my first post. The only trouble is, without the SIB I'm not 100% sure where needs greasing other than the centre mounting where the coupling fits? I'm aiming to replace this on Saturday and will report back if it cures the noise.

On a slightly more worrying note, I have read a few accounts of similar noises on e90 models which have resulted in the need for replacement differentials which have been covered under warranty. Unfortunately, my BMW warranty is expired - I do have an aftermarket one though, so I'll have to see how things progress first! Hopefully the driveshaft rubber coupling will do the trick - there are a few posts that I've come across suggesting it will - fingers crossed!
Old 05-05-2011, 05:40 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 535i M Sport 6MT
Model Year: 2010

If you purchased the lubricant from a BMW Center, they should be happy to oblige with a copy of the SIB that goes with it. Have you asked them? I can't locate SI B33 04 08 either.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:50 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by vkhong
If you purchased the lubricant from a BMW Center, they should be happy to oblige with a copy of the SIB that goes with it. Have you asked them? I can't locate SI B33 04 08 either.
I did ask for a copy of the SIB but was told the parts department don't have access to the relevant system! The SIB is listed in various places, but the only specific details I have are as follows:

Rear Axle
SI B33 04 08
October-08
1,3,5,6,7 ser & Z4
Clicking or Cracking Noise from Rear Differential

10.0 Pinion Flange Lubricant
All Models

Can anyone PLEASE help me locate this - perhaps someone has access to the BMW TIS site? I can't access this as I'm not from the US.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:55 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i /w Sport pkg - SMG - Nav - Premium pkg - PDC - Ready to begin my modding! =)

Friday Bump!!!
Old 05-06-2011, 01:10 PM
Members

I don't have the actual tsb but from what I have read you need to remove the ex
haust and driveshaft then remove the flange on the differential that the driveshaft bolts to. Then You apply the grease to the splines and reassemble everything.