E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Does anyone demand their ride NOT be washed when left for service?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 11:24 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW

Here you go:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...sh+my+car+sign

I use one of these posters in my car and also let the SA's know "DO NOT WASH MY CAR"

I dont care if it's free dont touch my paintwork.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:20 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ktlocklear
My SA has a little sign that he puts on my dash with every visit that says "DO NOT WASH"

Same here!
Old 04-20-2011, 04:37 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Last two times I've taken mine in for service she has left with damage. One small dent in the lower right door and numerous black smudge marks. I didn't noticed until I got home and put in the garage. When I filled out the customer survey I mentioned this. They offered for me to bring it back it back in for another curtesy car wash! I obviously declined their offer... I was able to get the smudge marks off using a little polishing compound but the small dent will have to be fixed my the Paintless dent guy.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:29 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

My SA always writes "NO WASH" in huge highlighted letters on my service order lol
Old 04-20-2011, 05:48 AM
jgt
Contributors

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2006
Engine: N52

Funny you just posted this since I just had my E60 serviced at the dealer. I told them NOT to wash it. They did it anyway...
I think I'll print out 2 signs next time that say "DO NOT WASH!". Leave one on the dash and hand one to the SA.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:06 AM
Members

I had dealer put it in my profile and i remind him every time.

BTW, i had my battery replaced by dealer and they charged me $380 including the $125 diagnostic fee.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:25 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 5 Series ????

Yes I do, My dealership gave the best price in the area, but service really really sucked !!! They replaced more Serv Man & crews in 5 years than I can shake a stick at. Basically my car STAYS cleaner than the ones in the showroom. They washed it once and scratched my hood, left greasey prints in my interior & wheels. I took it to the GM and he had a detailer come out and gave 'er a full detail. Warranty is out so I'm done with them....
Old 04-21-2011, 12:52 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 bmw 550i/ 20" Work vs xx/ h & r coilovers.

they used this harsh stuff on my rims that puddled on the lower rim as i parked. when i got up in the morning i noticed the puddle of cleaner dried and ate away the finish on the lips. i couldnt even polish it out. ever since then, i instruct them not to wash it. also, they refused to refinish my rims. sucks
Old 04-21-2011, 01:36 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525i M Sport Carbon Black Cream Leather Interior

As I mentioned before on another thread, I left my car into a main dealer for some repair work after a minor accident, I told them not to wash it. When I picked it up, not only had it been washed, but the dealer had taken off the original number plates and replaced them with his own, along with the sticker on the back window.

I insisted that the return the car to me with all the original parts back on, they put the plates back on, but obviously the sticker they had taken off was in the bin, so I insisted that they contact the garage where I bought my car and have one posted out to me. I never put it back on but I sure wasn't letting them gat away with it.

I swore I would never use their services again, I had to buy a new lock nut adapter key for my alloys, but rather than go to them, I drove 60 miles to a different main dealer for a 5 euro part.

I guess the morale of the story is, "don't piss your customer off, or they will go somewhere else".
Old 04-24-2011, 10:10 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 528i with sport package and premium package..

I hated that my car looked worst after their car wash then when I brought it in for service :thumbsdown: So now I tell them NO CAR WASH!!

Quick Reply: Does anyone demand their ride NOT be washed when left for service?