E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
View Poll Results: Do you look back to your car after you parked it and walk away??
Yes, I look back at my car when I walk away because it looks soo good.
95.06%
No, I don't look back at my car, it's just a car.
2.91%
No, I don't look back at my car because I people will think something about me.
2.03%
Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

Do you look back after parking??

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008 | 10:15 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 530i Individual, DVD Package, HUD, Bluetooth, Comfort Seats, SR, etc

Originally Posted by sixcard' post='543871' date='Mar 13 2008, 06:18 AM
I mash the little Roundel on the remote, then unlock and then another Roundel squeeze so everyone hears a bunch of ding-dings and turn around to look at it.

S**t, I might wear out my freaking remote Roundel!

now thats what I call a BMW driver lol...maybe thats why we are hated the most by NON BMW drivers lol.....I have heard a lot of my American friends who drive Merc's and Audi's say a number of times on the freeway and else where "F-----N BMW DRIVERS" lol.....
Old 03-12-2008 | 10:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by TX Buzzard' post='544009' date='Mar 13 2008, 12:57 AM
After a good workout it is really hard not to look back!

Attachment 46161

========================

Nice clean and good looking Black BMW!!!

Eddie Presley
Old 03-12-2008 | 10:39 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

its a must to look back, and not only once. i even make sure that it's locked by hitting the button a couple of times watching for the puddle lights in the side mirrors to light up. and everytime there's a chance to even just glance at the car, it's a must as well.
Old 03-12-2008 | 11:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

A 2 and a half year old post resurrected! And a good one. I find myself looking back at least twice or three times, especially when I have my 19's on,and after it's been freshly detailed. And you have to check the spacing on each side to minimize door ding potential.

Here's another question: How many people look back at their car just to realize that car next to you is too close, and then you spend 3 minutes going back and forth in your parking spot just to even out the distance to the left and right, all the while your co-workers or other onlookers are staring at you like you are insane? Or is that just me?!
Old 03-12-2008 | 11:43 PM
Members

Nothing like the internet to link all the BMW weirdo's worldwide!

yes I look back every single time, in fact I park in my local main street when I am picking up noodles/sushi/milk/baby stuff I always leave my park lights (totally unessessarily) on 'cause they are so cool! Far better even than the new audi S6 (nice try but they an't no angle eyes)...and often it's surrounded by way more exotic, newer more expensive cars and the e60 still completely kicks butt. Though I have to admit I did get totally out done by new CLS63 merc last night.

Sorry to any one out there re the weirdo call, its just my wife just cracks her self up every time she catches me on this forum...shes out seeing a movie tonight - I dont think I am going to confess!

However i am not concerned...a friend of mine is total porsche nutbar/fruitcake, in fact he had the engine code for his GT3 put on his personalised plate...and yes in case your wondering a 996 GT3 with a short ratio diff is and feels miles faster than anything I have driven to date including my 545.

No chance I moving away from the bm'ers though, we are getting good M5 "trickle down".....yes I would look back at that twice. (and it won't have go cart feel of the 911!)

Oh yes love the comment from the UK re treatin em mean - my car reveals in a bit of blast ! (not thrash and sorry I wash my car everyweek, except when the weathers bad)...unlike the other audi nutter up the hill from my home who washes his car in the rain.....hmmmm then he does drive an audi.
Old 03-13-2008 | 12:44 AM
Members

My Ride: 525i 06 - M-sports package, bluetooth, ff and rr camera, PDC, black interior, active steering, DVD system

Yup... always do... I dunno why... just can resist that look...
Old 03-13-2008 | 02:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 550 Carbon Sport Almost everything factory, but no sound upgrades.

Originally Posted by DrLev99' post='544028' date='Mar 13 2008, 03:00 AM
Here's another question: How many people look back at their car just to realize that car next to you is too close, and then you spend 3 minutes going back and forth in your parking spot just to even out the distance to the left and right, all the while your co-workers or other onlookers are staring at you like you are insane? Or is that just me?!
Been there, done that!
Old 03-13-2008 | 02:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 550 Carbon Sport Almost everything factory, but no sound upgrades.

Originally Posted by westcoast550' post='543938' date='Mar 12 2008, 11:34 PM
I've never done it personally
WC, you need to begin doing it now and get lots of practice. That train is closing in on you and "look back" is a requirement for your new 08.
Old 03-13-2008 | 02:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: G30 530i M-sport
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by sixcard' post='544075
Been there, done that!
[/quote]

+1 Been there too.

I've also got the habit of parking where I can look out the window every now and again and see it sitting there ... beckoning ... "drive me! drive me!"
Old 03-13-2008 | 03:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550i - Metallic Mystic Blue, Sport Package, STEPTRONIC Auto Transmission, Leather Interior, Power Front Seats w/Lumbar Support, Xeonon Head Lights (Angel Eyes), Park Distance Control (PDC), 6-CD Changer, Adaptive Head Light, SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Professional Radio, Premium Sound Package 13-Speakers Logic 7, Weather Band Radio, Voice Control (for Bluetooth Telephone Operatoin), 18" Run Flats, Rain-Sensing Wipers, Front/Rear Heated Seats, Flat Tire Monitor (FTM), Moonroof, Fold Down Rear Seats, Hardwired Valentine One
Exclamation

I have photos on my computer's screensaver - so that while I'm at work I can still see my baby!

Quick Reply: Do you look back after parking??