E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Do you let others touch your E60?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 07:57 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[quote name='EBMCS03' date='Oct 18 2005, 01:33 PM']
Never! No stranger ever touches my car. Shoot even people I know arnt allowed to touch... 1.) I have to know you KNOW how to drive properly... (that plastic piece of plastic means nothing to me) 2.) You're not a manic and will respect others property... and 3.) I have to be in the car to watch you.

Dude. I let you drive my car and I didn't know you from Adam! But I guess I just trust my instincts. I just returned from the Munich BMW factory...and kept my cars at the in-laws for the last couple of weeks to discourage the wife from drivng the cars! I do let her drive if I'm in the car...I can remember twice in one year!
Old 10-19-2005, 08:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Blackonblackonblack' date='Oct 19 2005, 08:57 PM
Dude.? I let you drive my car and I didn't know you from Adam!?? But I guess I just trust my instincts.? I just returned from the Munich BMW factory...and kept my cars at the in-laws for the last couple of weeks to discourage the wife from drivng the cars!? I do let her drive if I'm in the car...I can remember twice in one year!
[snapback]186404[/snapback]

Haha you are a brave soul my friend brave soul.... I treated your care with the up most respect. I treated your car with better care than I do with mine...

Welcome back!!! How was the trip? where are the M-Mirrors?

Thanks my friend!

P.S. you can drive mine anytime... you're on the list of tusted people.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Oct 20 2005, 12:32 PM
[quote name='Blackonblackonblack' date='Oct 19 2005, 08:57 PM']Dude.? I let you drive my car and I didn't know you from Adam!?? But I guess I just trust my instincts.? I just returned from the Munich BMW factory...and kept my cars at the in-laws for the last couple of weeks to discourage the wife from drivng the cars!? I do let her drive if I'm in the car...I can remember twice in one year!

Haha you are a brave soul my friend brave soul.... I treated your care with the up most respect. I treated your car with better care than I do with mine...

Thanks my friend!

[snapback]186408[/snapback]
[/quote]

You can drive mine if you let me drive yours first
Old 10-20-2005, 08:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by AC_S5' date='Oct 20 2005, 11:10 AM
[quote name='EBMCS03' date='Oct 20 2005, 12:32 PM'][quote name='Blackonblackonblack' date='Oct 19 2005, 08:57 PM']Dude.? I let you drive my car and I didn't know you from Adam!?? But I guess I just trust my instincts.? I just returned from the Munich BMW factory...and kept my cars at the in-laws for the last couple of weeks to discourage the wife from drivng the cars!? I do let her drive if I'm in the car...I can remember twice in one year!

Thanks my friend!

[snapback]186408[/snapback]
[/quote]

You can drive mine if you let me drive yours first
[snapback]186630[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yeah, people can do funny things. I remember a friend of mine handing me the keys to his brand new (that day) 2001 330i back in August of 2000. Out of respect for him and for the car, I puttered around like a granny - keeping it under 3000 rpm or so. Oh, and he wasn't even in the car with me.

A few months later, a different friend asked to drive my 3 month old 2001 Jetta 1.8T. I was in the car -with him-, and he proceeded to thrash it for about 15 minutes... the thing was literally smoking. Ultimately, it was no worse for wear and served me faithfully until I sold it, but you can never tell what someone will do behind the wheel.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by UUronL' date='Oct 21 2005, 12:24 AM
Yeah, people can do funny things.? I remember a friend of mine handing me the keys to his brand new (that day) 2001 330i back in August of 2000.? Out of respect for him and for the car, I puttered around like a granny - keeping it under 3000 rpm or so.? Oh, and he wasn't even in the car with me.

A few months later, a different friend asked to drive my 3 month old 2001 Jetta 1.8T.? I was in the car -with him-, and he proceeded to thrash it for about 15 minutes... the thing was literally smoking.? Ultimately, it was no worse for wear and served me faithfully until I sold it, but you can never tell what someone will do behind the wheel.
[snapback]186635[/snapback]
Are you still friend with the guy who thrash your car, if I were you I would kill him on the spot
Old 10-20-2005, 01:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by AC_S5' date='Oct 20 2005, 12:23 PM
[quote name='UUronL' date='Oct 21 2005, 12:24 AM']
Yeah, people can do funny things.? I remember a friend of mine handing me the keys to his brand new (that day) 2001 330i back in August of 2000.? Out of respect for him and for the car, I puttered around like a granny - keeping it under 3000 rpm or so.? Oh, and he wasn't even in the car with me.

A few months later, a different friend asked to drive my 3 month old 2001 Jetta 1.8T.? I was in the car -with him-, and he proceeded to thrash it for about 15 minutes... the thing was literally smoking.? Ultimately, it was no worse for wear and served me faithfully until I sold it, but you can never tell what someone will do behind the wheel.
[snapback]186635[/snapback]
Are you still friend with the guy who thrash your car, if I were you I would kill him on the spot
[snapback]186663[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hehe - we're friends. I kind of felt bad for him since he lives in HK - at the time I don't think he got to drive very much (although he has a car now). He's not driving my E60 though, that's for sure!
Old 10-20-2005, 03:08 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by UUronL' date='Oct 21 2005, 05:14 AM
Hehe - we're friends.? I kind of felt bad for him since he lives in HK - at the time I don't think he got to drive very much (although he has a car now).? He's not driving my E60 though, that's for sure!
[snapback]186759[/snapback]
Really haha.. after what he did to your car , but my observation is that people in Hong Kong are very aggressive when driving in traffic jam and tight spaces but out on a open road they drive like Grannies.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by AC_S5' date='Oct 20 2005, 04:08 PM
Really haha.. after what he did to your car , but my observation is that people in Hong Kong are very aggressive when driving in traffic jam and tight spaces but out on a open road they drive like Grannies.
[snapback]186794[/snapback]

HAHAHA I noticed that... it seems like people in HK only know how to drive below 50km/hr very well and fast but when they get above 80km/hr they freak out and never go past that speed... 80km/hr is sooooooo slow!
Old 10-21-2005, 07:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

hello eric.... was at gladstones in long beach.. you have no choice but to valet.... in which i have no problem.... but this time they were kids... and a bit unprofessional.... but they drive pretty far to park the cars..... but i was kinda uneasy ... anyways... all is good... car came back the same way i left it...eric d..
Old 10-21-2005, 08:15 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ericdbs' date='Oct 21 2005, 08:59 PM
hello eric.... was at gladstones in long beach.. you have no choice but to valet....
[snapback]187216[/snapback]
Mental note... I'm not going there.

Quick Reply: Do you let others touch your E60?