E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Do you have Dash Cam on your BMW

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 06:19 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've owned this 528xi for just over an year now and started thinking about purchasing a dash cam for my car before something happens. I was involved in a head on collision four years ago the day before my school started......unfortunately no witness was there to prove anything but luckily I've settled the case in my favor early this year.

It would have been easy case if I had a inboard camera that I went at green light. Does any of guys have a dash camera on your 5 series?

I was thinking about BlackVue DR400G-HD. my 528xi is for my daily commute to work so I don't speed....

what do you guys think? or is there anything else?

Thanks!!!

I just want to be safe like this guy from crazy BMW x5 women driver.

Here's some picture:

Came out with torn rotary cuff on my right shoulder and torn some muscle on back of my left knee. I was lucky to survive this.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:34 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2009 535i Sport
Model Year: 2009
Engine: N54

I think the actual chance that you would ever be in that situation again are so small (assuming you're a good, observant, and careful driver) that it's not worth the install.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:41 AM
Members

My Ride: | 2010 535i x-drive | Monaco Blue Metallic | Cream Beige Dakota | 6 Spd Manual | Sport | Cold Weather | Premium | HUD | Navi | Logic 7 |

Reddot, now that you mention it I really REALLY want one for my car just because I know I am a good driver and I would hate for crap like this to happen especially when the cost of having the camera is low relative to the price of the vehicle.

That video you had was some horse rubbish, she tried to blame the other driver for it ......that B
Old 09-12-2012, 09:26 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i

I have seen many videos of drivers in Russia with dashcams for some reason. If you figure out a good brand or a good way to DIY please follow up here, its something that i am interested in as well.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:35 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010 BMW 550i M Sport. GPS, Satallite, Active suspension, Silver over Black in color with beige. 68k on the clock. My 10th BMW in forty years.
Model Year: 2010
Engine: 550 Msport

I think it is very important to carry a snap shooter camera in your car at all times. That is, assuming you are not debilitated. I was in an accident where I hit the rear end for a car that had no brake lights or turn signals. The woman in the car slammed on her brakes to make a left hand turn.

She filed suite for injuries to her back and damage to her car. At the scene I took a series of pictures of her car and the non functioning lights. I gave them to my attorney who then met with her attorney. After her reviewed the pictures, He asked; Will $600.00 in damages to her car work for you.

The back injury was a "let's file suite and see what happen?" My insurance prems did not go up.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:01 PM
Members

Originally Posted by LessIsMore
I think the actual chance that you would ever be in that situation again are so small (assuming you're a good, observant, and careful driver) that it's not worth the install.
When I got into that car accident I was at complete stop at red light. I started turning when I got the Green left turn arrow....all the sudden this lady came from no where.....no witness and I had to settle the case after 4 years. Luckily it went in my favor. Even if your driving carefully you never know whats gonna happen.

But thanks for the first response

Originally Posted by TheRab
Reddot, now that you mention it I really REALLY want one for my car just because I know I am a good driver and I would hate for crap like this to happen especially when the cost of having the camera is low relative to the price of the vehicle.

That video you had was some horse rubbish, she tried to blame the other driver for it ......that B
The only time I got a speeding ticket was when I was driving in my parents WHITE Prius on I95 just. Of course this cop had to pull me over Driving a PRIUS ....I was going like 75mph....yeah i was speeding but it 95 everyone drive 80 or more.....But I really just want to be safe with a camera.

I might pull the trigger on this one. BlackVue DR400G-HD

Originally Posted by epilithic
I have seen many videos of drivers in Russia with dashcams for some reason. If you figure out a good brand or a good way to DIY please follow up here, its something that i am interested in as well.
Did a little bit of research and seems like BlackVue DR400G-HD is currently best one on market. Once I get it probably I'll hard wire it and have it running all the time. This thing has motion sensor or whatever so if something is moving it records stuff.

Originally Posted by Cricketts
I think it is very important to carry a snap shooter camera in your car at all times. That is, assuming you are not debilitated. I was in an accident where I hit the rear end for a car that had no brake lights or turn signals. The woman in the car slammed on her brakes to make a left hand turn.

She filed suite for injuries to her back and damage to her car. At the scene I took a series of pictures of her car and the non functioning lights. I gave them to my attorney who then met with her attorney. After her reviewed the pictures, He asked; Will $600.00 in damages to her car work for you.

The back injury was a "let's file suite and see what happen?" My insurance prems did not go up.
There are so many reckless driver on 95 lately the other day in a storm a women driving Honda without tail light in back to back traffic I was not happy at all . I'm pretty sure this thing will help if something happens.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:02 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 535i Msport

seems like itd be pretty pricy. although i do like the idea of a front camera to help with parking, curbs, etc.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Members

My Ride: See signature

Originally Posted by Cricketts
At the scene I took a series of pictures of her car and the non functioning lights.
Just curious. When you say "snap camera" I am assuming you mean one that takes snapshots? Still pictures? How would a snapshot prove that the taillights were non-functioning?
Old 09-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Justin66mp
seems like itd be pretty pricy. although i do like the idea of a front camera to help with parking, curbs, etc.
For over $400 I would agree expensive but found the exact same one on ebay for roughly around $200. So I'm thinking about ordering one soon. If I can't find some other brand for indash camera.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:31 PM
Members

Originally Posted by reddotinvasion
For over $400 I would agree expensive but found the exact same one on ebay for roughly around $200. So I'm thinking about ordering one soon. If I can't find some other brand for indash camera.
Link?

Quick Reply: Do you have Dash Cam on your BMW