E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Do Others Target Your e60?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006 | 04:49 AM
Man
Members

My Ride: 2005 525 Silver Gray/Black, Step, Premium, Cold, Xeon, 18" wheels

Kansas City is horrible for driving! The morons on the highway have no concept of:

1. driving a constant speed

2. going slow in the fast lane

3. clustering or wolf packing

4. getting on the freeway and expecting everyone get the hell out of their way so they can fly accross all lanes to go 60 in the fast lane.

My 15-20 minute drive to work is a nightmare. OP to Lenexa. I totally think people see a BMW and get agressive

Most of the people I see being stoopid are on the cell phone

I whiz by talking hands free and they probably think I am crazy or talking about them.
Old 08-13-2006 | 06:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

I whiz by talking hands free and they probably think I am crazy or talking about them.

A good reason to have tinted windows.

Privacy in a car is a major safety feature..... particularly from unsavory characters you may encounter on the road.

My younger brother had a Bright Red 1994 Acura Legend coupe years ago. Absolutely gorgeous car. I would say, honestly.... I think the 1991-1995 Acura Legend 2-doors were the best looking cars ever.

Anyway.... one day he's sitting at a redlight, waitiing for green.... and this poor black guy, in a beat up truck almost rear-ended my brother because he wasn't paying attention to the road. My brother looked up into the rear-view mirror and said to me, holy SHIT..... that guy almost nailed me. (I was sitting in the passenger seat)

Well, this guy behind us sees my brother looking in the mirror and talking to me, and could tell we were talking about him. So he gets out of the car, and charges up to my brother's door.... and tries to rip the door open, yelling the whole time "You got a problem, bitch? Get out the fucking car, motherfucka!"

Luckily, we always drive with doors locked.... so the light turned green and my brother hits the gas.

Moral of the story..... GET TINTED WINDOWS. If people cannot see you inside the car, it is better. Less confrontational. Especially if you have a nice car, because people will always be jealous and hate you. Best not to give them a face to put with their hatred.
Old 08-13-2006 | 07:17 PM
Man
Members

Kansas limits me to 35%, which really is not much. You guys in FLA are allowed serious tint. 5%?
Old 08-13-2006 | 07:33 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525Xi Build: Sep 2005 Del: May 2006 Ti Silver | Black | Premium Pkg. | Cold Weath. | Step | Xenon Adapt.

Originally Posted by Man' post='322087' date='Aug 13 2006, 07:49 AM
Kansas City is horrible for driving!
Ain't that the truth! Maybe we should start a new topic on the worst city for driving, but I know KC gets my vote. They start them young here, too. Yesterday, this kid on a dirt bike was in a hurry to get to the pool, went right through a stop sign, never looked. Probably learned that move from dad. And you don't have to pass a road test for a license if you take driver's ed? Wassup with that? I'm convined it has something to do with the grid street layout, no curves, no trees, no hills. I used to live in PA, and you had to be minimally aware of what was going on around you back there.

It sounds like we have similar drives, I do OP to Lenexa, too. You're right about cell phones, too. The average person can barley drive as is, without the distraction of a cell phone.
Old 08-13-2006 | 11:12 PM
Members

My Ride: 04 black/black/black bmw 545i w/ sport package
Smile

Hello i'm new to the e60 forums i came from the m3 forums after i sold my m3 for a 545i. But i do think that people are after bmw drivers maybe b/c bmw is the ultimate driving machine or something. But listen to this I'm coming from ut headed back to houston so i went to get something to eat inside of a restaurant.I seen that some one had hit my bumper and i parked away from everyone basiclly by my self and still got hit. And then hit the interstate and got pulled over 4 time for no aparent reason. I think there are bmw haters or something though. So for those who drive a e60 which out they are out there keep your eyes open
Old 08-14-2006 | 05:38 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525Xi Build: Sep 2005 Del: May 2006 Ti Silver | Black | Premium Pkg. | Cold Weath. | Step | Xenon Adapt.

Originally Posted by tha_leo' post='322374' date='Aug 14 2006, 02:12 AM
Hello i'm new to the e60 forums i came from the m3 forums after i sold my m3 for a 545i.
Welcome, this is a great place. Sorry to hear about your misfortune, was this in your 545?
Old 08-14-2006 | 09:11 PM
Members

My Ride: 04 black/black/black bmw 545i w/ sport package

Originally Posted by VIIV' post='322435' date='Aug 14 2006, 08:38 AM
Welcome, this is a great place. Sorry to hear about your misfortune, was this in your 545?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep I was in my 545i
Old 08-17-2006 | 12:00 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525xi 3.0 215 horsepower 185lb/ft torque Monocobleu Metallic paint, on beige interior.. Cold Weather Package... Heated front seats, steering wheel and headlamp washers. Standard 10 speaker soundsystem.

i do agree with the whole, people targeting my 5... however, fellow bmw drivers know how we feel... i get a sense of respect when someone is driving a bmw, where as a crappy as civic trying to race... today i went to home depot to get some paint for my house, naturally i parked towards the end of the parking lot away from everyone else.... when i came back there were 2 e39 5 series parked next to me, one spot between us on each sides... i guess bmw drivers tthink alike....
Old 08-17-2006 | 02:16 PM
Members

Originally Posted by AceBMW5' post='323709' date='Aug 17 2006, 03:00 PM
i do agree with the whole, people targeting my 5... however, fellow bmw drivers know how we feel... i get a sense of respect when someone is driving a bmw, where as a crappy as civic trying to race... today i went to home depot to get some paint for my house, naturally i parked towards the end of the parking lot away from everyone else.... when i came back there were 2 e39 5 series parked next to me, one spot between us on each sides... i guess bmw drivers tthink alike....
Safety in numbers. With my luck some primer F150 would have pulled into the space in between. Seriously, I've parked in far corners of lots, only to come back to some beater parked right next to me amidst a sea of empty spaces. But I hate to be that guy that parks diagonally across two spaces.
Old 08-18-2006 | 11:57 AM
Man
Members

I ALWAYS park as far away as humanly possible. I have a ding free BMW! Exercise never hurts also.

Quick Reply: Do Others Target Your e60?