E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Do Others Target Your e60?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 06:57 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530i 6-speed Titanium Silver/Black Interior Premium Package Sport Package Aux input 30 GB video iPod Cold Weather Package Xenon Red rear reflectors Tint Clear Bra

Originally Posted by gpt' post='321147' date='Aug 10 2006, 02:08 PM
I too park in the furthest spot, away from the general public. The other day, I got off the train and walked up to my car. Someone had covered it with ketchup and mustard from a local MacDonalds, and I mean covered. To top it off, they ran a shopping cart into the front bumper causing deep scratching. I have to look at it as a positive experience, it gives me a reason to get the M-Aero package. Just have to wait a bit as 2 college tuitions are due shortly.
gpt, can you tell me which area this is so I can avoid it

I recently had my car worked on at Dick's Autobody (my car was hit while parked at a local mall) and while I was dropping off my car, there was this 2006 red 3 series which had been vandalized while parked in Boston... such a sad sight - felt really sorry for the owner.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Nope, it never happens to me, but I am a very defensive driver anyway. I just stay way ahead or way behind.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:35 AM
Members

My Ride: 520d M-sport, Visibility pack, Cream Beige Leather, Auto, M rear spoiler, BT Car kit, Folding Mirrors, USB, Business NAV, DAB, High Beam Assist, CD Changer, 172 Alloys, Comfort Seats.

Originally Posted by VIIV' post='321060' date='Aug 10 2006, 05:34 PM
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean other drivers aren't out to get me.

Has anyone else noticed an increase in very aggressive (borderline sociopathic) driving by others since you got your e60? Maybe since this is my first "above average" worth vehicle I'm just sensitive, but it seems like every few days someone is very aggressive in lane changing, trying to squeeze into my lane by cutting me off, that type of thing. Yesterday, a woman in an older Jeep was barely parallel to my car and just started moving over right at me! I was reminded of Emo Fittipaldi's line "my car, she is not a ghost" but this woman clearly saw me, just figured I had to yield to her. It isn't just around here; I noticed it on my drive to NC last week.

I have NOT changed my driving style, if anything maybe I'm a little more laid back because it seems like everyone else wants to challenge me. I don't even have a vanity plate to set them off.

Might I suggest a change in your driving style, I adopt a much more aggressive style which results in usually being in front of everyone anyway

Non BMW drivers are like crows, to get rid of them you have to punish one, and hang it up....... in other words the next person who cuts you up...... put them in a ditch

Good Luck,

Axuklpsyk,
Old 08-11-2006, 08:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Originally Posted by gpt' post='321147' date='Aug 10 2006, 02:08 PM
I too park in the furthest spot, away from the general public. The other day, I got off the train and walked up to my car. Someone had covered it with ketchup and mustard from a local MacDonalds, and I mean covered. To top it off, they ran a shopping cart into the front bumper causing deep scratching. I have to look at it as a positive experience, it gives me a reason to get the M-Aero package. Just have to wait a bit as 2 college tuitions are due shortly.

That's no surprise because you live in New England.... northerners are just dickheads. Can't get around it.

I play lacrosse, and so I run into a lot of northerners. Some friends and I were recently talking about how it seem like the New York raised lacrosse guys we meet are usually the dirtiest players. The worst are from Long Island. Something about Long Islanders.... just ain't right.

My friend said he calls them FLID's.

I was like.... what's a FLID? He says: "Fucking Long Island Dickhead"
Old 08-11-2006, 08:48 AM
gpt
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Bedford530i' post='321337' date='Aug 10 2006, 10:57 PM
gpt, can you tell me which area this is so I can avoid it

I recently had my car worked on at Dick's Autobody (my car was hit while parked at a local mall) and while I was dropping off my car, there was this 2006 red 3 series which had been vandalized while parked in Boston... such a sad sight - felt really sorry for the owner.
Bedford530,

This happened in Beverly, at the Stop&Shop on Elliot St. I don't know if I took someone's spot or it was a jealousy thing but I was pissed. Good call on Dick's Autobody. I wouldn't bring my car anywhere else. Even the dealer uses them for autobody repairs. Unfortunately, the wait is long to get your car in there.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:32 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C200 Kompressor AMG Sport (Automatic)

You don't experience anything quite as idiotic as down here in London. I do agree with 'axukalpsyk' - you just have to drive in the fashion which they tar you in. Being a nice guy in a BMW doesn't work, just be an a**ehole, it's better to just play along with the stereotype.

I changed my driving rules once I got an E60, the 'BMW hater syndrome' shows too much, so I invented something called "BMW attack syndrome"

If someone cuts you up: lean on the horn until they are out of sight. That is assuming they can get me off their tail.

Old 08-11-2006, 03:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 523i. Alpine white, dakota leather, 8 speed auto, VDC, bluetooth, HID lights, parking sensors, sport seats, black window trim, tinted rear windows 1988 Ferrari 328 GTS, nero on rosso corsa. 1992 Mazda MX-5 / Miata 2009 Ford S-Max 2.5T

Originally Posted by RuFFy' post='321636' date='Aug 11 2006, 10:32 PM
You don't experience anything quite as idiotic as down here in London. I do agree with 'axukalpsyk' - you just have to drive in the fashion which they tar you in. Being a nice guy in a BMW doesn't work, just be an a**ehole, it's better to just play along with the stereotype.

I changed my driving rules once I got an E60, the 'BMW hater syndrome' shows too much, so I invented something called "BMW attack syndrome"

If someone cuts you up: lean on the horn until they are out of sight. That is assuming they can get me off their tail.

LOL that is very true here in this part of the world too. Everyone wants to cut up the big shiny beemer. Depending on the mood I either don't care or play the "Organised Crime Senior Vice President" role ;-).

--
Przemek
Old 08-11-2006, 04:16 PM
Members

My Ride: 1973 porsche 911, 32,000 miles,with all S options and leather sport seats. 2004 porsche GT3,white track car, 2003 porsche boxter "my wife's" 2004 3/4 ton suburban tow vehicle, 24' pace trailer, 2006 BMW530XI, black, auburn, also "my wife's" about to buy a BMW 550I,silver gray,

My wife complains all the time about that kind of thing, which did not seem to be a problem with her 330I. I've noticed people pullup real close behind you at stop lights in my Porsche as well. I think it's "The have not" syndrome.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:53 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525Xi Build: Sep 2005 Del: May 2006 Ti Silver | Black | Premium Pkg. | Cold Weath. | Step | Xenon Adapt.

I don't feel quite so paranoid, now. They ARE out to get me.

Thanks, guys.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:38 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by VIIV' post='321060' date='Aug 10 2006, 11:34 PM
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean other drivers aren't out to get me.

Has anyone else noticed an increase in very aggressive (borderline sociopathic) driving by others since you got your e60? Maybe since this is my first "above average" worth vehicle I'm just sensitive, but it seems like every few days someone is very aggressive in lane changing, trying to squeeze into my lane by cutting me off, that type of thing. Yesterday, a woman in an older Jeep was barely parallel to my car and just started moving over right at me! I was reminded of Emo Fittipaldi's line "my car, she is not a ghost" but this woman clearly saw me, just figured I had to yield to her. It isn't just around here; I noticed it on my drive to NC last week.

I have NOT changed my driving style, if anything maybe I'm a little more laid back because it seems like everyone else wants to challenge me. I don't even have a vanity plate to set them off.
I don't feel that way, but I notice that when I drive a 5 around, I get noticed more and it feels like ppl are staring sometimes [Maybe its cuz of the price tag on one of these babies!]. And by this, I sometimes feel like they're out to get me, most jap tuners are always coming up and trying to see who's better. I just don't bother, one, they're super charged most of the time, and all in all, they're not worth it for a kill list. Either way, its best to be safe on the road and a little fun once in awhile won't hurt anyone. But yeah I feel like sometimes ppl just wanna test you out cuz you drive a nice car. BUT (there's a but) A LOT of people are just BAD drivers, so just ignore others and try to keep safe, yourself and your sexy car!

Quick Reply: Do Others Target Your e60?