E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Do I have original or fake mats in my car

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 03:54 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Yesterday I took delivery of my car. Since picking it up I keep thinking the mats are not the original bmw ones. The color is not correct and the piping is made of really cheap plastic. Connection to the floor is with velcro (I think this is the correct word).

Can anybody with the beige mats make a picture of them. Do you mats have the bmwlogo on them or something that states it is made by BMW, maybe underneath the mats (My mats don't).

TIA for the help. I really want to be sure I am duped or not!
Attached Thumbnails Do I have original or fake mats in my car-matten.jpg  
Old 08-20-2004, 04:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

I say fake. Mine were as someone described earlier, where the trim was the same color, not the gray on beige you seem to have. Also, they have a BMW sewn in as well, don't see that on yours, though your leg/foot might be in the way. I received the same ones you can see in the Accesories catalog, can't miss them.
Old 08-20-2004, 04:23 AM
Members

I have a BMW logo on the driver's side only. It is on the "wear patch" sewn into the middle of the mat. I don't have a picture handy, but you can see it on the Circle BMW website.

I think yours are fake.
Old 08-20-2004, 04:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Do you have velcro under the mats or do they work with the little plastic knobs you have to turn around???

My mat doesn't say bmw anywhere..

A picture would be great!
Old 08-20-2004, 04:29 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by E60COYOTE' date='Aug 20 2004, 06:23 AM
I have a BMW logo on the driver's side only. It is on the "wear patch" sewn into the middle of the mat. I don't have a picture handy, but you can see it on the Circle BMW website.

I think yours are fake.
On Circlebmw is no picture available for that color mats.
Old 08-20-2004, 04:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

E60Coyote is right, the BMW logo is only on the drivers side. Don't have a picture of mine, but got this from the Circle BMW web site.
Attached Thumbnails Do I have original or fake mats in my car-gray_capret.jpg  
Old 08-20-2004, 05:17 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Mine don't have the BMW sign on it, but they are not a fake. (Mine are black, BTW).
And mine have velcro underneath to stay in position and don't start moving around.
Old 08-20-2004, 05:25 AM
Members

I should add that mine are black and have the velcro pads underneath to stop them from sliding.

Thanks kscarrol for posting the pic from Circle. My driver's side looks exactly like that picture (except in black) and the rest match, but don't have the logo.
Old 08-20-2004, 05:31 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

I forgot saying that I don't want to have a BMW logo on them. I have too much respect for those cars, so I don't want to put my feet on the logo...
For me the BMW logo is like the US flag... And I guess you wouldn't like having a US flag (or the flag of whatever country you are from) on the mats, wouldn't you ?
Old 08-20-2004, 05:39 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Aug 20 2004, 07:17 AM
Mine don't have the BMW sign on it, but they are not a fake. (Mine are black, BTW).
And mine have velcro underneath to stay in position and don't start moving around.
Thanks Ice!! your the man.. This mean europeans have different mats as the US. Now I am off to maastricht.. 225 kms!!

Quick Reply: Do I have original or fake mats in my car