E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

DME installed, Car returned

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 07:49 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally got my 545ia to keep this time after DME installed.
What a great car this is. Contrary to much I have read, the following are my observations after having the car for only two days.
The ride with the sport pkg is smooth and not to firm at all. Well controled.
ARS and roll stabization with sport chassis complement each other perfectly.ARS a natural to get used to.
The power and torque of the V8 gives unbelievable thrust, yet with ease and finess.
Getting away from the crowd at the toll booth has never been so much fun.
Voice command works really well. The easy way around I-Drive.
I-Drive by the way is a great idea, and not difficult at all. You have to spend a couple of hours to set the car up to your personel choice of features, but until I-Drive you never had these options.
Climate control knobs and main functions are still on the dash.Voice control (with Nav. only)is a must,makes audio fun and easy to use.
Comfort seats are exactly that, a real comfort. The best.
Xenon lights that follow the turns, right from the old '49 Tucker, but a great safety
feature whose time has come.
Only knocks on the car is RDS on radio doesn't work, but you got to get the Logic 7 if you love music. Sounds even better than the premium sound system on my '97 528i, and that was sound.
Bummer that we can't get Sirius with Nav or Blue-tooth yet, but we live and hope for a retro.
Otherwise car delivered with everything working well so far.
Got Silver-Gray with Beige interior,great combo. Car styling is powerful and in my humble opinion the best looking 4 door sports sedan on the road. The more people see this car the more they admit they grow to like it, and why not.
Sorry for the long post, but that's how much I dig this car.
Old 07-24-2004, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

No need to apologize -- some of us have had our cars for months and we're still beaming!

Don't forget to change your sig!
Old 07-26-2004, 03:46 AM
Members

Hm. Our cars were built on the same day.

Yeah, after three days of driving, I have very little to complain about. I want Sirius and more than anything I want bluetooth. I got very used to having integrated hands-free phone usage with cpt8000 in the 540 and I'm going to be really annoyed if I have to do something dumb to make this happen on the 545.

Meanwhile, my machine is sitting in the dealership awaiting the DME. Saturday the dealer called to say that they were hoping to get mine done Monday. We'll see. I'll be happy to return the bright red 325 with HANK AARON COURTESY CAR written on the rear windshield.

Peace.
Old 07-26-2004, 04:22 PM
Senior Members

Gents, just be happy your car was delivered. I had about the same build date and mine is stuck at the VPC awaiting the DME. My CA is AWOL and won't call me back with an ETA. I could be looking at another two weeks.
Old 07-26-2004, 04:35 PM
Members

Sorry to hear that. My DME was installed today and I'm going to pick it up Tuesday afternoon. They'll be leaving me information about clear bras.

Peace.