E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Display Screen

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 05:07 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530i, Mystic Blue, Premium Package, Beige Dakota Leather, Steptronic, Navigation, Heated Seats, Premium Sound Pkg, Satellite Radio. 2001 325Cic Convertible, Premium and Sport Package, Premium Sound, Steptronic, Heated seats

I have a 2007 530 with the Factory Navigation system. Starting about a year ago, my display screen sometimes would not come on, and just show the BMW screen for about 8 minutes, then it seemed to reboot, and start up. Of course with the telephone, radio, climate control and nav all going through this, it was very frustrating.

Last week,my screen started to simply click off to black. No logo, no action at all. Stays off for 30-60 minutes and then comes on. Other times I start off with no issue, then it clicks off. If it starts and does not work, the SOS symbol cames up on the main screen in front of the steering wheel where the "check issues" symbol usually displays.

When I took it to my dealer a year ago, he announced that it was the control module costing $2000. I bought the Maintenance Warranty, and the Vehicle Warranty after the original warranty ran out, but the service mgr informed me that this is excluded.

Has anyone had a similar issue, and how did you get it resolved? I bought this car new at this dealer, and now have 80K on the speedometer.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:53 AM
Members

Originally Posted by rixbimmer
I have a 2007 530 with the Factory Navigation system. Starting about a year ago, my display screen sometimes would not come on, and just show the BMW screen for about 8 minutes, then it seemed to reboot, and start up. Of course with the telephone, radio, climate control and nav all going through this, it was very frustrating.

Last week,my screen started to simply click off to black. No logo, no action at all. Stays off for 30-60 minutes and then comes on. Other times I start off with no issue, then it clicks off. If it starts and does not work, the SOS symbol cames up on the main screen in front of the steering wheel where the "check issues" symbol usually displays.

When I took it to my dealer a year ago, he announced that it was the control module costing $2000. I bought the Maintenance Warranty, and the Vehicle Warranty after the original warranty ran out, but the service mgr informed me that this is excluded.

Has anyone had a similar issue, and how did you get it resolved? I bought this car new at this dealer, and now have 80K on the speedometer.
I had this same issue a while back and it was the radio. I tried to look into everything to change but the radio for the reason that it costs so much to get a new one from the dealer. However if you look on ebay you should be able to find one for a fraction of the price, definitely under 1k. Once I changed the radio I had absolutely no problems and everything was working 100%, and it is fairly easy to change, takes all of 30 minutes tops to take out the orginal and put in the new one. Good luck.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:21 AM
Members

check in your trunk under the spare tire and check the mpm module see if water has got there it could be the problem its easy to find left out the carpet then the foam then the spare tire and you should see a white box that powers the navi extra... i had a similar problem but the whole navi system went dead and it was because water got into my trunk and fried my MPM "micro power module" check and see it only cover under the new car warrenty so hurry up and check i got F*ck and had no warranty. GL