E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Disabling Comfort Access?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 08:17 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Long story short, My car (08 550i) is out of warranty and been having this high battery drain error popping up after letting my car sit for few days. I don't want to take my car to dealer for them to be swapping parts that don't need to be replace and billing me for it, I don't want to go broke chasing this drain. The OEM battery has been replaced with autozone battery, same spec and register at indy shop but same high battery drain occur. I don't think it's the battery, I'm more convince its something related to the CA module or handle.

I search with little to no success on how to disable CA, is there a way to disable CA by pulling an fuse so I can confirm it is the CA that is causing the drain and narrow down to individual handle and just unplug CA in that handle or disable CA total.

I do like the car and I do plan to keep it but I don't want to go broke chasing after this battery drain. any advise would be helpful thanks!!!!
Old 04-08-2012, 06:55 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

I have CA and my E60 gave me high battery discharge warnings whenever I left it parked and locked for more than a day ever since it was delivered brand new - but it didn't fault out every time. Once I started the car and recharged the battery while driving the problem went away. My original battery still lasted about 4 years.

Since my cars are now garaged and I don't lock the doors I don't get this problem - and sometimes my E60 will sit for over a week.

If you are locking the car every night and having this problem in the morning, there may be other issues (some other electronics not going to sleep, not running the car long enough, etc.)