E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Dingolfing tour - been there, loved it!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 02:54 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530d sport Titanium Silver with Auburn leather Media pack, visibility pack, tv, m spoiler, advanced aircon, high gloss, manual Gear box, heated seats

I was there last week ,what an experience, any true BMW fan should do it, it is the largest plant of the BMW group Dingolfing Werks 2.4.

That is GErman efficiency at its best, anyone who has done it, what did you think?
Old 05-25-2006, 05:13 AM
Members

Originally Posted by brunolive' post='287501' date='May 25 2006, 06:54 AM
I was there last week ,what an experience, any true BMW fan should do it, it is the largest plant of the BMW group Dingolfing Werks 2.4.

That is GErman efficiency at its best, anyone who has done it, what did you think?
I was there with my son last July. Seeing the scale and magnitude of the operation is breathtaking. You could also see the pride in the faces of the employees as we walked through the assembly line. Speaking of "German efficiency", at one point, I imagined them getting "the call" and wondering how long it might take for them to switch the assembly line to produce Panzer tanks. (just kidding...)......

Our tour was by Klaus Henning-Hoffman and he did a nice job. I've not been to the tour in Munich, but I've heard that the Dingolfing tour is much more impressive.

Definitely recommend to anyone and everyone who loves BMW's.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

That would really be nice to experience.

But not this summer.

The Football (Soccer) World Championships will be played
in German this summer.

The country will be full of touristist from all around the world
and a hell of an lot of hookers and other criminals.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:40 AM
Members

My Ride: 750Li;CLK63 Black Series (Retired);

I was almost convinced that this was a golf related thread. lol...DingGolfing Tour
Old 05-25-2006, 08:43 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: MY05 545i Jet Black with Auburn interior. SMG, Logic7, Sport Package, Comfort Seats, Navigation.

I did it during a frigid winter day. I was so tempted to ask Alexander Bachner, our tour guide (Who also appears in the 5-series introductory CD) for the scrap parts that they don't need. Of course he politely rejected my request. However, he offered us a chance to have lunch in their cafeteria with the workers instead. (No, the second picture is not what we had).

What amazed me was that the workers can have beer during their breaks. That's a little perk you get when working in the beer kingdom of Bavaria and its food. See picture 2.

I would highly recommed the tour if you do European Delivery.
Attached Thumbnails Dingolfing tour - been there, loved it!-img_0236.jpg   Dingolfing tour - been there, loved it!-img_0248.jpg  
Old 05-25-2006, 08:46 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by speedracerF4i' post='287609' date='May 25 2006, 10:43 AM
I did it during a frigid winter day. I was so tempted to ask Alexander Bachner, our tour guide (Who also appears in the 5-series introductory CD) for the scrap parts that they don't need. Of course he politely rejected my request. However, he offered us a chance to have lunch in their cafeteria with the workers instead.

What amazed me was that the workers can have beer during their breaks. That's a little perk you get when working in the beer kingdom of Bavaria

I would highly recommed the tour if you do European Delivery.
Not many MB or Audi's in the parking lots that day
Old 05-25-2006, 08:54 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: MY05 545i Jet Black with Auburn interior. SMG, Logic7, Sport Package, Comfort Seats, Navigation.

Mercedes factory tour at Sindelfingen is not bad either. It's just a couple of hours drive from Munich.
(Deep into adversary's territory)
Attached Thumbnails Dingolfing tour - been there, loved it!-img_0215.jpg  
Old 05-25-2006, 10:33 AM
Members

My Ride: Soon to be delivered 523iA

Originally Posted by brunolive' post='287501' date='May 25 2006, 12:54 PM

I think Dingolfing is the largest plant and that's where the 5 Series is manufactured. Visited it one week before I picked up my new car and would recommend it to all BMW enthusiasts any time - even my wife, who's not really that much into cars, was really impressed.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Cars:2011 - BMW F11 535i, Alpine White, Msport version2009 - MINI COOPER, Mellow Yellow2007 - BMW E61 LCI 530i, Space Gray, Msport version - SOLD2006 - MINI COOPER, Park Lane Version - SOLD2005 - BMW E61 525i, Titan Silver, Msport version - SOLD2003
Model Year: 2012

Yep, I did it in October with some friends and it was simply astonishing.

Dingolfing tour - been there, loved it!-img_0008.jpg

Dingolfing tour - been there, loved it!-img_0009.jpg
Old 05-26-2006, 03:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 523i. Alpine white, dakota leather, 8 speed auto, VDC, bluetooth, HID lights, parking sensors, sport seats, black window trim, tinted rear windows 1988 Ferrari 328 GTS, nero on rosso corsa. 1992 Mazda MX-5 / Miata 2009 Ford S-Max 2.5T

The Glass factory in Leipzig where they make the VW Phaeton and Bentleys is also really impressive. We got kicked out of the Phaeton simulator (bottom picture)when we crashed the car off a mountain road. Amazingly realistic experience - even though it's a simulator you're sitting in a real Phaeton and feel the suspension working, hear the engine, the car leans in corners. My wife clenched her fists, closed her eyes and screamed when we went off the cliff and I learnt that Phateons lack grip, oversteer and don't react to opposite lock.

When you look at the pics remember this is a functioning car assembly factory in the middle of a city. They even have a tram that uses the city tramway infrastructure to deliver car parts to the factory

Dingolfing tour - been there, loved it!-ph1.jpg

Dingolfing tour - been there, loved it!-ph2.jpg

Dingolfing tour - been there, loved it!-ph3.jpg

Dingolfing tour - been there, loved it!-ph4.jpg

Dingolfing tour - been there, loved it!-ph5.jpg