E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dinan stage 1 or Sprint booster?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 01:53 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i

I spoke to a Dinan engineer today and he said that the stage one software will greatly enhance the throttle response, increase the RPMs by 250, and remove the top end limiter. Cost is $499

I also understand that the sprint booster also enhances throttle response minus all the other enhancements mentioned above and it's $200 cheaper.

Anyone install a Dinan stage 1 or two and noticed a difference in the throttle response and overall performance on their E60?

Thanks
Old 12-09-2011, 03:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04' 545i, Sport Package, Black, Active Xenon, ARS, Aux Input '10 Tahoe, Black on Black, leather, Nav/XM, 20" tires, full body kit, power 2nd row, loaded '93 Jeep Wrangler, lifted 4.5", 33" meats, Rampage Recovery Bumper w/Tire Swing, etc 25' Aquasport Osprey, Center Console,2012 200 HO Etec

Dinan and a sprint booster in my understanding are 2 totally different things... One enhances performance and the other may or may not improve throttle response thus giving the impression that performance has been enhanced... what is it you are looking for?
Old 12-09-2011, 04:12 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Dinan actually adds performance. Sprint Booster makes you think it does.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:54 PM
Senior Members

Thanks I was actually thinking of the Stage 1 software upgrade from Dinan. I do not like the throttle response on my car what so ever and hope this will make things better. If I come to a stop and then hit the gas, the car hiccups for a split second then takes off.
This is the most annoying thing I have ever experienced since driving an automatic 545i. So I was hoping the Dinan would fix that initial hiccup when taking off, in other words, enhancing the throttle response.

Will this fix the problem or is this issue something completely different that i need looked at?

Thanks for your help
Old 12-09-2011, 08:40 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea two different things but I think you should just give this trick a try first and see if you notice a difference:

https://5series.net/forums/topic/400...moother-shift/
Old 12-10-2011, 04:28 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550 sport with all the fixins, 07 yukon with all the fixins.

Originally Posted by Shlooky
I spoke to a Dinan engineer today and he said that the stage one software will greatly enhance the throttle response, increase the RPMs by 250, and remove the top end limiter. Cost is $499

I also understand that the sprint booster also enhances throttle response minus all the other enhancements mentioned above and it's $200 cheaper.

Anyone install a Dinan stage 1 or two and noticed a difference in the throttle response and overall performance on their E60?

Thanks
Yea, but after you spoke to him, did he give you any idea of how much hp/tq will be added or was it just throttle response- rev remover and rpm increaser? I woiuld hope that they would add hp/tq.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:46 AM
Senior Members

Here is the info from the Dinan site...

K&N free flow air filter element recommended for optimum performance.

Product Description

Performance Engine Software extracts additional power as well as improves drivability. The software safely raises the rev-limiter by 250 rpm, enabling you to carry more road speed in each gear, as well as optimize shift points. The top speed governor has been removed, enabling the cars to reach their natural top speed. Revised EML tuning provides improved drivability by speeding up throttle response.

*Dyno results when combined with a K&N free flow air filter (available at additional cost).

Specifications

Labor Hours 0.5
Emission Status 50 State Emissions Legal
Max HP Gain 8 @ 6600 rpm*
Max Torque Gain 6 lb-ft @ 6600 rpm*
Included Notes Included Item Details

Not much but it's acceptable.

http://www.dinancars.com/shop/D900-4...re.aspx#page=1
Old 12-10-2011, 08:57 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by crypto
Yea two different things but I think you should just give this trick a try first and see if you notice a difference:

https://5series.net/forums/topic/400...moother-shift/
Actually Dinan has a transmission software upgrade for the 2003 E39 5 series, a friend suggested I talk to Dinan to see if they had a software package for the e60's and they said no.

My shifts are smooth, but it's that initial take off where the car hesitates for a split second, then takes off is what I want to get rid of. Is this related to a tune up? Spark plugs, coils etc.? Or is this the typical behaviour of all automatic E60's that Dinan and others have addressed?
Old 12-10-2011, 11:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

Simply put,

IF you want to FEEL the difference do the Sprint Booster

If you want to test the difference on a dyno to Dinan.
Old 12-10-2011, 02:52 PM
Senior Members

Ok thanks, will get the Dinan upgrade then.

Quick Reply: Dinan stage 1 or Sprint booster?