E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diamond Fusion Glass Protection

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 05:20 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Anyone hear or have any experiece with this stuff? A lot of us have been complaining about the softness of the E60s windshield and how it gets easily chipped and pitted by the little rocks on the road that gets kicked up. If this stuff really is what they claim it is it's got my attention...

There are videos in each of the link that talk a little bit more about the product.

http://www.diamon-fusionusa.com/main.html
Old 02-24-2006, 05:55 PM
dee
Members

My Ride: 05 545i jet blk/blk sports,sound

I'm sold,where can we buy some?
Old 02-24-2006, 06:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by dee' post='245684' date='Feb 24 2006, 06:55 PM
I'm sold,where can we buy some?

Dont lie... are you mocking me? hahah

http://www.diamon-fusionusa.com/contact.html

I'm serious I want to know if anyone has experience with this stuff... I dont like my windshield all pitt-ed up
Old 02-24-2006, 06:50 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2009 550i sports, Nav, logic Best E60 yet 2004 545i, sports pkg, logic 7 steptronic, rear shade,orient blue with beige interior, blue tooth enabled Razer Phone. 2004 X5 3.0, sports pkg, stepronic, summer pkg. imola red. 2006 Mini Cooper S, manual, sports, prem pkg, nav and kitchen sink.

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='245659' date='Feb 24 2006, 09:20 PM
Anyone hear or have any experiece with this stuff? A lot of us have been complaining about the softness of the E60s windshield and how it gets easily chipped and pitted by the little rocks on the road that gets kicked up. If this stuff really is what they claim it is it's got my attention...

There are videos in each of the link that talk a little bit more about the product.
http://www.diamon-fusionusa.com/main.html

I have never heard of this product, but if it works I want it; my windshield is a mess from driving on South Florida roads. I have had this problem with my last four BMW's and have felt that BMW glass is way to soft.

I sent the manufacture an email if I get a reply I'll post the info.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

While the information on the site looks good, I have a feeling that the reality is.... this product is basically the same thing as Rain X.

Rain X, as many of you will probably know, wears off over time... and gums up your windshield... causing the wipers to chatter and skip on the glass.

RainX is a mess, and nearly impossible to remove from the glass. Ask any service person at a dealership what they think about Rain X, and they will probably tell you NEVER to use it. They see more customers complain about their wipers after using Rain X.

Did you read the FAQ on the site? They say they sell a "maintenance solution". That sounds like Rain X to me,
Old 02-24-2006, 09:41 PM
Contributors

*sigh* Oh wells... I guess we can throw that out the Anti-Trap window too...
Old 02-24-2006, 09:54 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='245762' date='Feb 25 2006, 06:41 AM
*sigh* Oh wells... I guess we can throw that out the Anti-Trap window too...
if it works of course
Old 02-24-2006, 10:02 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d (4/05) M Sport, Carbon black, Black dakota leather, Sport seats, Xenon, Navi prof, Hi-fi pack, AS, BT, PDC, Sunroof

My windshield is so soft that after less than a year and 20000km it looks badly battered. By far the softest glass I've come across in any car. :thumbsdown:
Old 02-24-2006, 10:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 530i 05 M-technic Silvergrey whith beige dakotaleather

There is something that are realy awesome it?s caled Nano. Here is the German site enjoy http://www.innanovation.de/
Old 02-25-2006, 06:32 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Arrived 3 June 2005: 2005 545i - Orient Blue, Black interior, Sport, Steptronic, Cold Weather, NAV, Sirius, Logic7, Comfort Seats, Sunshades. What a glorious ride!

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' post='245745' date='Feb 24 2006, 11:45 PM
While the information on the site looks good, I have a feeling that the reality is.... this product is basically the same thing as Rain X.

Rain X, as many of you will probably know, wears off over time... and gums up your windshield... causing the wipers to chatter and skip on the glass.

RainX is a mess, and nearly impossible to remove from the glass. Ask any service person at a dealership what they think about Rain X, and they will probably tell you NEVER to use it. They see more customers complain about their wipers after using Rain X.
Did you read the FAQ on the site? They say they sell a "maintenance solution". That sounds like Rain X to me,
OK, I will take issue with this. I've used RainX on my last 3 cars (including the Bimmer), and I have never experienced any of the problems you cite. No "gumming up" the windshield, no problems with wipers (in my experience the blades glide very smoothly with RainX, in contrast to the chattering they do without), and it immeasurably improves night vision in rainy conditions.

Sorry if you don't like the stuff, but I think RainX is the best automotive product I've ever used.

Quick Reply: Diamond Fusion Glass Protection