E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Detail done today

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 04:40 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 550i Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood Trim, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Sport Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Electric Rear Sunshades, Heated Rear Seats, Sirius Radio

Silver is so darn easy compared to my previous black BMW that I feel I have neglected my car. After 6 months of ownership I have not yet clayed or polished. All I've done is wash, wax and or apply sealants. Today I decided the abuse comes to an end.

The process:

1. Wash with QEW (hoseless wash by ProtectAll).
2. Clayed using Meguiar's mild clay and QEW wash solution as a lubricant.
3. Klasse AIO (paint cleaner with light polishing qualities) using my Porter Cable and a yellow Meguiar's polishing pad.
4. Applied KlearKote "Red Moose Machine Glaze" using a finishing pad.
5. Applied Poorboys EX with Carnuba (a sealant) using a finishing pad.
6. Applied Klasse SG to my wheels.

What blows me away is that after 6 months I still have no need to use a real polish. My M3 I polished regularly, at least every other month. And when the sun came out those defects jumped off the paint. And it only stayed clean for about an hour. Silver may not be as dramatic, but it has a classic look and is easy, easy, easy.
Detail done today-img_1817_1.jpg
Detail done today-img_1818_1.jpg
Detail done today-img_1824_1.jpg
Detail done today-img_1829_1.jpg
Detail done today-img_1820_1.jpg
Attached Thumbnails Detail done today-img_1817_1.jpg  
Old 05-29-2006, 04:59 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 550i White/Black, SMG, Sports Pkg, Comfort Access, Nav, HUD, Satellite Radio, Anthracite Maple Trim 2006 X5 3.0, Black/Black, Sports Pkg, Premium Pkg, Xenon Adaptive Headlight, NAV, Rear Climate Pkg, Anthracite Trim

Looks great ... great job
Old 05-29-2006, 05:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Gone: 2004 525i Jet Black, Built 03/04, Premium Package, Black Dakota Leather, Halogen to Euro Spec Bi-Xenons Retrofit, Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Steptronic Breyton Spirit Reps 20x9F 20x10R - Nitto NT555 245/35/20F-275/30/20R, M5 Front Bumper, H&R Sport Springs, Chrome Grills, 20% Tint, Euro Reflectors, Debadged, Aux Input, CIP v19.x

great color..great job.
Old 05-29-2006, 05:28 PM
Senior Members

Nice ride.....please get the red reflectors!!!
Old 05-29-2006, 05:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550i - Titanium Silver, Step, Black Interior, Sports Pkg.,CWP,Comfort Access, Nav, Premium Sound, Sat. Radio

Looks fantastic! Great Job
Old 05-29-2006, 05:34 PM
Members

Originally Posted by darkside' post='289440' date='May 29 2006, 07:40 PM
Silver is so darn easy compared to my previous black BMW that I feel I have neglected my car. After 6 months of ownership I have not yet clayed or polished. All I've done is wash, wax and or apply sealants. Today I decided the abuse comes to an end.
Looks great! If you don't mind me asking, where do you get most of your cleaning supplies? What I'm really wondering is if you order on-line and if so, where from?
Old 05-29-2006, 06:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

The beauty of silver is that it always looks good....and after you detail it....it looks amazing!! Thanks for the pics
Old 05-29-2006, 06:26 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 550i Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood Trim, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Sport Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Electric Rear Sunshades, Heated Rear Seats, Sirius Radio

Originally Posted by VTec' post='289453' date='May 29 2006, 08:34 PM
Looks great! If you don't mind me asking, where do you get most of your cleaning supplies? What I'm really wondering is if you order on-line and if so, where from?
I have purchased from a number of online vendors. One is Pakshak.com. If you purchase there mention that you are an autopian and you get a sizeable discount. I've also purachased from the autopia store at autopia.org, meguiars, and others. I love my Porter Cable dual action polisher, but also now have a Makita rotary buffer. It is a sickness!
Old 05-29-2006, 07:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

A really good website to buy detailing supplies is:

www.topoftheline.com

I've got a Cyclo dual-head orbital polisher.... it's the best there is. Absolutely idiot-proof.

The beauty of silver is that it always looks good....and after you detail it....it looks amazing!! Thanks for the pics

But on the other side, all your hard work doesn't show as well because the car never looks dirty.

I remember my boss getting his Mercedes detailed one day (his is same color as Ti Silver), and laughing because after he spent $150 the car looked the same as any other day I had seen it.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:41 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' post='289517' date='May 29 2006, 10:41 PM
A really good website to buy detailing supplies is:
www.topoftheline.com
I've got a Cyclo dual-head orbital polisher.... it's the best there is. Absolutely idiot-proof.
But on the other side, all your hard work doesn't show as well because the car never looks dirty.

I remember my boss getting his Mercedes detailed one day (his is same color as Ti Silver), and laughing because after he spent $150 the car looked the same as any other day I had seen it.

The darker colors like monaco blue, jet black and the topaz blue metallic that is now not offered always look really good when waxed i used meguiars products and always been very happy. I hear NXT is just amazing.

Then again i hear that synthetic polymers are not good for our cars.

Quick Reply: Detail done today