E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Delay when pressing Gas Pedal

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 07:12 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05 BMW 530I

Quick ?. Has anyone experienced a delay when pressing the gas pedal. The other day I was at a complete stop then pressed the gas pedal and it delayed. It felt like the gas was not getting there. I have never had this issue and it hasnt happened since. Is this a sign of something begining to fail? It is a 05 530i with 105K on the ticker. I just took it to BMW to have the services done 2 weeks ago and they did a systems check and everything was normal.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 05' 545i

Haven't experienced a delay since I put the Sprint Booster in years ago.
Do you hear the engine rev when you press on the pedal? Has this happened again since?
Old 08-28-2012, 10:17 AM
Members

My Ride: 05 BMW 530I

Originally Posted by rrnag30
Do you hear the engine rev when you press on the pedal? Has this happened again since?
No I got nothing when I pressed the pedal. It was only a quick second. When I didnt get anything I released and pressed again and drove like usual. Usually when I press the gas it speeds off as I have a heavy foot.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

I could be wrong but it sounds like you need to do the throttle adaptation reset. If you do a search you will see quite a few threads on this. I have experienced this from time to time. The ECU learns how we drive and adapts to it. If you reset, it should be more responsive. I know from tme to time I feel a slight delay in the throttle response, after the reset, good as new. I dont think I have ever experienced it not going anywhere though. Just felt sluggish. See if this helps.

https://5series.net/forums/topic/400...moother-shift/
Old 08-28-2012, 12:31 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 550i

Originally Posted by rrnag30
I have throttle response problem when I'm going at a constant speed and I try to speed it up like crazy.
other than that, it sometimes is bit sluggish but nothing serious.
It is very responsive on sport mode though.
What exactly the sprint booster do? how to install one (DIY or stealership)? How much it is ?
And change in gas consumption?
Old 08-29-2012, 08:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 05' 545i

Originally Posted by ben53
I have throttle response problem when I'm going at a constant speed and I try to speed it up like crazy.
other than that, it sometimes is bit sluggish but nothing serious.
It is very responsive on sport mode though.
What exactly the sprint booster do? how to install one (DIY or stealership)? How much it is ?
And change in gas consumption?

You can do a search on this forum for more info, as this topic has been discussed repeatedly. Here are a few links

My link

My link
Old 08-29-2012, 09:58 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 ★ Alpine White

sounds like transmission fluid could be low. maybe you have a sealing sleeve leak. Look under your car and see if your engine cover has a leak spot.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:54 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2004 E60 545i Sport Package Manual 6 Speed

My 2004 545 have delay in reving too. My 545 is a 6 speed manual.

From full stop, I have to let the engine rev up first then let the clutch pedal accordingly. I drove manual before, I usually able to let off the clutch and the rev up the engine at the same time.

Will SprintBooster remedy this laggy feel on the gas pedal?

Best,
Peter
Woodland, CA
Old 11-19-2013, 05:07 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i sport package with Mteck & M5 Rims Mpower

I have the same problem a delay I took it to the Indy and the car was low on Transmition fluid cause by the oil pan seal . Replace it and I has never intill this day had the problem again .
Old 11-19-2013, 11:21 AM
Members

Originally Posted by thepetergw
My 2004 545 have delay in reving too. My 545 is a 6 speed manual.

From full stop, I have to let the engine rev up first then let the clutch pedal accordingly. I drove manual before, I usually able to let off the clutch and the rev up the engine at the same time.

Will SprintBooster remedy this laggy feel on the gas pedal?

Best,
Peter
Woodland, CA

Hi Peter,

I had the same problem on my 6 speed 545. I bought a Pedal Box (similar to Sprintbooster) and the car drives completely different!. It actually feels like I have found another 20 HP and another 30-40 lb ft of low end torque. Please note that these throttle re-mappers do NOT increase horsepower. They simply get rid of the acceleration delay. I don't know how I did without one! I bought a Pedal Box as opposed to a Sprintbooster simply because it has greater levels of programming and driver adaptablity settings. Trust me...I was a huge skeptic...not anymore! Installed in 5 minutes and went for an 2 hour drive...whichever device you chose to purchase, I assure you you will feel the difference!!!! ...and no, mashing the throttle harder at startoff does not reproduce the same effect!!!

Quick Reply: Delay when pressing Gas Pedal