E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Delay in high beam flashing.

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 09:40 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525d LCI - xenon, tv function,grey dakota leather,titanium silver,244 radial spokes.

My car went in for it's first service a few weeks back. Asked the service centre to update my software, they claim it was done but i'm not too sure as everything looks exactly the same.

However there is a delay when i flash my Xenon lights. Previously the response from the turn signal joystick was very rapid when flicked to flashing my high beam to on coming traffic. Whereas now there is a 1 or 2 second delay, i have to completly let go of the joystick and then pull it back to make the flashing more rapid.

I sent the car back to the dealership but still no solution, they claim the delay has been now set to 0 but i see no decrease in delay.

Any idea how i can get it the Xenons back to orignal factory settings?
Old 06-28-2008, 01:01 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 530i Individual, DVD Package, HUD, Bluetooth, Comfort Seats, SR, etc

delay in flashing can only mean one thing, the next gen flash lights will also be HID's..... but I dont know why they would program it in our cars.....I remember someone else was also pointing this issue....
Old 06-28-2008, 07:56 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 528i, Deep Sea Blue, M Aerodynamic Kit, Sport Package, Anthracite Headliner, Ventilated Seats, Navigation System, Logic7, Lights Package, HUD, PDC

Exactly the same thing happened to me after an CIP update.

Here's my post referring to it: http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=54364&hl=

It's as if the car is making sure that high-beam is turned on all the way every time we flash it;
and hence the slight pause between the flashes and slow reactions.

Anyways I'm happy to see another user noticing this change.. takes some keen and delicate eyes to know the change

Sadly I don't think there is anything to change this; and you probably will get used to it..
And it's not so bad because this way a flashing always goes all the way to signal properly.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:40 AM
Members

My Ride: 525d LCI - xenon, tv function,grey dakota leather,titanium silver,244 radial spokes.

It sure does take a keen eye to notice the change,even the service centre chaps didnt notice any change!

its good that it goes on all the way . . . but i still loved the quickness previously...wondering if i can go back to the previous CIP?