E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Del. on sat. 545

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 07:02 AM
Teg
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I got the car Sat. morning. Drove it home to let it sit. I drove it for a full 20 minutes before I parked it. Sunday I put a couple hundred miles on it. Here is my run down.....
This is definitly the ultimate driving machine. This thing is so smooth... Please, if you have any questions keep this thread going and I will try to respond quickly.
- First thing I noticed last night is that BMW's fix for the air bag light for the passenger is that from our inital test drive it was a bright light and now it looks like they smoked the plastic a little to dull the light. You still notice it but not as much.
- I already replaced the black inserts with the reflectors. I think in the long term I would need to armor all or whatever to dress that plastic because it will get dull and the reflectors brighten up that area.
- The radio is fine, and yes I didn't get the L7 but I don't get the static that others were getting.
- The I drive is simple. Not to down play it that others can't deal with it but I work on a computer all day and once you know where everything is or what voice comand to use it is pretty simple. Also I did not get a voice command list in my manual.
- The interior, we are very happy with it. We traded our X5 in and had basically the same interior and it looks just as nice or even better than that of the X5. As you can see we didn't get a lot of extras because I wanted the engine but overall the seats, the dash and the overall look is fantasic.

I can take pictures in the next day or so if anyone wants to see a specific item or view. Just let me know
Old 04-26-2004, 08:47 AM
Contributors

congratzz for your new ride !!

Mine also didnt have any of that static problem for the radio. I just confuse with so many people complaining about that ( i thought my ears couldnt differ static and non static), now..i find the other guy that doesnt have that problem too..yippiee

drive safely..
Old 04-26-2004, 01:08 PM
Members

Just, wondering if the L7 was really that neccessary? I heard from a few places that the standard sound system wasn;t so great. Is this really the case? Thanks for the input.
Old 04-27-2004, 05:40 AM
Teg
Members

I have the standard system. I haven't personally heard the other one so I can't compare but the standard one sounds good. If one thing I could change just because Lexicon makes the processors for the L7 I probably would change. Lexicon has some of the best sound processors in the world. Just by reading this and roadfly everyone loves the L7. Basically it all comes down to what you want and what your pocket can afford...
Old 04-27-2004, 06:58 AM
Contributors

In the UK, there are 3 levels of sound equip.

our standard...6 speakers ...sounds shite!
hi-fi pack (standard in usa I believe) ..10 speakers.....pretty good.........?355 gbp
Logic 7 ...13 speakers.....great (if you like that sort of thing and have deep pockets)?865 gbp

by the way......2% increase on all E60's in 3 weeks time according to finance director of a local dealership...don't know if this will also affect options.
Old 04-28-2004, 11:24 AM
Members

Teq - Glad to hear how much you're enjoying your new 545i - couldn't tell if your list of options was complete, so I wondered if you got the Sport Package? If not, why not? (I'm still pondering exactly what to order on my 545i).
Old 04-29-2004, 07:12 AM
Teg
Members

I have a pretty basic 545 compared to some of these guys. My wife wanted to go with a 530 and load it up so we meet halfway and got the engine, CWP and the nav on the 545. The nav and voice comands help get you through the i-drive faster. I can't really say anything on the sports package because I haven't road in one but based off of some of the guys on this forum and others, they love it. At this point in my life I want a fun, fast car and something safe for my family and the BMW does all of that plus some.
Old 04-29-2004, 01:33 PM
Members

My Ride: E90 330i Sport & E46 323Ci

Doctor Diesel;
UGHH! I hate it when I'm right. I knew this was gonna happen.

Looks to me like these price increases are beginning to occur on a quarterly basis, just like they did way back when the Marc was strong against the dollar in the late 80's. I'm sure the other models will get an increase as well.

So much for affordable luxury....

R.R.
Old 04-29-2004, 02:02 PM
Members

Hi,

This might be a silly question but Does this price increase only applies only to euro? Does this mean increas here in us?
Old 04-29-2004, 06:15 PM
Members

Originally Posted by RichReg' date='Apr 29 2004, 03:33 PM
...when the Marc was strong against the dollar.....
It's "mark" by the way.

Quick Reply: Del. on sat. 545