E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Default nav view

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 10:39 AM
Geo
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530i

Is there anyway to display a map view in the large window immediately after hitting the accept button? I find it frustrating that I have to do a voice command or go through a number of iDrive sub-items to display the map on the left side. I can get it in the small window after hitting entertainment, but would like it to display in the larger window.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:07 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Comfort Access, Xenon Headlights, Adaptive Headlight Control, Navigation System, Steptronic Transmission. Silver Gray Metallic with Gray Leather. Added Red rear reflectors. Swapped stock Style 124 wheels and Bridgestone run-flat tires for BMW Style 125 5-Double Spoke wheels, 8" x 19" front, 9.5" x 19" rear with Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tires, 245/40YR-19 front and 275/30YR-19 rear.

Originally Posted by Geo' post='218337' date='Jan 2 2006, 11:39 AM
Is there anyway to display a map view in the large window immediately after hitting the accept button? I find it frustrating that I have to do a voice command or go through a number of iDrive sub-items to display the map on the left side. I can get it in the small window after hitting entertainment, but would like it to display in the larger window.
So far I have not found any way to do this either.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:21 AM
Members

My Ride: 530iSE, Black Saphire with beige leather, auto, lux pack, comms pack, viz pack, power mirrors, 122 wheels

Try holding the iDrive control to the right for about 3 seconds, it should then switch to the last view you had on NAV. This also works for Comm, Entetainment and climate... just hold the control in the relevant direction wherever you are in other menus and it will return to the last screen.

So when I shut the car down it is in NAV with a perspective map. When I start up again I just hold the control to the right for 3 seconds and the map is back again.

Not automatic, but at least just one move
Old 01-02-2006, 11:26 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Comfort Access, Xenon Headlights, Adaptive Headlight Control, Navigation System, Steptronic Transmission. Silver Gray Metallic with Gray Leather. Added Red rear reflectors. Swapped stock Style 124 wheels and Bridgestone run-flat tires for BMW Style 125 5-Double Spoke wheels, 8" x 19" front, 9.5" x 19" rear with Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tires, 245/40YR-19 front and 275/30YR-19 rear.

Originally Posted by Brendan' post='218350' date='Jan 2 2006, 12:21 PM
Try holding the iDrive control to the right for about 3 seconds, it should then switch to the last view you had on NAV. This also works for Comm, Entetainment and climate... just hold the control in the relevant direction wherever you are in other menus and it will return to the last screen.

So when I shut the car down it is in NAV with a perspective map. When I start up again I just hold the control to the right for 3 seconds and the map is back again.

Thanks. Will give it a try.
Old 01-02-2006, 12:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Brendan' post='218350' date='Jan 2 2006, 03:21 PM

Right on.
Old 01-02-2006, 12:05 PM
Members

My Ride: 530iSE, Black Saphire with beige leather, auto, lux pack, comms pack, viz pack, power mirrors, 122 wheels

at long last I am able to return some help
Old 01-02-2006, 02:15 PM
Contributors

Many thanks !!
Old 01-02-2006, 03:17 PM
Geo
Members

My Ride: 530i

Originally Posted by Brendan' post='218350' date='Jan 2 2006, 03:21 PM

For some reason, I get the new route prompt/menu selection and no map when I push the selector to the right.
Old 01-02-2006, 04:28 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

Originally Posted by Brendan' post='218350' date='Jan 2 2006, 12:21 PM

This doesn't work for me....
When I hold iDrive control to the right for 3 seconds, it only switch to NAV mode, not to the map nor last screen. I have to move the iDrive control down 2 times to get to Map Facing North.

Similar things to Radio and Communication :thumbsdown:
Old 01-02-2006, 04:33 PM
Members

When you hold it to the right for 3 seconds it will revert to the way NAV was left last time, even if the car is shut down. The advantage is that if you go from NAV to the phone and back again you can do it without ever clicking, just by holding the iDrive in the right direction.

I guess if you are getting the NAV menu page then that was the page the nav was left in when last used. If it has the map selected when it is left, then when selected with the hold function it should go straight back to the map.

Oh well my best shot and the only short cut I have come across.

Quick Reply: Default nav view