E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Decreased radius for Remote Doorlock

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 11:34 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LJTX545I' post='998775' date='Sep 4 2009, 05:53 PM
More and more I notice that I have to be closer to the car to operate the remote doorlock/unlock. My key is less than a year old. What could possibly be happening? I tried using the other key, but it did not help.

thanks,

k
I know this is not the fix you want to hear but it will solve the problem of radius...

if you are at a distance where your remote dosent work and you know it should try the following....

Place the remote under your chin and hit the button you'll see that it will reach...

this is NO BS try it and post back the result.. the reason is that your body acts as an antenna and will make the signal reach farther or something like that.. i dont know the whole reasoning behind it but thats more or less the effect...

years ago my buddy and I were walking out of a walmart and he did that to unlock his car which was far as hell i was like WTF!!! i saw the lights blink and then he did it regular with remote to his side and it didnt blink.. it amzed me and i have known this trick ever since and share it as it comes up..

again i know you relly dont want to hold it to your chin everytime as it should give u a better radius but this is a bandaid to the problem for now again try it and post back..
Old 09-22-2009, 11:40 AM
Members

My Ride: 07 525i

Originally Posted by trboda6' post='1014087' date='Sep 22 2009, 03:34 PM
I know this is not the fix you want to hear but it will solve the problem of radius...

if you are at a distance where your remote dosent work and you know it should try the following....

Place the remote under your chin and hit the button you'll see that it will reach...

this is NO BS try it and post back the result.. the reason is that your body acts as an antenna and will make the signal reach farther or something like that.. i dont know the whole reasoning behind it but thats more or less the effect...

years ago my buddy and I were walking out of a walmart and he did that to unlock his car which was far as hell i was like WTF!!! i saw the lights blink and then he did it regular with remote to his side and it didnt blink.. it amzed me and i have known this trick ever since and share it as it comes up..

again i know you relly dont want to hold it to your chin everytime as it should give u a better radius but this is a bandaid to the problem for now again try it and post back..
+1 this works for my VW, a friend told me about this and I called BS but it actually doubled my radius. However this trick does not seem to work with the BMW.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:44 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ukamath' post='1014104' date='Sep 22 2009, 03:40 PM
+1 this works for my VW, a friend told me about this and I called BS but it actually doubled my radius. However this trick does not seem to work with the BMW.

lol yeah same here BS untill ive tried it.. not sure why it dosent work on your e60 it works on mine.. i dont have the keyless go i have the regular key so not sure if the newer ones dont work ,On mine here in miami i use this trick Daily to lower my windows from a far distance to let out the HEAT before i get to my car since i choose not to have tints because i think cars look soo much cleaner without them..
Old 09-22-2009, 11:49 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530d M Sport Automatic, Le Mans Edition.Le Mans Blue Individual Paint Special, Syrah Blue Individual Leather, Piano Black Individual Interior Trim, Front seat heating,M Double Spoke 172 19

Originally Posted by Poolie520' post='1014080' date='Sep 22 2009, 02:26 PM
If you open up ebay (uk site) and enter the number from ukamath's post (see below) there is a picture attached.

There is a antenna on ebay for 65GBP (item 290188712029) however this is only for UK cars as frequency for remote is 434Mhz, USA is 315Mhz and 800Mhz (comfort access). This is printed on the back of your keyfob.

Poolie
You are right,the part number for that item is for europe only,check it out at RealOem.By the way,the frequency of my remote is 868Mhz.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:30 PM
Members

Originally Posted by tooltec' post='1014118' date='Sep 22 2009, 03:49 PM
You are right,the part number for that item is for europe only,check it out at RealOem.By the way,the frequency of my remote is 868Mhz.
If you are at 868Mhz my guess is that you have comfort access. When I was at the parts dept I think he asked me which one I had and I said 315, then he said I was lucky as the 868 was more expensive, he did not say how much more. The part number in real oem are obsolete, I took the printout from real oem and the latest part number in real oem was an old part number. They have changed this part multiple times so I'm guessing they have had issues and made improvements.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:21 PM
Members

Originally Posted by ukamath' post='1014165' date='Sep 22 2009, 04:30 PM
If you are at 868Mhz my guess is that you have comfort access. When I was at the parts dept I think he asked me which one I had and I said 315, then he said I was lucky as the 868 was more expensive, he did not say how much more. The part number in real oem are obsolete, I took the printout from real oem and the latest part number in real oem was an old part number. They have changed this part multiple times so I'm guessing they have had issues and made improvements.

Whats the website where I can get this part?
Old 09-22-2009, 09:25 PM
Members

I made this collage to detail what it takes to remove the sensor. I'll add some details later.. I just wanted to show this photo blog

Decreased radius for Remote Doorlock-fix_bmw_remote_2009.jpg
Old 09-22-2009, 09:46 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530d M Sport Automatic, Le Mans Edition.Le Mans Blue Individual Paint Special, Syrah Blue Individual Leather, Piano Black Individual Interior Trim, Front seat heating,M Double Spoke 172 19

Originally Posted by ukamath' post='1014165' date='Sep 22 2009, 04:30 PM
No,I don't have comfort access.I believe that other frequencies are also used in the UK.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:46 AM
Members

Just been on the phone to the dealer where I bought my car.
Its booked in for Monday for an investigation, then I'll probably have to wait another week or two for them to repair it.
Poolie.

ps. useful pic's gas1981 thanks,
Old 09-23-2009, 04:58 AM
Members

Originally Posted by qas1981' post='1014521' date='Sep 23 2009, 01:25 AM
I made this collage to detail what it takes to remove the sensor. I'll add some details later.. I just wanted to show this photo blog

Attachment 90743
Thats a good way of removing the airbag sign without damage, is that dental floss?

Quick Reply: Decreased radius for Remote Doorlock