E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The dealer's son stole my car!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 07:27 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The dealer I bought my BMW from has over a dozen dealerships in our area; Jaguar, Mercedes etc - lots of cars to pick from.

I drive into the parking lot at my local driving range, and THERE IS MY CAR (pic of mine below). I mean exactly my car - jet black, tint, debadged, and my 19" BBS wheels. As I'm walking out, I meet the car's owner, nice guy, and he's the son of my dealer! He said "I saw your car in the lot, and that was the best looking 5 series I've seen". So he puts together the exact same car! Nice compliment - he could have picked pretty much any model to drive, but MY CAR???

...Aaaargh!
Attached Thumbnails The dealer's son stole my car!-dscf0001.jpg  
Old 12-05-2004, 07:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: #1: 2004 545i; 6-speed manual; Sport Package; Mystic Blue with a gray leather interior and Anthracite wood; CWP; Logic 7. #2: 2010 535xi Touring; Automatic.

That's a great compliment. Too bad it isn't as unique any more.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:32 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 E90 M3

It's a sign to get more mods
Old 12-05-2004, 07:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545, Auto, Sport, L7, Pdc, Sunshades, Silver Gray/Black, 19x8.5/9.5 Monet Wheels, Michelin PS A/S Tires, Full M-KIt, B&B Exhaust, 20% Llumar Tint

My neighbor said he was going to do the same thing with my 525 (color, wheels, tint etc...) so I sold it to him and bought a 545
Old 12-05-2004, 08:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Hey wolverine,

You have one of the nicest e60's out there! I can see why he'd do it.
Sucks to not be individual anymore. Hopefully he won't drive it too much (at least where you can see him).

I'd take it as a compliment... But it still sucks!
Old 12-05-2004, 08:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by wolverine' date='Dec 5 2004, 12:27 PM
The dealer I bought my BMW from has over a dozen dealerships in our area; Jaguar, Mercedes etc - lots of cars to pick from.?

I drive into the parking lot at my local driving range, and THERE IS MY CAR (pic of mine below).? I mean exactly my car - jet black, tint, debadged, and my 19" BBS wheels.? As I'm walking out, I meet the car's owner, nice guy, and he's the son of my dealer!? He said "I saw your car in the lot, and that was the best looking 5 series I've seen".? So he puts together the exact same car!? Nice compliment - he could have picked pretty much any model to drive, but MY CAR???

...Aaaargh!
[snapback]65015[/snapback]
================================================== ===
Hi wolverine:

What a great compliment made by the owners son. But it is too bad your Bimmer is unique any more.

(LOL...I was just thinking maybe you have an old girlfriend you looking to trade in, on a newer and improve model, LOL, And if so, you might take her by the BMW dealership, and give her to the owners son, so he then will be able to sport her around town also in his "Wolverine" "Want-A-BE" Bimmer!

(By the way, What Kind, and where do you buy that wax that you use on you BMW? That is one nice shiny wax job!)

Now I am Just Kidding!!! but seriously I love your 19inch wheels! (I just broke down $$$ and bought a set of 8X18s BMW Parallel M wheels last week from The Wheel Exchange for my E60 530i, SEE BELOW)

Presley348

The dealer&#39;s son stole my car&#33;-e._presley_2004_bmw_530i_023.jpg
Old 12-05-2004, 09:09 AM
Senior Members

Paint your brake calipers read. Easy way to make yours a little more distinctive. It also looks like it needs to be lowered.

More mods=unique.
Old 12-05-2004, 09:49 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

Call the police immediately !
Old 12-05-2004, 09:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

This guy is the son of a bmw dealer and he doesn't know how to make his car individual but just copies a clients car???

It is a nice compliment but I would be annoyed after spending a large sum of $$$ and some guy just copies it.
Old 12-05-2004, 10:10 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d Sport - Carbon Black, Black Dakota Leather, Media Pack (satnav, bluetooth, CD changer), heated font seats, through load

Nice car Wolverine.

Maybe the topic should have been "copy", as stolen it isn't.

BTW, you didn't happen to have an Audi A4 about 7 years ago do you?

Quick Reply: The dealer's son stole my car!