E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Dealer scratched my car after they removed THIRD ding!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 06:59 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545iA - Built date 09/03, Sport Package, Alpine White III, Grey Interior, Cold Weather Package, PDC, Rear Electric Sunshades, Comfort Seats, Logic 7, Chromed BMW Style 124 18x8, 18x9 Wheels, M-Tech Aero Kit, Rear Trunk Decklid Spoiler, Tinted Windows, Valentine One Modifications: RDSport Quad Exhaust, 20x8.5 and 20x11 HRE 943R, Vorsteiner CF Decklid, Dinan CAI

I am beyond livid...

My car was at the dealer for 1 week for the following:
1. CIP 23 update
2. Fuel injecters scoped, checked and cleaned
3. Remove a THIRD ding that my dealer dinged after they removed 2 other dings that they dinged
4. Some other services

I picked up my car on Fri evening (which I had to wait almost 45 minutes because my paper work was misplaced; hence, they frantically couldn't locate my car. I had to walk to my Service Manager's office and waited for him while he was on the phone because the Cashier was not able to locate him). After I informed my Service Manager about the paperwork, he couldn't believe it either even though he said he personally walked the paperwork to the Cashier in the early afternoon.

After they finally located my paperwork and car, I noticed it was not washed even though I was told my car was ready and washed in the morning. The guy who got my car asked me if I wanted a car wash. After waiting for 45 minutes, I said no thanks, I don't have time. I will wash it myself.

Today, I decided to drive my car. As my car was warming up, I decided to do another walk through to check for dings and scratches and also to look inside my engine compartment. My engine cover was filled with dirt and grease stains which it didn't have before I brought it to the dealer. Additionally, to my disgust, my air filter box have about two 1 inch deep scratches and other surface scratches as well. WTF!!

I already left a voicemail to my Service Manager about my engine compartment, now I have to leave another voicemail about the scratches on my air filter box.

Has anyone encountered similar situations? Why are dealers so careless and carefree of our cars? Are we suppose to just sit back and let the dealer scratch, ding, dent, dirty our cars? Makes me really think twice about the actual work/service performed on my car and others' cars.

My car has suffered more wear and tear from my dealers than the normal wear and tear due to use or age. A couple months ago another dealer scratched my I-Drive knob so bad that they replaced it for me. Also, never mentioned about that pen mark on my driver's door too.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

You're telling me!!! Can I ask which dealer you're having problems with?

I've never posted and complained about this but I think its about time. A year ago I took my car in to get a oil change and they overfilled my engine with oil which caused engine vibrations. (this I posted on this board.)

Then about a month ago I took it in to get service 1 done and they underfilled my engine wtih oil. I got the "oil level below minimum, add a quart ASAP" from the iDrive while driving home so i called the dealer and they had me drive back the next day and all they did was put in 1 qt of oil.

then a week later I noticed oil on my garage floor!!!! WTF leaking oil? So back to the dealer... they found out that the O ring on the oil filter was pinched so they had to replace the oil filter + O-Ring.

Picked the car back up and guess what... Yup! iDrive tells me my car is low on oil! AGAIN... this time it was more than a quart low... I couldnt even see oil on my dip stick when I pulled it out. I just added 1.25 quarts myself... and TRIED to complain to the dealer... they basically arnt doing anything. I even spoke with the Service manager and he's just blowing me off. My service advisor just said he doesnt know whats up and thats that... no answers... no compnesation... nothing.

FORGET IT. I've had it with Long Beach BMW. I'm going to try a different dealer... I've had MORE problems with then than every now. They were good with the MINI but with the BMW they suck. Their service sucks too now. Their attitude now is "dont care"... so I wont recommend them anymore.

I just havent had time to make a formal complaint. After Nov 11th I think I'm going to formally write a letter to the General Manager of the dealer and to BMW NA and complain about the horrible service and carefree attitude I've been getting.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

I been reading alot of us people saying US dealers dont wash the cars and are very bad servies.
Well write a letter to the HQ and tell them that BMW US are bad.
We only have 1 dealer in HK so they got to be good for the after servies.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:27 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545iA - Built date 09/03, Sport Package, Alpine White III, Grey Interior, Cold Weather Package, PDC, Rear Electric Sunshades, Comfort Seats, Logic 7, Chromed BMW Style 124 18x8, 18x9 Wheels, M-Tech Aero Kit, Rear Trunk Decklid Spoiler, Tinted Windows, Valentine One Modifications: RDSport Quad Exhaust, 20x8.5 and 20x11 HRE 943R, Vorsteiner CF Decklid, Dinan CAI

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='347844' date='Oct 22 2006, 11:13 PM
You're telling me!!! Can I ask which dealer you're having problems with?

I've never posted and complained about this but I think its about time. A year ago I took my car in to get a oil change and they overfilled my engine with oil which caused engine vibrations. (this I posted on this board.)

Then about a month ago I took it in to get service 1 done and they underfilled my engine wtih oil. I got the "oil level below minimum, add a quart ASAP" from the iDrive while driving home so i called the dealer and they had me drive back the next day and all they did was put in 1 qt of oil.

then a week later I noticed oil on my garage floor!!!! WTF leaking oil? So back to the dealer... they found out that the O ring on the oil filter was pinched so they had to replace the oil filter + O-Ring.

Picked the car back up and guess what... Yup! iDrive tells me my car is low on oil! AGAIN... this time it was more than a quart low... I couldnt even see oil on my dip stick when I pulled it out. I just added 1.25 quarts myself... and TRIED to complain to the dealer... they basically arnt doing anything. I even spoke with the Service manager and he's just blowing me off. My service advisor just said he doesnt know whats up and thats that... no answers... no compnesation... nothing.

FORGET IT. I've had it with Long Beach BMW. I'm going to try a different dealer... I've had MORE problems with then than every now. They were good with the MINI but with the BMW they suck. Their service sucks too now. Their attitude now is "dont care"... so I wont recommend them anymore.

I just havent had time to make a formal complaint. After Nov 11th I think I'm going to formally write a letter to the General Manager of the dealer and to BMW NA and complain about the horrible service and carefree attitude I've been getting.
EBMC, we should start a category here on E60.net for Dealer Complaints, Dealers who provide poor service, Highly Recommend dealers, etc... I am sure our frustrations are shared by other fellow E60 owners.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:31 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='347845' date='Oct 22 2006, 11:24 PM
I been reading alot of us people saying US dealers dont wash the cars and are very bad servies.
Well write a letter to the HQ and tell them that BMW US are bad.
We only have 1 dealer in HK so they got to be good for the after servies.
I was considering to contact BMW NA. However, one thing is my Service Manager usually very accomodating and has always fixed or corrected their mistakes so far.
Old 10-22-2006, 09:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Gone: 2004 525i Jet Black, Built 03/04, Premium Package, Black Dakota Leather, Halogen to Euro Spec Bi-Xenons Retrofit, Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Steptronic Breyton Spirit Reps 20x9F 20x10R - Nitto NT555 245/35/20F-275/30/20R, M5 Front Bumper, H&R Sport Springs, Chrome Grills, 20% Tint, Euro Reflectors, Debadged, Aux Input, CIP v19.x

I'm guessing it was Crevier

I've had numerous problems with them...including damaging 2 of my wheels. They did however fix what they damaged but time wasted having to return.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:18 AM
Members

I also had a problem with my second dealer (Tischer BMW of Silver Spring, Maryland, US). I just came back from an oil change, the paperwork said "Completed an oil & filter change". When I came home, I checked the filter. It was very dirty, and sure enough, it had my mark that I deliberately placed on it prior to the oil change service. The oil was pretty dark/dirty as well, not the kind you see when you put the new oil in.

Bottom line, I am extremely disappointed, that a BMW dealer would lie like that to its customers, waste their time, and endanger the vehicle by failing to replace oil and filter while charging BMW warranty for the services never performed.

At this time, I strongly feel that I have to report this to BMW NA, and copy BMW AG headquarters on this incident, as I am sure I am not the only one. Does anybody have an address for both places? Anyone had similar experiences, want to write a group letter/petition?

Also, I am thinking of asking BMW NA to send me the parts (oil and filter) in the mail for the remainder of my warranty service, as I completely lost trust to US Dealers, and will not take my car back to them again! :thumbsdown:
Old 10-25-2006, 05:12 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bimmerman' post='348739' date='Oct 25 2006, 11:18 AM
I also had a problem with my second dealer (Tischer BMW of Silver Spring, Maryland, US). I just came back from an oil change, the paperwork said "Completed an oil & filter change". When I came home, I checked the filter. It was very dirty, and sure enough, it had my mark that I deliberately placed on it prior to the oil change service. The oil was pretty dark/dirty as well, not the kind you see when you put the new oil in.

Bottom line, I am extremely disappointed, that a BMW dealer would lie like that to its customers, waste their time, and endanger the vehicle by failing to replace oil and filter while charging BMW warranty for the services never performed.

At this time, I strongly feel that I have to report this to BMW NA, and copy BMW AG headquarters on this incident, as I am sure I am not the only one. Does anybody have an address for both places? Anyone had similar experiences, want to write a group letter/petition?

Also, I am thinking of asking BMW NA to send me the parts (oil and filter) in the mail for the remainder of my warranty service, as I completely lost trust to US Dealers, and will not take my car back to them again! :thumbsdown:
That is unbelieveable that they would do that. I agree you need to escalate this straight to the top. Keep us posted on the outcome.