E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Dealer dinged my car again!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 08:56 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545iA - Built date 09/03, Sport Package, Alpine White III, Grey Interior, Cold Weather Package, PDC, Rear Electric Sunshades, Comfort Seats, Logic 7, Chromed BMW Style 124 18x8, 18x9 Wheels, M-Tech Aero Kit, Rear Trunk Decklid Spoiler, Tinted Windows, Valentine One Modifications: RDSport Quad Exhaust, 20x8.5 and 20x11 HRE 943R, Vorsteiner CF Decklid, Dinan CAI

I can't believe it...but I took my car in recently to have two very small dings removed on top of my driver side turn signal and on the left hand side of my hood. My dealer removed them for me free of charge because I brought it to their attention after my car was there for 2 days to get my battery charged on my 545i.

However, when I went to pick up my car today, my jaw dropped when I discovered a new ding on the left hand side of my hood. My Service Manager couldn't believe it either and said they will take care of it when I am back on Oct 17 for another service.

I always walk around my car before I leave the dealer. It seems like you have to. My confidence level is not very high with the way dealers handles my car. Another dealer that i went to a few months ago, they scratched my I Drive knob so bad that they replaced it for me.

It seems like taking your car to your dealers, you really need to check everything twice before and after you leave the dealer.

Does anyone encounter similiar issues with their dealers?

Thanks!
Old 10-10-2006, 09:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Yup at my lexus dealer... they scratched both my front rims. then i waited over a week and a half for them to replace them and then I come home to find that they scratched one of the repalced rims too! Now awaiting a 3rd rim to be replaced.

As for BMW... knock on wood. I hope I dont find anything. I'm taking the car in on thurs to get it checked out. I found a few splots of oil leak in the garage under the car. Hope its nothing big.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:24 PM
Contributors

Nope, but the last time I was at the dealer, I saw one of their workers drive a customer's E60, and nicked another customers front E46 then when he was going foward nicked another X3's back bumper. So I said to my SA, do not let that guy drive my car!! PLEASE!!
Old 10-11-2006, 01:07 AM
Members

My Ride: 525D

Ohh i hate leaving the car at the dealer i got my BRAND NEW 19" Rims scratched when i had my audi at service and it was a LONG battle for me too get them too pay
Old 10-11-2006, 04:27 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by remuse' post='343613' date='Oct 11 2006, 12:56 AM
I can't believe it...but I took my car in recently to have two very small dings removed on top of my driver side turn signal and on the left hand side of my hood. My dealer removed them for me free of charge because I brought it to their attention after my car was there for 2 days to get my battery charged on my 545i.

However, when I went to pick up my car today, my jaw dropped when I discovered a new ding on the left hand side of my hood. My Service Manager couldn't believe it either and said they will take care of it when I am back on Oct 17 for another service.

I always walk around my car before I leave the dealer. It seems like you have to. My confidence level is not very high with the way dealers handles my car. Another dealer that i went to a few months ago, they scratched my I Drive knob so bad that they replaced it for me.

It seems like taking your car to your dealers, you really need to check everything twice before and after you leave the dealer.

Thanks!
Whats the name of your dealer??
cheers
vern
Old 10-11-2006, 12:36 PM
Members

My Ride: My 1st was an '06 530xi, Titanium Silver w/ gray dakota leather, sport pkg. & Nav. Now my 2nd is an '08 650i CP, Space Gray, Blk Dakota, Sprt. Auto, HUD, Sprt. Pkg., Prem. Sound, High Beam Ast. & Comfort Access

Originally Posted by remuse' post='343613' date='Oct 11 2006, 12:56 AM

Thanks!
I have never had my car "dinged", and hope I never do. I did take it in recently for the "anti-trap" message. When I got it back, the driver's seat looked like a greasy service tech. had slept on it. The black film on my gray leather was a mess. I pointed it out to the service manager and he had it cleaned immediately. I had hoped for a little more concern, so I know how you must feel. Good luck with your next trip.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:27 PM
Members

I had a very similar experience just recently.....except that I did not discover the scratch until 2 days later. I brought the car home from the dealer (parked it in my garage), went on vacation for 2 days (left immediately after dropping off the car), came back on the third day and cleaned my car. That was when I noticed a 4-5" scratch on my headlight. I immedately called my SA who suggested I come by the dealer. The SA's manager came out, took a look at it and told me that he was not going to replace it. I told him that it was not there before when I dropped off the car but since it had been out of the dealers hands for 3 days, he refused to repair it. I filed a complaint with the BBB (which I doubt with accomplish anything) called BMWNA (who told me that basically they aren't going to do anything because they can't force a dealership to do something they don't want to do) and also e-mailed the owner the dealer (who ignored my e mail and never got back to me). I guess I'll have to live with this scratch. To add insult to injury the SA's manager suggested I go buy some polish and take it out myself. ALWAYS, I repeat ALWAYS inspect your car immediately after picking up your car.

BTW, the dealership did not do any paperwork when I first dropped off the car. (you know the paper that designates all existing damage to the car)
Old 10-11-2006, 06:29 PM
Senior Members

man, sorry youre not in bulgaria... otherwise wed sort him out

Old 10-11-2006, 06:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

In HK they check the car all round and mark on the form the dents and mark. so when you pick up the car and check the form with the car and see if there are new 1s.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: No mods

my dealer cracked my front windshield! :thumbsdown: but that was last year
hopefully when i pick from service tomorrow nothing is wrong