E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Dealer configured automatic folding mirrors to

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 03:07 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I know another one. Your dealer can set your car to open only the driverside door when you unlock your car. Or unlock all the doors + trunk when unlocking with your remote. I chose the last option because I find it anoying to push twice to get others in (like on a mercedes benz)
Actually that is available in the US, and is setable via I-Drive. I was more curious about the things only the dealer can change for you.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:15 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Aug 27 2004, 04:33 PM
[quote name='530E60NL' date='Aug 27 2004, 08:42 PM'] I only wondered if my alarm is set on while doing this action. Or is it when you lock the car and press the lock button again that the alarm is dissabled.. yes, yes I know RTFM.. but I am a lazy git.

Yes I know another one. Your dealer can set your car to open only the driverside door when you unlock your car. Or unlock all the doors? + trunk when unlocking with your remote. I chose the last option because I find it anoying to push twice to get others in (like on a mercedes benz)
Pressing and holding the lock button will close the sun roof and the windows, then fold the mirrors. If you THEN press the lock button again the interior sensors of the alarm system are turned off. This is only if you press the lock button twice!

The drivers door only setting you can set yourself in idrive, that's not a dealer setting! [/quote]
so, ice... when i've locked the door (and not held the lock for the mirrors)
and let go of the lock button

then i press it again and hold it...
... the mirrors fold

but, have i also disabled the interior sensors?
and
what exactly does it mean that they are disabled?

please
Old 08-27-2004, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Yes, in that case they are disabled. It's a function for situations where you have your dog in the car. The dog moving around in the car would set off the alarm.
Also the tendency sensor is shut off. So when you put your car on a freight car or tow truck you better shut it off, because the truck is moving around too much, so the alarm can go off.

What that means is, that if somebody breaks the window and reaches in, no alarm... If someone puts the car on a tow truck, no alarm...
Old 08-27-2004, 05:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Aug 27 2004, 04:33 PM
The drivers door only setting you can set yourself in idrive, that's not a dealer setting!
Mmmmh haven't found that one yet.. I will search and post about this one.
Old 08-27-2004, 07:05 PM
Members

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Aug 27 2004, 12:42 PM
Yes I know another one. Your dealer can set your car to open only the driverside door when you unlock your car. Or unlock all the doors + trunk when unlocking with your remote. I chose the last option because I find it anoying to push twice to get others in (like on a mercedes benz)
Actually you can do the door locks and trunk lock and unlock configuration through your iDrive settings menu.. I played with that a couple days ago my self. You can also choose to have the doors all lock when begin driving or stay unlocked. You dont need the dealer for that.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:27 PM
MEX
Senior Members

bought a nice 5-series keyring for my lovely wife's key. I believe I am more happy with the keyring then she is hahaha.. But hey it's hers, I promised!
hehehe when you say lovely... are you talking about your wife.... or the key??

sounds like the 2nd one. j/k
Old 08-28-2004, 02:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Hahahahaa... I meant the key of course!!! Don't tell my wife!!!
Old 09-09-2008, 02:00 PM
Senior Members

Sorry to drag up an old thread but can someone confirm if folding mirrors works from the remote key fob for UK cars (specifically LCI models). I tried it on one recently and it didn't work (held down the lock button on the remote, windows and sun roof closed but not folding of mirrors). The BMW sales rep didn't seem to know much.

Is this an option in the iDrive or a dealer set option?

TIA
Old 09-09-2008, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by Techno79' post='665687' date='Sep 9 2008, 03:00 PM
Sorry to drag up an old thread but can someone confirm if folding mirrors works from the remote key fob for UK cars (specifically LCI models). I tried it on one recently and it didn't work (held down the lock button on the remote, windows and sun roof closed but not folding of mirrors). The BMW sales rep didn't seem to know much.

Is this an option in the iDrive or a dealer set option?

TIA
should be a dealer set option avaible in europe models...
Old 09-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='665691' date='Sep 10 2008, 12:11 AM
should be a dealer set option avaible in europe models...
yep.

Quick Reply: Dealer configured automatic folding mirrors to