E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Dealer configured automatic folding mirrors to

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 07:43 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

The dealer configured the automatic folding mirrors to close while using my key. I have to press the close key for a little longer then normal and they close automatically. It's such a cool feature especially if you don't want to use it you just push the close button shortly.

When I unlock the car again they fold open automatically and the neat light under the mirror shines on the floor so I don't step in anything. This is such a nice feature and it works like a charm.

If you have the electric foldable mirrors you should really ask your dealer to change the configuration to the autofolding while closing, you won't be dissapointed.

They also experienced the problem with the I-Drive not going to the navigation part of the screen (rightway push). The offered to update the I-Drive but I told them no thank you, I will wait untill a newer version with less bugs comes out. I saw the serviceguy thinking: How the heck does he know that????

Furthermore I bought the hanger for my jacket that is attached to the headrests. I find it a bit flimsy and rubbery. When I take my jacket off the hanger pops of the holder because it is only sticking there due to the pressure of the rubbers to eachoter. I'll see if it is this way all the time or else they can have it back.

Furthermore bought a nice 5-series keyring for my lovely wife's key. I believe I am more happy with the keyring then she is hahaha.. But hey it's hers, I promised!
Old 08-27-2004, 08:41 AM
Senior Members

i like the sound of the "folding on close" feature. I have the folding mirrors but always have to push the little button on the drivers door. doing this via the key just looks

will ask my dealer to enable that when car goes in to have a faulty pdc sensor replaced (that should have been done when it was in yesterday but BMW AG sent it pre-painted in topaz blue not mystic...doh !!!!)
Old 08-27-2004, 10:26 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, real cool. Use it all the time. Its also a good feature to check you've locked your car too When mirrors are folded by remote it also means car locked and windows closed too as a check.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I only wondered if my alarm is set on while doing this action. Or is it when you lock the car and press the lock button again that the alarm is dissabled.. yes, yes I know RTFM.. but I am a lazy git.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:41 AM
Members

Anyone know of any other dealer programable features that are handy? Or a place where I can find them?
Old 08-27-2004, 10:42 AM
Contributors

Yes I know another one. Your dealer can set your car to open only the driverside door when you unlock your car. Or unlock all the doors + trunk when unlocking with your remote. I chose the last option because I find it anoying to push twice to get others in (like on a mercedes benz)
Old 08-27-2004, 11:15 AM
Members

I'm confused - I have the 545 with everything but shades, active cruise and ski door- do I have this feature? What button on the driver's door? News to me ...maybe I don't have it - didn't know I could order it if it was an option - mine was a March build / April delivery...
Old 08-27-2004, 11:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 550i - AS, SP, CWP, Nav, L7, Rear Sunshades, PDC, Comfort Seats

The dealer configured the automatic folding mirrors to close while using my key. I have to press the close key for a little longer then normal and they close automatically. It's such a cool feature especially if you don't want to use it you just push the close button shortly
I am guessing that this option is not available in the US? Because I do not remember reading about this feature when I purchased my 545.

Is there a way to get this option retrofitted?
Old 08-27-2004, 01:08 PM
Members

Originally Posted by GP545iSport' date='Aug 27 2004, 02:15 PM
I am guessing that this option is not available in the US? Because I do not remember reading about this feature when I purchased my 545.

Is there a way to get this option retrofitted?
I had asked the same question before and the consensus was that this was NOT available in the US

As far as retrofit is concerned: I'd say no since it appears they deliberately turned it off for the US (heck the DVD even tells you that if you keep holding down the lock button then the alarm gets disabled) -- so it appears that somehow the lawyers felt this wasn't safe for the US market. It's beyond me why that would be.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Aug 27 2004, 08:42 PM
I only wondered if my alarm is set on while doing this action. Or is it when you lock the car and press the lock button again that the alarm is dissabled.. yes, yes I know RTFM.. but I am a lazy git.

Yes I know another one. Your dealer can set your car to open only the driverside door when you unlock your car. Or unlock all the doors + trunk when unlocking with your remote. I chose the last option because I find it anoying to push twice to get others in (like on a mercedes benz)
Pressing and holding the lock button will close the sun roof and the windows, then fold the mirrors. If you THEN press the lock button again the interior sensors of the alarm system are turned off. This is only if you press the lock button twice!

The drivers door only setting you can set yourself in idrive, that's not a dealer setting!

Quick Reply: Dealer configured automatic folding mirrors to