E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

A day in the life of a BMW owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 06:09 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A day in the life of a BMW owner:

The other day I was cruising along as usual coming onto one of my interstates, which was very busy with inferior cars.

First off, I couldn't believe that the volume of traffic DIDN'T slow down for me AT ALL as I came off the exit ramp! I had to squeeze into a barely big enough gap between two cars in order to get onto my motorway!

The driver of the car behind me did realize his mistake though and honked an apology to me with a long blast of his horn.

Unbelievably, I had to do the same again before I could get to the BMW lane.

Anyway, once I was in the BMW lane and posing along at 110 mph enjoying the adulation that the inferior car drivers were giving me, I noticed an inferior car ahead of me which was not only in the BMW lane of my motorway, but was driving at a ridiculous 70 mph!

Naturally, I got within a foot or so of his rear bumper and flashed my headlights to remind him he shouldn't be in the BMW lane of my motorway and to get out of my way.

Of course, once he realized it was a BMW behind him, he did just that, but I could hardly believe it when he pulled straight back out behind me!

He also tried to keep up with me and when he realized I would out-run him, he put on some blue lights in his front grill and urged me to get onto the hard shoulder so that he could congratulate me on my excellent car.

Needless to say, I was eager to oblige and when we had stopped, the man gave me a piece of paper confirming what I already knew - that my car goes fast!

Apparently he wants everyone to know what a superior car I have, so I had to take my driver's license to a police station to be sent away to have some points put on! (They're not free points either - they're $50 each and I was only allowed 3.) But the man at the police station said that because I drive a BMW, it won't be much longer before I earn the full 12 points, and then I won't even NEED a driving license, so they will take it off me!

See, now THAT'S the sort of respect you get when you own and drive a BMW!

Old 09-21-2010, 06:12 PM
Contributors

LOL...only allowed 3? That sounds like a challenge!!! Hope this ends well.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '07 530iSport PackageLuxury Packagemore to come

At first I thought OMG not another left lane complaining post. Ends up.... that's funny right there, I don't care who you are.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 M5 alpine white, black full leather, etc.

Sounds like the guy with the blue lights actually may have not known the brand you drive and disrepected you.
Since he was unfamiliar with the differences between BMWs and other makes, he did not remember the rule that speed limits are designed to keep their speeds down in the other lanes.
Did you also tell him he was in the wrong lane?
What public roadway did the incident occur on? Hopefully not the Thruway, where I have been led to believe, these fellows think they own the road. Next time, he might even offer to provide you with a room with meals included to make up for all the trouble he caused.
In the future, these bits of protocol might be helpful and might save you both considerable expense, time and stress.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Repost... But funny nonetheless.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:05 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Navy 550I

Old 09-22-2010, 08:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Tony, THIS is how you point out a repost!!

aretardedorange meet Tonymac...Tonymac meet aretardedorange!!

Damned Newbie!!
Attached Thumbnails A day in the life of a BMW owner-tonymac.jpg  
Old 09-22-2010, 09:48 AM
Contributors

This is why I drive the same make of car as most of the police in Bavaria

I bet that day I got 3 points for having too small a gap to the car in front of me it was probably a polizei driving an Audi. Incidentally, the gap was 35 metres - that's the length of seven BMW 5ers, but at 103mph apparently that's not enough :thumbsdown:
Old 09-22-2010, 10:26 AM
Members

Belt pkwy ? Blue lights ?
Old 09-22-2010, 02:46 PM
Members

My Ride: The UDM

Lol that is awesome

Quick Reply: A day in the life of a BMW owner