E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damn immovable objects, devastated owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 06:16 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stupid, stupid, STUPID. I always park my car in the same exact spot. A spot whicht no one else is allowed to park near me. I wash my car 2-3 times a week (the joy of jet blk) I wipe off brake dust almost daily. I pamper my car to the extreme.

This is why I'm devestated today. If I didn't love this car, If I didn't put so much time into keeping her pristine, It would'nt hurt so much I guess.

Well I decided to park my car in a different spot at work. Why, I have no idea. Sure enough as I'm backing her into place WHACK. Never saw the solid steel container, I sure should have seen it. It's only a 6X6 solid #%@$'ing hunk of steel sitting in plain view. Trunk lid has a nice 4" crease and a 1" ping on the uper part of the bumper.

I sounded like a truck driver with terrets for the next 15 min.

Every word in the book was used.
My wife looks at me like WHY would you park a 60K+ vehicle there?

Four hours later I see the finace mangr. from my BMW dealership and although he feels my pain says, next time get the PDC! Thanks .

I feel so #@*&'ing stupid today. I can't stand looking at my mistake. I need this fixed immediately! Thanks for listening.
Old 06-28-2004, 06:22 AM
Senior Members

I feel your pain.
Even with the PDC, I scraped my lower right bumper on a curb that was at an angle. I found out the lower par to the bumper is very flexible as it folded about 4 -5 inches and did not dent or break.

Just had it repaired. $125
Old 06-28-2004, 06:31 AM
Members

That sucks... feel your pain man!

I wouldn't put too much trust in PDCs as well, many of my friends have scraped their bumpers because they got lazy.

I usually open the door and look behind, best way to avoid any mishaps.

Your car will be fixed soon!

Cheers
Old 06-28-2004, 06:39 AM
Contributors

Sorry to here about your accident. Breaking rythem can really screw you sometimes. Hope it doesn't cost too much for repairs. Good luck in quick repair.
Old 06-28-2004, 06:47 AM
Senior Members

OOUCH!!! i feel your pain jtxc. i went through a smaller incident (car vandalized with emblem being stolen) and lost sleep for 3 days. really sorry to hear of this. that sux man.
from your description of the damage, i can assure you the repair done from a professional bodyshop will be flawless, but it will cost you $$$$.
i suggest to act immediately and get a few quotes from different places, not only for costs but see the place (do they service high end autos)? and feel their staff (are they detail and precise on the procedures to be done etc)?
what happen has happened, act now and try not to think of it too much. it could have been worse but don't do it again. painful lesson learned but invaluable experience gained. rollee
Old 06-28-2004, 07:11 AM
Senior Members

it's a car.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545i/6sp SilverGray/Beige

At least it wasn't your wife that did it.

My wife curbed my right front wheel over the weekend; a nice 1.5" rash on the very outer edge, near the tire. I wish it had been me, so that I wouldn't have to be irritated at her. It was bound to happen sooner or later; I was just hoping for later rather than sooner, and that it had been me that did it.

-MrB
Old 06-28-2004, 08:30 AM
sj3
Senior Members

MrB: Not sure if you saw, but it looks like Lomag may want to reach you. Check his pictures-wanted post over at Roadfly.

Sam

P.S. It's NOT just a car!!!! Let's put that one if the FAQ file... Is the E60 just a car? NO!
Old 06-28-2004, 09:47 AM
Members

Me too. My wife told me I had plenty of room between my car and our flower garden surrounded by rocks. Well, the rocks and the lower rocker panel did not agree. Now, I won't go near that garden and I park 100' away! A few days to fix it and it will look like new again. The part's not that expensive. Painting it is!
Old 06-28-2004, 10:10 AM
Members

That hurt just reading your post...did this happen out back behind your restaurant? I don't want to even stop by and see it...to painful...

Quick Reply: Damn immovable objects, devastated owner