E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Damm road debris

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 12:25 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Drove upto Duxford last weekend for Proms. Car in front of me kicked up lorry tyre debris which hit my front bumper on nearside. Deep scores on fns bumper corner and to the sill behind ns wheel. Anyone any idea of cost of front bumper respray and nearside sill respray at BMW bodyshop. Also the car is 2 years old and the insurance company want me to take it to non BM bodyshop. I dont trust smart repairs after bad experience. any comments. Any bodyshop recommendations for Maidstone Kent area.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:29 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kjhkent' post='630957' date='Jul 23 2008, 03:25 PM
Drove upto Duxford last weekend for Proms. Car in front of me kicked up lorry tyre debris which hit my front bumper on nearside. Deep scores on fns bumper corner and to the sill behind ns wheel. Anyone any idea of cost of front bumper respray and nearside sill respray at BMW bodyshop. Also the car is 2 years old and the insurance company want me to take it to non BM bodyshop. I dont trust smart repairs after bad experience. any commenst. Any bodyshop recommendations for Maidstone Kent area.
Let me rewrite this poor kid's post since he obviously suffered a horrible concussion prior to writing this....either that or he drives his car more than he attends English class in which case he will be serving us fries in a few years.

"I drove up to Duxford last weekend for Prom. The vehicle in front of me kicked up an unknown object which hit my bumper and caused damage. Do any of you have an idea what it would cost to repaint the front bumper? The car is 2 years old and my insurance company wants me to take it to a non-certified BMW body shop for repair. I do not trust these sort of shops after a bad expereince I had in the past. If you have any comments or suggestions I would be open to hearing them."

Thank you.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:24 PM
Members

? No sensible answer then.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Originally Posted by Howitzer' post='630963' date='Jul 23 2008, 03:29 PM
Let me rewrite this poor kid's post since he obviously suffered a horrible concussion prior to writing this....either that or he drives his car more than he attends English class in which case he will be serving us fries in a few years.

"I drove up to Duxford last weekend for Prom. The vehicle in front of me kicked up an unknown object which hit my bumper and caused damage. Do any of you have an idea what it would cost to repaint the front bumper? The car is 2 years old and my insurance company wants me to take it to a non-certified BMW body shop for repair. I do not trust these sort of shops after a bad expereince I had in the past. If you have any comments or suggestions I would be open to hearing them."

Thank you.
Thanks for that clarification e60 english board professor.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

im starting to think lately that some members prior to becoming members..lmao.. cant believe im typing this..lol. should take a literary test and a writing test before we make posts..

im just kidding, and maybe it was more derbis then he realized..lol. .. im guessing its the language barrier.. it ends up being spelled as it would be said in bad english. .lol.. just find it funny
Old 07-23-2008, 01:59 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04' 545i SMG , Oriental Blue, Congiac Leather Interior, Nav., Park Assist, Logic 7, Sports Pkg, Cross drilled slotted rotors, ceramic pads, SS Brake lines, free flow air filter and a supercharger (coming soon)etc.....all the good stuff

Originally Posted by Howitzer' post='630963' date='Jul 23 2008, 04:29 PM

Thank you.
I hope there isn't an application for the french fry dept. at McDonalds, otherwise you will be writting that too....lolo

Great job in translating.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:01 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04' 545i SMG , Oriental Blue, Congiac Leather Interior, Nav., Park Assist, Logic 7, Sports Pkg, Cross drilled slotted rotors, ceramic pads, SS Brake lines, free flow air filter and a supercharger (coming soon)etc.....all the good stuff

Originally Posted by melimel' post='631015' date='Jul 23 2008, 05:43 PM
im starting to think lately that some members prior to becoming members..lmao.. cant believe im typing this..lol. should take a literary test and a writing test before we make posts..

im just kidding, and maybe it was more derbis then he realized..lol. .. im guessing its the language barrier.. it ends up being spelled as it would be said in bad english. .lol.. just find it funny

He might have had the window open at the time....LMAO!!!!!
Old 07-23-2008, 02:37 PM
Contributors

Talking

Originally Posted by kjhkent' post='630957' date='Jul 23 2008, 04:25 PM
Any bodyshop recommendations for Maidstone Kent area.
Hey, kjhkent, may I suggest that you edit/rename your topic to something like, "Road Debris - Need Help from UK Members!" to catch their attention? I know we have quite a few fellow Englishmen, but they might overlook your OP.

Sorry this happened -- I know how frustrating it can be from personal experience, although not with my current car. GL!
Old 07-23-2008, 08:22 PM
Contributors

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Howitzer' post='630963' date='Jul 23 2008, 04:29 PM

Thank you.

Your application for employment [VP of Fries & Onion Rings] has been reviewed by our selection committee.

Your communication skills are superb; however in the sample work exercise you erroneously Super-Sized every customer order.

As a result we are unable to offer you the VP position you desire.
:thumbsdown:
Old 07-24-2008, 12:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY2004 530d. Poverty spec

Originally Posted by Howitzer' post='630963' date='Jul 23 2008, 09:29 PM

Thank you.
Lol - you're a victim of Muphry's law.

Quick Reply: Damm road debris