E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Customer service....

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 10:10 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 528i: Alpine White/Creme Dakota Leather/Bamboo Anthracite Wood Trim; Premium pkg, Ipod USB (6FL), Xenons, sunroof, Eibach pro-kit 1.2" drop all around, limo tint all around. LED license plate festoons. Soon to come: M6 replica 19" rims, Angel Eyes mod, fog light mod.
Unhappy

Members,
Is it just me or is BMW customer service falling very fast? Last yr my passenger airbag sensor when off and i took it in to Pacific BMW in Glendale, CA. Right off the bat they were rude and looked like they didn't give two sh!ts about me or my problem. I asked for a loaner and what do you know? That EXACT day Arin decides to go in theyr ALL out....hmm.....

Story continues..... they have my car for three days and when I go to pick it up the service man says to me, "you owe us 88dollars for diagnostics" long story short apparently there was nothing wrong with the sensors so they decided they're gonna charge me 88dollars for diagnostics. Man was I effin pissed. I spoke to the VERY stupid Service manager that didn't know sh!t about what he was doing just kept on repeating himself (idiot).....so I paid them went straight home and guess what...called BMW NA. Even though i didn't get my money back I did put in a great complain.

Now my problem is....im looking for a GOOD center to take my car in but ive checked 6 dealers within the vicinity and ALL of them have HORRIBLE ratings and comments. What should I do?
Old 04-03-2009, 10:19 AM
Senior Members

I have been to Century West (Century City) several times with my e39... had pretty good luck.

I bought the e60 from Center (Sherman Oaks). Have been in once since. The service was fine.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:21 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

wasn't too happy with center...been there 3 times..the last time I had my car there 2 days longer than needed...my regular SA was off, the SA that covered for him forgot to call me and let me know the part they needed was on back order ...I think I am going to take my e60 back to Valencia BMW (where I purchased it) for my next service appt....
Old 04-03-2009, 10:28 AM
Senior Members

From you sig i would imagine your car is still under warranty, why did you have to pay diagnose fee?? that's weird.
If you're in Glendale coming down to OC i'm not sure if you would want to do the drive, however I have had excellent sevice every time i've gone to Sterling BMW in Newport Bch.
I took my car in one time for the same issue as yours, Pass Seat Sensor, and they were really great. Good follow up from the SA, they keep you in the loop through out the day of any progress in your car (w/o you having to call), and most of the time they will hook you up with a loaner; not a BMW loaner but it's a car to get around town or to go to and from work. Prices are reasonable considering it's a dealership, but i don't mind paying little extra, if i'm receiving quality customer service.
i went once to Crevier, had a bad experience so i don't think i'll go back. If i need a dealer OEM part i will either go to Sterling or Garry from Newport (RI).

GL.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

I get treated well at Bob Smith BMW (great dealership but it's 15 miles away), and because of it I drive past Rusnak BMW (they suck, too bad as they are only 5 miles from my house). I would talk to the service manager about the $88.00 charge and see if he will waive it! Good Luck, and let us know how it turns out!
Old 04-03-2009, 01:14 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 VW Passat Wagon 2.0l Tsi Grey/Grey Budapest 18" Lost to HPFP issues: 08 535i sport pkg Lost to Dreaded E61 Sun roof leaks: 07 E61 530Xi

I was going to say your car is still under warranty... Why did you pay for "Diagnostics"

I had the dealer tell me that It was going to cost $175 to get the mold cleaned out of my AC, told them bill BMW USA , cause you are not getting a Dime out of my pocket... Bumper to Bumper, All service included except Tires...
Old 04-04-2009, 12:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

when i bought my car i was promised a new dvdplayer suround panel trim, nearly 9 months later i am still waiting for it, i complained to bmw uk about this and they have added my concerns and complaint to there national dealer audit database and have asked the dealer why it hasnt been sorted out, i am now awaitng a phone call from the sales manager at the dealership (sytner bmw), im wonering if i can get a pro nav upgraded out of them for the inconveince