E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Crunch Time

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 11:22 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: An 1994 Ashamed-Mobile Partially Loaded, Leather. Radioless, Heatless, Gas-needleless.

Hello All, The wife has finally returned from her trip. So now we're down to the wire. I've attached a photo of a top contender, which is the Amethyst Gray, Auburn Interior. I couldnt find photo's for the other contenders so I will describe them. Titanium Silver, Auburn Dakota Leather. Silver Gray Metallic w/ Auburn Int. Ti Gray w/Auburn. Monaco Blue w/ Gray.
My wife insist on nothing else but Auburn. So I guess she'll decorate the interior while I choose the exterior. So I'm picking my choices around her Auburn interior.

Packages will include; Sport Pkg. Premium Pkg. GPS/Nav(For the Wife), Rear Airbags (For the Kids), Heated Front Seats. BiXenons only if we opt for the 525.

I dont know if its allowed, but I will list prices later.

Could someone please tell me, Is this Auburn leather within the attached photo?
Also I noticed the headliner was what appeared to be white? Is it possible to have the headliner in another color?

http://www.e60.net/gallery/exterior/amethyst_gray/5.jpg

Thanks in Advance.
Attached Thumbnails Crunch Time-5.jpg  
Old 04-05-2006, 11:35 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Alpine White 550i, Auburn Int., AS, CA, SMG, Premium Sound, Sport Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Fold Down Rear Seats, HUD, Navi, SIRIUS, M Body Kit

Yes it is Auburn... As far as the headliner is concerned I think you can order it for an additional 500 bucks. The auburn interior is beautiful... I keep getting compliments from everyone who has sat in my car.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Titanium Silver/Black/Poplar: Steptronic, Sport, Cold Weather, Premium Sound, Comfort Seats, Sat Radio, NAV & Shades

JMHO....Auburn is beautiful and amazing. I would stay away from the Amethyst. I've seen it in person :thumbsdown:

Silver grey and auburn is beautiful!!
Old 04-05-2006, 12:17 PM
Members

Not sure how old you kids are, but I think the rear airbags have to be off if they are under a certain age (sorry to be vague). just a heads up.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:32 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 520d M-sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Auburn Leather - Mem Seat - Cup Holders - Nav Pro - Light Pack - Dim/folding mirrors - Adv Airco - PDC - Aux/in - Non-smoke pack - De-badged - Delivery Mar 31, 2006

Auburn is very nice, and with the antracite headliner, an excellent combination. Antracite headliner can be added as separate option and is also part of the M sport package; I add here
Attached Thumbnails Crunch Time-dsc09536_1.jpg  
Old 04-05-2006, 12:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Titanium Silver/Black/Poplar: Steptronic, Sport, Cold Weather, Premium Sound, Comfort Seats, Sat Radio, NAV & Shades

Anthracite headliner looks great with Auburn. I would definately go for that! I regret not getting it
Old 04-05-2006, 12:45 PM
Senior Members

Auburn with antracite headliner is great. I would have gotten that combo with the silver grey if I could still get the vented seats.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:32 PM
Members

My Ride: An 1994 Ashamed-Mobile Partially Loaded, Leather. Radioless, Heatless, Gas-needleless.

The Amethyst Gray setup in the photo above is pretty sweet. My wifes friend has Am Gray, with Gray Int. I love being original, But this setup really makes me think twice about Am Gray (only second after the Ti Silver)

After browsing through older post, I came across a link. BMW Individual to be exact. Maybe it's me but I don't think the photo I provided in my original post is Auburn, It appears to be part of the Individual set-up, which goes by the name of "Merino Leather Amarone". The link is provided. http://www.bmw.com/generic/com/en/products...ent/individual/

So what color will the headliner be if I opt not to get the "antracite"?
Is it possible for someone to post more photos showing the interior view?
I would like to see how well the colors mesh together.

The Kids are 2 and 11. I did not know the weight would affect curtain airbags? I guess it does make since, a curtain of air flying down from above at xxxMPH?

Thanks for the pics, Is that Carbon Fiber?!?!
Old 04-05-2006, 01:50 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Dickens' post='265113' date='Apr 5 2006, 08:22 PM
I've attached a photo of a top contender, which is the Amethyst Gray, Auburn Interior.
I'm really sorry to say it (and mean no offense)... but I completely HATE that colour.

Have the Auborn leather by all means, but please not Amethyst Gray.......
Old 04-05-2006, 02:02 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Dickens' post='265169' date='Apr 5 2006, 05:32 PM
So what color will the headliner be if I opt not to get the "antracite"?

The Kids are 2 and 11. I did not know the weight would affect curtain airbags? I guess it does make since, a curtain of air flying down from above at xxxMPH?
If you get the standard headliner with the auburn you'll have a light grey roof liner.

As for the kids... I woudn't do it with the 2y/o. The curtain isn't the issue. But the door air bag can be a problem if it goes off while someone is leaning on the door. My kids (the angles that they are) would never lean on my doors and fall asleep while I drive. But I still have my rear door airbags disabled for now.

Quick Reply: Crunch Time