E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Creeking Dashboard!!! WTF

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010 | 09:58 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528I Sport/Prem

Mine doesnt squeak at all....
Old 10-20-2010 | 10:56 AM
Senior Members

For the dashboard creek, open up your hood and retighten the strut bar bolts. That is the noise you are hearing when going over small bumps or imperfections. Had this problem and others as well. Worked everytime.

Edit: the bars are the ones going across the top. I believe the bolts are star shaped. Not hundred percent sure but you may have to remove the plastic pieces to get to the top bolts.
Old 10-20-2010 | 11:05 AM
jgt
Contributors

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2006
Engine: N52

Originally Posted by lilazngrl4o8
My car creaks. I've learned to turn a deaf ear. Mainly it's the A pillar, to parts of the door/seal, dash and the moonroof. Although I was able to pin point the moonroof creak to the wind deflector piece that was bouncing around and hitting the moonroof. It sounded like 2 bottles in the rear seat hitting each other.
I've learned to never turn off my music.
Old 10-20-2010 | 11:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545I and a half dozen other rides

I have to constantly use my active noise cancellation feature on my car.

You will find it on the left side of the steering wheel, when you want more cancellation you push the
'+' button, for less cancellation push the '-'.
Old 10-20-2010 | 02:38 PM
Senior Members

Fast clicking sound from the head-up display area here, and various squeaks behind the rear seats somewhere in the area of rear head airbags and rear speakers.

My 11 years old Mazda had zero of these issues.

BMW is overhyped. Let's be honest here. The interior has some pretty high quality materials compared to other automakers, but it's still crap as a whole.
Old 10-20-2010 | 02:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545I and a half dozen other rides

Originally Posted by kreveta
The interior has some pretty high quality materials compared to other automakers, but it's still crap as a whole.

Sorry i do not see the "high quality materials"

Maybe if you are comparing it to a Hyundai from the 80s vintage, my Mercedes does not have peeling interior paint pieces or cracks in the wood trim.
Old 10-20-2010 | 02:55 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by aresh
For the dashboard creek, open up your hood and retighten the strut bar bolts. That is the noise you are hearing when going over small bumps or imperfections. Had this problem and others as well. Worked everytime.

Edit: the bars are the ones going across the top. I believe the bolts are star shaped. Not hundred percent sure but you may have to remove the plastic pieces to get to the top bolts.
I recommend to try this as well

My friend's 6series was getting creak sounds from the dashboard and near idrive screen. I had read a few days back about the strut bolts. Told him to tighten them and since then ......... NO SOUND
Old 10-20-2010 | 03:03 PM
Members

My Ride: 04 545i Jet Blk, Blk Int, SMG, Sport, Nav, Prem, CW Pack, L7, PDC

Originally Posted by Bteljuice
I recommend to try this as well

My friend's 6series was getting creak sounds from the dashboard and near idrive screen. I had read a few days back about the strut bolts. Told him to tighten them and since then ......... NO SOUND
Must try!

BMW interior has a long way to go. Though I'm not a fan of Audi overall (had one and it was the biggest POS I've ever owned), the interior is pretty kick ass!
Old 10-27-2010 | 03:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 W211
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by lilazngrl4o8
My car creaks. I've learned to turn a deaf ear. Mainly it's the A pillar, to parts of the door/seal, dash and the moonroof. Although I was able to pin point the moonroof creak to the wind deflector piece that was bouncing around and hitting the moonroof. It sounded like 2 bottles in the rear seat hitting each other.
i get the same sound. its so annoying. i was thinking about adding tape weights onto it or something :/
Old 10-27-2010 | 04:25 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jgt
All sorts of things creak in my E60.
Seats, something on the rear deck, the dash on occasion. Not to mention the trim paint peeling, door window console peeling, etc. Considered normal wear and tear...
BMW interiors are seriously lacking compared to the competition... :thumbsdown:
Maybe they need a lesson on how to make a seriously quiet cabin from Lexus...
My E60 does NOT rattle at all. My Lexus ES350 on the other hand had very annoying rattles the dealership "sound dampened" but seriously....have your driven the 3rd gen GS? It rattles like crazy!

Quick Reply: Creeking Dashboard!!! WTF