E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Creaking doors back!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 01:27 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

The creaking from my doors returned a couple of weeks ago. Finally hit a slow enough period at work to bring it in so I stopped by today just to make the appointment. My regular SA was not in so I spoke to someone else and when I told him the problem he said to come back in about a month, BMW is no longer doing the carbaflo fix and new seals will be available then. He said BMW finally got tired of paying for all these temporary fixes so they are finally replacing the seals. We'll see if they are any better...

PS, also finally got my wood shift knob and brake handle, look great! Also got the wood trim for center dash, but I'll let them handle that one when they do the seals.
Old 03-26-2005, 01:56 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530i, Silver Grey, Black Dakota, Steptronic, Premium, PDC, Logic7

How long to they think it will take them to install the center wood trim piece (how many hours labor will they charge you)?
Old 03-26-2005, 02:22 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DXXXi' date='Mar 26 2005, 04:56 PM
How long to they think it will take them to install the center wood trim piece (how many hours labor will they charge you)?
[snapback]107088[/snapback]
Good question, one that I failed to ask! there is a description w/ pictures in the DIY section, but I'm not that energetic or brave. I would assume only 1 hour, 2 max.
Old 03-27-2005, 05:51 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Eccelsa, 05 2005 (built 12-04), sapphireblack, beige dakota leather, electric seats, poplar wood trim, sport suspension, 124 style 18" alloys, differentiated f/r runflat tyres, steptronic, adaptive light control, bi-xenon, BMW PRO nav, cd, cd changer, electric-foldable and automatic antidazzle rear mirrors, automatic antidazzle internal rear mirror, adjustable central armrest, BT, Hifi Professional LOGIC7 , extended functions aircon, full lighting package, green comfort fascia on windshield, PDC park distance control, voice control, CPT9000 car phone, BMW Assist, BMW On-line, BMW Tracking, alarm system, programmable remote controls.

Hi kscarrol, you must insist to have your doors seals changed. Carbaflo is not a solution (and btw, it never worked with me); here in Europe a new set of seals is available since February and is installed on any car with the problem. Strange enough, not all the 5 have this problem: I used two different 2004 cars (a very early 530d and a late year 535d Touring) and they didn't have any groaning door.
That's strange for me, an explanation could be that BMW is using different suppliers for this item and only one among them is manufacturing "noisy" seals.

I'd like to learn more about the matter. Anybody with a deep knowledge of the most secretive BMW matters can help to make things clearer?
Old 03-27-2005, 06:28 AM
Members

My Ride: 530i auto, sat nat, 6cd, advanced air con, bt, beige leather, dark poplar, mystic blue, 128 9j/8j, runflats, adaptive hd lts, xenon+wash

Originally Posted by kscarrol' date='Mar 26 2005, 11:27 PM
The creaking from my doors returned a couple of weeks ago.? Finally hit a slow enough period at work to bring it in so I stopped by today just to make the appointment.? My regular SA was not in so I spoke to someone else and when I told him the problem he said to come back in about a month, BMW is no longer doing the carbaflo fix and new seals will be available then.? He said BMW finally got tired of paying for all these temporary fixes so they are finally replacing the seals.? We'll see if they are any better...

PS, also finally got my wood shift knob and brake handle, look great!? Also got the wood trim for center dash, but I'll let them handle that one when they do the seals.
[snapback]107081[/snapback]
hi kscarrol

just try talcum powder - rub it thoroughly over the rubber seals. Had the same problem on my E39 it seems to be caused by a combination of temperature and humidity but the talc fixed it ---- if it is the wife Channel it even smels nice!!!! but dont get it on your collar though.
Old 03-27-2005, 06:56 AM
Contributors

Lucky, thx but that's my point, BMW (at least my dealer!) says it will no longer do the temporary fix with carboflo and that BMW is coming out with new seals that will solve the problem permanently. The SA indicated it was a BMWNA or AG decision to stop wasting money on the carboflo fix and to start replacng the seal. He said the new seals would be in next month.

Skydiver, I will try the talc as a temporary fix until I get the new seals...
Old 03-27-2005, 11:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Lucky' date='Mar 27 2005, 06:51 AM
That's strange for me, an explanation could be that BMW is using different suppliers for this item and only one among them is manufacturing "noisy" seals.

I'd like to learn more about the matter. Anybody with a deep knowledge of the most secretive BMW matters can help to make things clearer?
[snapback]107329[/snapback]
Thats an interesting thought... I wonder if that can be it.
Old 03-27-2005, 12:32 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 535d sport saloon M57 Titanium silver nav-pro, bluetooth, media pack, de-chromed, eletric sun roof, auto dim int, folding ext mirrors, auto dim int mirror, sport seats, alum cube interior trim, headlamp washers, bi Xenon, M-sport suspention, M steering wheel, M Aerodynamic bodystyling, M styling wheels, Black leather, Anthacite heading

the new ceals sounds like good news, mine have just started to get on my nerves. gave a friend a lift the over day and he said whats that noise, theres me showing of me new ride with that bloody creaking noise. still he crapped him self when I put me foot down. which made me fill much better.
Old 03-27-2005, 01:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by johno535' date='Mar 27 2005, 04:32 PM
the new ceals sounds like good news, mine have just started to get on my nerves.? gave a friend a lift the over day and he said whats that noise, theres me showing of me new ride with that bloody creaking noise.? still he crapped him self when I put me foot down. which made me fill much better.
[snapback]107470[/snapback]
I can't believe I'm buying a another E60 and its going to fcuking creak like my current car. Its like I said to the sales manager at my dealer when the new E60 came out. BMW have got you by the bollo*cks when it comes to 5er, because whatever else you buy it will just be pants! Sorry just needed to vent some pre-delivery anger
Old 03-27-2005, 02:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' date='Mar 27 2005, 02:01 PM
I can't believe I'm buying a another E60 and its going to fcuking creak like my current car.
[snapback]107487[/snapback]
No no how do you know that... not ALL of them have it remember... maybe your new one wont... its like gambling... Hahahah Good luck to you tho.

Quick Reply: Creaking doors back!