E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Crazy Mail Stealer Hourly Rates in UK

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 10:20 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 530d M-Sport

I just popped into my mainl stealer today to get the print out of the optional extras fitted to my car and to enquire about the pulsating cruise control problem I have.

They quoted ?96 + vat per hour

They also said they would charge ?45 + vat to reset my check control to tell it my rear pads were already replaced.......ffs are they stupid, now im gonna definately invest in an OBDII lead and software if thats the game they wanna play.

Seems crazy these prices, im sure the last time I took my E46 for a main stealer job it was only ?56 + vat per hour ? not that long ago either ?

This is in the UK btw.........
Old 12-24-2008, 10:38 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Phantom Mark' post='752189' date='Dec 24 2008, 02:20 PM
I just popped into my mainl stealer today to get the print out of the optional extras fitted to my car and to enquire about the pulsating cruise control problem I have.

They also said they would charge ?45 + vat to reset my check control to tell it my rear pads were already replaced.......ffs are they stupid, now im gonna definately invest in an OBDII lead and software if thats the game they wanna play.

Seems crazy these prices, im sure the last time I took my E46 for a main stealer job it was only ?56 + vat per hour ? not that long ago either ?

Are you saying they wanted to charge you to print out a piece of paper? My SA gave me a print out of my cars build information as a courtesy... and they faxed it to me!!!

Is there anything such as customer service in Britain?
Old 12-24-2008, 10:54 AM
Senior Members

I got my print out free - they would not fax or email which is a pain because I live 25 miles from them, you can ring a premium rate phone number for this service via phone where they tell you on the phone but this was absolutely useless tbh.........

The same dealer 5 years ago used to be really good, for example I enquired on how much a plastic rub strip clip would cost, the parts man came out with one and fitted it FOC.....without any prompts, thats service, sadly since they moved into new bigger premises they turned into a real bunch of stealing biaches IMHO.

I am correct in assuming it would take about 5 mins tops to reset my check control rear pad warning - yes ? longer to lift the bonnet and connect the lead etc than to actually reset it ?
Old 12-24-2008, 11:08 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Phantom Mark' post='752203' date='Dec 24 2008, 02:54 PM
I got my print out free - they would not fax or email which is a pain because I live 25 miles from them, you can ring a premium rate phone number for this service via phone where they tell you on the phone but this was absolutely useless tbh.........

The same dealer 5 years ago used to be really good, for example I enquired on how much a plastic rub strip clip would cost, the parts man came out with one and fitted it FOC.....without any prompts, thats service, sadly since they moved into new bigger premises they turned into a real bunch of stealing biaches IMHO.

I am correct in assuming it would take about 5 mins tops to reset my check control rear pad warning - yes ? longer to lift the bonnet and connect the lead etc than to actually reset it ?
Can you reset the brakes message through idrive?
Old 12-24-2008, 11:18 AM
Senior Members

Not that I know of, but im hardly an expert on the E60
Old 12-24-2008, 11:53 AM
Members

Originally Posted by mhs525' post='752214' date='Dec 24 2008, 07:08 PM
Can you reset the brakes message through idrive?

I reset mine using information I found on this site. I'll look for the thread.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:36 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Phantom Mark' post='752223' date='Dec 24 2008, 03:18 PM
Not that I know of, but im hardly an expert on the E60
I think you can reset service indicators in the idrive. It's in the "car settings" area... Instead of moving the knob left or right etc, push straight down, this leads to basic car and service settings.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:43 PM
Members

Originally Posted by mhs525' post='752260' date='Dec 24 2008, 07:36 PM
I think you can reset service indicators in the idrive. It's in the "car settings" area... Instead of moving the knob left or right etc, push straight down, this leads to basic car and service settings.
This should be what you need:

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...indicator+reset
Old 12-24-2008, 01:41 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Phantom Mark' post='752189' date='Dec 24 2008, 11:20 AM

RE: the options list, try a request in this thread:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showt...d.php?t=1016931

I got a response from one of the people there (BMW Performance) listing my 550i factory options based on my VIN. No charge, just nice guys.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:07 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by carfucious' post='752264' date='Dec 24 2008, 09:43 PM
Cheers buddy, will try that one ASAP.

I got my options list print, It was more a moan about stealer hourly rates and surprise they would charge for a simple warning light reset ( half an hours labour to be precise )

Thanks again, still gonna invest in the OBDII lead and software I think..........

Quick Reply: Crazy Mail Stealer Hourly Rates in UK