E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Crashed :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 11:06 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i - Sport Package, Sport Transmission, Active Steering, Navigation, Comfort Access, 7 Logic Stereo

Glad you're okay and glad the damage isn't too bad. Plenty of time to think about repair options
Old 03-24-2012, 02:07 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Alpine White Premium package, Sport package, Nav, HUD, PDC

Glad nobody was injured. I hope the repair process goes smoothly.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:02 AM
Members

My Ride: F07 GT 535D M Sport & E60 530D M Sport

(I have a few questions if anybody can be of assistance. I am 100% not to blame, the insurance companies came and took photos. I made sure they took photos of the skid marks proving from where he started sliding. My front bumper is destoyed, but my carbon lip which is silicon glued to the bumper is fine. This piece cost me around $1000 and now I can not remove it from the car. I loved this piece because it was unique, nobody else has it in Cyprus and I have only ever seen it once online on an E60 on a different forum. I could get the Mtech fron bumper now but then I will be the same as everyone else.)

Well, that sucks. I know what its like to drive out there as i was in the forces based there for 3 years. And i rode a motorbike as well as having a XR2i ford fiesta..............

As for the Carbon Lip, if they are glued on with silicon have a go with a heat gun, that should warm up the glue so you should be able to pull them off. BUT, i can get hold of a product that will disolve the glue, it works as i recently used this to remove the rear spoiler from the boot of my car. It desolved the glue so that it can be removed leaving no glue resedue on the paint.

I will get you the company details and an email address as i am sure they will post a couple of tins over to you
Old 03-24-2012, 08:02 AM
Members

My Ride: F07 GT 535D M Sport & E60 530D M Sport

(I have a few questions if anybody can be of assistance. I am 100% not to blame, the insurance companies came and took photos. I made sure they took photos of the skid marks proving from where he started sliding. My front bumper is destoyed, but my carbon lip which is silicon glued to the bumper is fine. This piece cost me around $1000 and now I can not remove it from the car. I loved this piece because it was unique, nobody else has it in Cyprus and I have only ever seen it once online on an E60 on a different forum. I could get the Mtech fron bumper now but then I will be the same as everyone else.)

Well, that sucks. I know what its like to drive out there as i was in the forces based there for 3 years. And i rode a motorbike as well as having a XR2i ford fiesta..............

As for the Carbon Lip, if they are glued on with silicon have a go with a heat gun, that should warm up the glue so you should be able to pull them off. BUT, i can get hold of a product that will disolve the glue, it works as i recently used this to remove the rear spoiler from the boot of my car. It desolved the glue so that it can be removed leaving no glue resedue on the paint.

I will get you the company details and an email address as i am sure they will post a couple of tins over to you
Old 03-26-2012, 12:28 AM
Contributors

Thanks for all the wishes guys.

Going to see the car in the afternoon, the assessors will come and check out the damage.

I believe I will need a new hood, so hope to replace that with a Seibon carbon fibre one.

I will replace the front bumper and lip with an OEM MTech front bumper and CF lip, maybe a Hamann one.

I will also try to get MTech side skirts and a rear bumper.

@ragtop steve, what years where you based out here?
Old 03-26-2012, 05:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

I love how when we as members of this forum immediately find the "Silver Lining" of the accident and realize that we can now Mod our cars while repairing it! Glad you are uninjured and I hope it all gets sorted out quickly!
Old 03-26-2012, 05:35 AM
Contributors

I am still waiting for a call from the garage after the assessor visits, was meant to be there an hour ago but still hasn't come yet!

Got a quote for the parts that are damaged, 5000 EUR without the damage behind the bumper being assessed. I need the assessor to value everything so I can work out my next step.

I have my shopping list primed!
Old 03-26-2012, 07:21 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Navy 550I

cars don't go to hospitals so hang in thurr!!
Old 06-15-2012, 05:29 AM
Contributors

Sorry for the delay in finishing off this topic.

Got my car back after almost 2 months, I wish I had used a different garage. Too much bullshit to write down.

Long story short, I got my car back after a few delays, without the lip, but got the cash instead.

I have lost a lot of love for the car, it just doesn't feel the same anymore.

I don't think I will do any more mods to it and may look to sell it in the near future.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:08 AM
Members

Man that is a shame, sorry to hear that the shop seeped your love out of the car. Keep your head up