E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Crackling in Passenger Door?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 05:13 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone ever experienced this while accelerating and stopping?

Best regards,
Richard
Old 07-08-2007, 05:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by monacobmw' post='444988' date='Jul 8 2007, 08:13 PM

Best regards,
Richard
Sounds like the infamous door seal creaking issue to me. I have the new seals and they still creak/crackle when ever the body of the car flexes, whether under aceleration or over bumps in the road, IF wax is present on the door frame. Have you had the car waxed/detailed recently? After getting the new seals the problem went away for me until I recently had the car detailed and the guy was not careful with the wax, getting it on the part of the door frame where it makes conrtact with the seals. Try using a soft cloth and a mild detergent to clean the seals and the metal door frame where it contacts the seals. This solved it for me.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:25 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kscarrol' post='444992' date='Jul 8 2007, 09:44 PM
Sounds like the infamous door seal creaking issue to me. I have the new seals and they still creak/crackle when ever the body of the car flexes, whether under aceleration or over bumps in the road, IF wax is present on the door frame. Have you had the car waxed/detailed recently? After getting the new seals the problem went away for me until I recently had the car detailed and the guy was not careful with the wax, getting it on the part of the door frame where it makes conrtact with the seals. Try using a soft cloth and a mild detergent to clean the seals and the metal door frame where it contacts the seals. This solved it for me.
Thanks for the information.
I have never used wax on the car. I always hand wash it with light detergent cleaner. I will take a look at the seals and contacts to see what is up. The crackling seems like it is coming from inside the door, but I am sure that this may be a sound transfer issue if the connections are bad.

Best regards,
Old 07-09-2007, 06:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by monacobmw' post='445148' date='Jul 9 2007, 07:25 AM
Thanks for the information.
I have never used wax on the car. I always hand wash it with light detergent cleaner. I will take a look at the seals and contacts to see what is up. The crackling seems like it is coming from inside the door, but I am sure that this may be a sound transfer issue if the connections are bad.

Best regards,
1000 miles on a new car and I can hear it again.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:25 AM
Senior Members

For me its the door Jam sill the plastic part that says BMW on the bottom. When the weather gets hot it drys up and it constantly squeaks. My SA told me they use a lubricant that softens the material so its more pliable and flexes easier .
Old 07-10-2007, 11:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Originally Posted by monacobmw' post='444988' date='Jul 8 2007, 08:13 PM

Best regards,
Richard
My little guy shoved 2 pennies down the rear passenger window and thats what caused mine.

Cheers
Old 07-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Contributors

Unhappy

Hey, I have the same cracking cabin sound, but its both the driver and pass doors that make the noise. I'm going in for routine oil/checkup next week, we'll see what they do about it.

Actually, I have a short list of things that need attn, that seems to be getting longer with each day that passes:

Cracking cabin sounds, the left side of the wood grain popped off of the dash, the seal in the truck that runs along the bottom of the rear window wont stay on, my ac makes a whistling noise and takes too long to come out cold, when the air does come out it has a burnt smell... I could go on, I guess its not that short!

This after only 34k miles...kind of embarassing when I have passengers, explaining all of its issues ...I hope they can remedy all of these complaints b/c I love the car otherwise!!

Regards, Bill
Old 07-10-2007, 05:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 525i Titanium Silver Metalic and 2003 325xi Jet Black with the Premium Package in both cars.

I have the same creaking sound and the seals have been change twice to no avail, still creaks. I've given up have learn to live with it. I just play the radio, CD or my Ipod louder.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:57 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2009 550i sports, Nav, logic Best E60 yet 2004 545i, sports pkg, logic 7 steptronic, rear shade,orient blue with beige interior, blue tooth enabled Razer Phone. 2004 X5 3.0, sports pkg, stepronic, summer pkg. imola red. 2006 Mini Cooper S, manual, sports, prem pkg, nav and kitchen sink.

Originally Posted by BillMcC' post='445818' date='Jul 10 2007, 04:20 PM
Hey, I have the same cracking cabin sound, but its both the driver and pass doors that make the noise. I'm going in for routine oil/checkup next week, we'll see what they do about it.

Actually, I have a short list of things that need attn, that seems to be getting longer with each day that passes:

Cracking cabin sounds, the left side of the wood grain popped off of the dash, the seal in the truck that runs along the bottom of the rear window wont stay on, my ac makes a whistling noise and takes too long to come out cold, when the air does come out it has a burnt smell... I could go on, I guess its not that short!

This after only 34k miles...kind of embarassing when I have passengers, explaining all of its issues ...I hope they can remedy all of these complaints b/c I love the car otherwise!!

Regards, Bill
What model, car and year are you driving?
Old 07-10-2007, 06:02 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2009 550i sports, Nav, logic Best E60 yet 2004 545i, sports pkg, logic 7 steptronic, rear shade,orient blue with beige interior, blue tooth enabled Razer Phone. 2004 X5 3.0, sports pkg, stepronic, summer pkg. imola red. 2006 Mini Cooper S, manual, sports, prem pkg, nav and kitchen sink.

Originally Posted by Mr 5er' post='445950' date='Jul 10 2007, 09:42 PM
I have the same creaking sound and the seals have been change twice to no avail, still creaks. I've given up have learn to live with it. I just play the radio, CD or my Ipod louder.
I have the same issues with creeking seals; I also have an issue with the shades, but only when the road is a little bumpy. I'm living with the noise, but I don't think its right. I also know that a lexas is a quite as a mouse, these guys could do just a little bit better for a $60+ grand car.

Quick Reply: Crackling in Passenger Door?