E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

CPO warranty ending! need advice.

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 04:13 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 530I

So i purchased my e60 back in may 2011 with 42000KM, and the warranty ends on the first week of december this year. So far i have drove 10 000kms and no big problems. The things i have started to notice is that my car is starting to shake (vibrates on and off) everytime the car is on and on park, aslo when im at a red light.. i dont think these cars should be doing this and another thing is when i put the car on park after a drive ive noticed a 2 to 3 seconde ticking noise from the front(im not sure if its the radiator its hard to discribe is like a metal ticking noise and lastest only 3 secs). Also i noticed my oil level has dropped from 5 bars to 2 bars is that normal? When i bought the car the dealer told me i should change the oil once a year or every 24000km..correct me if im wrong but i find that hard to believe and also i have a heavy foot on the highway..and im planing to keep this car for a long time. The service guy told me when my warranty period comes near end i should bring it in for that 50 point inspection(about $200+ i believe) could someone tell me what i should tell them to check or if i should add anything aslo let know how often do you guys change youre oil and if i should buy extended warranty wich i believe i cant buy from bmw since its a preowned.
Guys let me know asap i already made my appointment for next week so let me know what i should tell them exactly.
thx..one love E60 family.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by REALIST-E60
So i purchased my e60 back in may 2011 with 42000KM, and the warranty ends on the first week of December this year. So far i have drove 10 000kms and no big problems. The things i have started to notice is that my car is starting to shake (vibrates on and off) every time the car is on and on park, also when I'm at a red light.. i don't think these cars should be doing this and another thing is when i put the car on park after a drive Ive noticed a 2 to 3 second ticking noise from the front(I'm not sure if its the radiator its hard to describe is like a metal ticking noise and lasts only 3 secs). Also i noticed my oil level has dropped from 5 bars to 2 bars is that normal? When i bought the car the dealer told me i should change the oil once a year or every 24000km..correct me if I'm wrong but i find that hard to believe and also i have a heavy foot on the highway..and I'm planing to keep this car for a long time. The service guy told me when my warranty period comes near end i should bring it in for that 50 point inspection(about $200+ i believe) could someone tell me what i should tell them to check or if i should add anything also let know how often do you guys change you're oil and if i should buy extended warranty which i believe i cant buy from BMW since its a preowned.
Guys let me know asap i already made my appointment for next week so let me know what i should tell them exactly.
thx..one love E60 family.
Whatever you decide, if you are getting another warranty for the car make sure the previous warranty HAS NOT expired or they charge you MUCH more for the new warranty! I do have a guy here in the states who sells Mercury warranties which are superior to BMW warranties and less expensive too! If they sell them in Canada, I would strongly suggest a call! PM me if you are interested!
Old 11-02-2011, 07:25 AM
Rez
Members

My Ride: 2021 BMW 540i XDrive Bluestone Metallic on Ivory White Napa Leather. Packages: Executive, M Sport, Parking Assistance, Luxury Seating, Shadowline. Options: M Sport Brakes with Blue Calipers, Body Color Rocker Panel Blades and Spoiler, Heated Steering
Model Year: 2021

I have about 11 months left on my '08 535i factory warranty, and think I should also start shopping for an extended warranty. I would appreciate if you could send me the info also, please.

On the same note, Costco offers an extended warranty as well. Does anyone know which company they partnered with?