E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couldn't Get Unleaded Unleaded Today at My

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 11:26 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Hi Friends:

I went to gas up today, and a sign saying "sorry no unleaded today" was taped to each set of premium, middle, and low grade pumps--specifically on the low-grade pump. I asked the attendant if the station really was out of all unleaded. I was told "no, just unleaded unleaded." The attendant went on to tell me that they have plenty of premium grade and middle grade. I said, but those grades are unleaded too. She said "no only the unleaded unleaded is unleaded." I said, "Oh, OK thanks," added my premium, and went off wondering how the station's gas sales are going today. They don't even carry diesel.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:09 PM
Members

My Ride: 130i, 265 HP, just serious extras

Thats weird. Are you sure that was a gas station?

Old 01-09-2006, 12:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by Znod' post='221633' date='Jan 9 2006, 03:26 PM
Hi Friends:

I went to gas up today, and a sign saying "sorry no unleaded today" was taped to each set of premium, middle, and low grade pumps--specifically on the low-grade pump. I asked the attendant if the station really was out of all unleaded. I was told "no, just unleaded unleaded." The attendant went on to tell me that they have plenty of premium grade and middle grade. I said, but those grades are unleaded too. She said "no only the unleaded unleaded is unleaded." I said, "Oh, OK thanks," added my premium, and went off wondering how the station's gas sales are going today. They don't even carry diesel.

Idiots. Leaded fuel has probably been unavailable since before she was born...
Old 01-09-2006, 12:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545iS 6 spd, bought new via eBay, 11/05; Blk/Gry, Cold, L7, PDC, BMW Rear seatcover for pets. First "Bumwa" was a new 1971 2002. High performance 5s since 1987. Beamer motorcycles too, currently on an 07 BMW K1200 GT; also a Moto Guzzi 1000 SP III.

She had lead and didn't know it: between her ears.

Get the lead out, sweetie.

Ray Hull
Old 01-09-2006, 12:27 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Znod' post='221633' date='Jan 9 2006, 12:26 PM
Hi Friends:

Is this still your favorite gas station?
Old 01-09-2006, 12:36 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550I,manufactured 2-27-08,delivered 4-2-08.Platinum bronze,natural brown interior,light poplar trim,cold weather package,heated rear seats,HD radio

Hi Friends:

Maybe you should be concerned about using that "leaded"premium.It may adversly affect your performance numbers.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

That's so funny...

unleaded unleaded... ROFLMAO
Old 01-09-2006, 04:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='221697
Hi Friends:

Maybe you should be concerned about using that "leaded"premium.It may adversly affect your performance numbers.
Do you mean the leaded premium unleaded? I think its OK.

Originally Posted by ipse dixit' post='221672
Hi Friends:

Is this still your favorite gas station?
[/quote]
Yes, it's really nice, but it's main benefit is that it is the closest to me.

Originally Posted by Ray Hull' post='221668
Hi Friends:

Idiots. Leaded fuel has probably been unavailable since before she was born...
I am positive that you are right. It was very funny, but I am sure that I have said things just as strange.
Old 01-09-2006, 04:03 PM
Senior Members

The attendant went on to tell me that they have plenty of premium grade and middle grade. I said, but those grades are unleaded too. She said "no only the unleaded unleaded is unleaded."

ROFLMAO... thanks that made my day.

She must have spent the day walking up from Nogales in the hot sun.
Old 01-09-2006, 04:05 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by dude_in_germany' post='221657
The attendant went on to tell me that they have plenty of premium grade and middle grade. I said, but those grades are unleaded too. She said "no only the unleaded unleaded is unleaded."

ROFLMAO... thanks that made my day.

She must have spent the day walking up from Nogales in the hot sun.
Maybe she was jet lagging rather than me--or just having a really strange day.

Quick Reply: Couldn't Get Unleaded Unleaded Today at My