E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Continental Extreme Contacts DWS

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 04:09 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

I currently have Michelin Pilot Sport AS and have been very pleased with them, except for the price. I just purchased a set of staggered Continental?s extreme contact DWS figuring I would give them a try. And at an end cost of 445.00 for all four (245.40.18 & 275.35.18) I figured what the heck, why not? Anyone running these on their car, do you lijke them & are there any complaints?
Old 12-15-2011, 04:57 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 E60 545i Manual, Sport, L7
Model Year: 2005

Are they used? I payed $900 just for tires two months ago. I never had michelin AS and I can not compare them but I think there will be not big deference in performance, handling and wear
Old 12-15-2011, 05:03 AM
Members

Originally Posted by tonyb635
I currently have Michelin Pilot Sport AS and have been very pleased with them, except for the price. I just purchased a set of staggered Continental?s extreme contact DWS figuring I would give them a try. And at an end cost of 445.00 for all four (245.40.18 & 275.35.18) I figured what the heck, why not? Anyone running these on their car, do you lijke them & are there any complaints?

where did you purchase? will be buying a set of these [4] in 225/50/17. $556.00 over on tirerack, but not in stock yet from the closest warehouse + shipping and tax.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes
Old 12-15-2011, 05:59 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N62

i've had the DWS mounted on my 19" 172's since March, and they are much better than the OEM conti sport contacts. The only comparable tire in the same class is the Michelin Pilot Sport AS as you already have, though the DWS is much cheaper. I've driven on the Michelin PS AS in 17" flavor and they rode very well, but hard to compare since I have 19". I think you will be please with them and have no regrets. Only thing I don't like about them is the ugly tread design which hardly look sporty, but they sure as hell drive nicely. I see a lot of people in my company parking lot putting on DWS on their car, and just had them put on my dad's Q7 as well.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:54 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Originally Posted by Margal
Are they used? I payed $900 just for tires two months ago. I never had michelin AS and I can not compare them but I think there will be not big deference in performance, handling and wear

Originally Posted by BMW535xia
where did you purchase? will be buying a set of these [4] in 225/50/17. $556.00 over on tirerack, but not in stock yet from the closest warehouse + shipping and tax.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes
They are brand new and I got them from a colleague at work that manages several tire and wheel manufactures to us. He is actually retired from Continental and gets a 1/2 price discount for X number of sets a year.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:44 AM
Members

They are brand new and I got them from a colleague at work that manages several tire and wheel manufactures to us. He is actually retired from Continental and gets a 1/2 price discount for X number of sets a year.

nice hookup ... thanks. checked the tirerack website and these tires are on back order [again]. although i'm a real fan of michelins, i took a look at some new pilot sports A/S mounted on some new rims for an infiniti, and really don't like the looks of them especially the sidewalls along with tread [not so bad].
Old 12-15-2011, 08:56 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Black on Black on Black

I've got them on mine, in the 19in profile. They grip well, and they have an awesome treadwear rating. My front tires have shown minimal signs of wear since I put them on 8 months ago. The rear tires, however, have worn down to the "D" wear indicator, but that's probably just because I drive it like I stole it.

In my opinion, they grip nearly as well as the BF Goodrich KDWs (my favorite tires yet), and corner just as well.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:56 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 07 530i Mystic Blue

This is good to know. I'm considering these as my next set eventhough I don't need it for the snow, but because of the treadwear rating and price.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:22 AM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

I have them in 245/35/20 and 275/30/20. I like them. They're very quiet. While I only have 6000 miles on them, they still look brand new.I'm not a totally aggressive driver, but to me they handle higher speeds on curvy on and off ramps very well. You may see people saying that they "tramline" or follow the grooves when on the freeway. Mine did that at first, but when they're broken in they're perfect. As another poster mentioned, the tread pattern isn't sporty looking, but if you can live with that, you're golden. After all, it's that tread pattern that contribute to its quiet ride and great handling.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:14 PM
Members

Originally Posted by balbs
I have them in 245/35/20 and 275/30/20. I like them. They're very quiet. While I only have 6000 miles on them, they still look brand new.I'm not a totally aggressive driver, but to me they handle higher speeds on curvy on and off ramps very well. You may see people saying that they "tramline" or follow the grooves when on the freeway. Mine did that at first, but when they're broken in they're perfect. As another poster mentioned, the tread pattern isn't sporty looking, but if you can live with that, you're golden. After all, it's that tread pattern that contribute to its quiet ride and great handling.
I have them on my e46 m3 and like them a lot. Very quiet ride and they grip in dry and wet roads very well. Rears are close to wear bars at only 14k miles though which is a little disappointing.

Quick Reply: Continental Extreme Contacts DWS