E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Continental Extreme Contact vs Yokohama ENvigor

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 09:38 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i Sport 6 speed Manual

i just had installed this morning yoko envigor on the rear, 275-35-18. they drive nicely going down the street, haven't had them in the mountain twisties yet, but i will when i go home from work. i'll let you know how they do. the ONLY reason i chose this tire is b/c of the 560 treadwear rating. i hope they outlast the kumhos which were shagged after 11k miles.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:24 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 530XI Sapphire Black, Black Int. 6sp, Cold, Prem

Originally Posted by response_surface
i just had installed this morning yoko envigor on the rear, 275-35-18. they drive nicely going down the street, haven't had them in the mountain twisties yet, but i will when i go home from work. i'll let you know how they do. the ONLY reason i chose this tire is b/c of the 560 treadwear rating. i hope they outlast the kumhos which were shagged after 11k miles.

I would be very interested how they handle in the twisties.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:34 PM
Members

My Ride: White/Tan, Nav, comfort seats, sport steering wheels, sport suspension, active steering, rear window shades, rear shade, heated seats
Model Year: '07-530i

Wife pot holed one Dunlop Sport DSST so i took that as an oppurtunity to upgrade to NRFT's..

18 months ago i needed a set of A/S tires and after looooong research, i decided to go with Bridgestone Potenzas RE960. At the time, Tire rack did not have enough data on Contis Extreme DWS,well look at the data now. Conti's have 5 million + miles reported vs 191,000 miles for Yokos...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey...sp?type=UHPAS&

However,i can tell you one thing though,people in almost all the forums are talking about just one thing....i,e ....how good these Conti DWS are... So after making several calls (DWS are nationally back ordered),i finally managed to find a set in the sizes i need ( 245/40/18 and 275/35/18 ....Yoooo- Hooooo)

Hope it helps..
Old 03-14-2011, 04:42 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 530XI Sapphire Black, Black Int. 6sp, Cold, Prem

Originally Posted by fast
Wife pot holed one Dunlop Sport DSST so i took that as an oppurtunity to upgrade to NRFT's..

18 months ago i needed a set of A/S tires and after looooong research, i decided to go with Bridgestone Potenzas RE960. At the time, Tire rack did not have enough data on Contis Extreme DWS,well look at the data now. Conti's have 5 million + miles reported vs 191,000 miles for Yokos...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey...sp?type=UHPAS&

However,i can tell you one thing though,people in almost all the forums are talking about just one thing....i,e ....how good these Conti DWS are... So after making several calls (DWS are nationally back ordered),i finally managed to find a set in the sizes i need ( 245/40/18 and 275/35/18 ....Yoooo- Hooooo)

Hope it helps..
Not unless you sell me yours. I've read nothing but good reviews on the Continentals. Since they are an OEM manufacturer, getting the DWS are very tough. I could order and wait as I still have a bit more life on current set. We have a couple trips planned and wanted new shoes.
thanks for the reply.