E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Continental Extreme Contact vs Yokohama ENvigor

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 07:11 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 06 530XI Sapphire Black, Black Int. 6sp, Cold, Prem

Time for new tires on my 530Xi, all stock. I've had 2 sets of Continental ContiTouring (stock factory installed + dealer installed.)
It seems the Extreme contacts much better reviews but not as good as the ENvigor. I would give the Continentals a try but they are backordered like crazy. I called TireRack and they told me 6-8 weeks and that may be wishful thinking. They strongly recommended the ENvigor. Has anyone tried a set, they are relatively inexpensive although I don't want to replace them in a month. Thanks for your input.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:43 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 540i
Model Year: 2017

I upgraded to the Conti Extreme Contact from the stock Conti Pro Contact. I went with 235/50-17 over the stock 225. Delivery took less than a week at Discount Tire. 600 miles on them so far with no complaints. Sorry I have no experience with the ENvigors.
Attached Thumbnails Continental Extreme Contact vs Yokohama ENvigor-dsc01642.jpg  
Old 03-12-2011, 02:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 530XI Sapphire Black, Black Int. 6sp, Cold, Prem

Quick question, you went with the 235's because they were in stock or you wanted them a touch bigger?
Old 03-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jrsamps
Time for new tires on my 530Xi, all stock. I've had 2 sets of Continental ContiTouring (stock factory installed + dealer installed.)
It seems the Extreme contacts much better reviews but not as good as the ENvigor. I would give the Continentals a try but they are backordered like crazy. I called TireRack and they told me 6-8 weeks and that may be wishful thinking. They strongly recommended the ENvigor. Has anyone tried a set, they are relatively inexpensive although I don't want to replace them in a month. Thanks for your input.
TireRack updates their tire availability but these highly Contis must go pretty quickly! I had a similar situation for a set of Yoko's for my wife's Rav4 but the back-order seemed to get sorted out in 3-4 weeks but it meant I was checking the site almost every day!

If you do manage to get a set let us know how you like them! You are linking to TireRack thru MrRebates in my signature, aren' t you? ... could save you enough to cover your S&H.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:33 PM
Senior Members

Just picked up two conti extreme contact dws tires (275/30/19) at big o tire for 232 each. It was cheaper than tire rack. Had them on before and loved them.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:57 PM
Senior Members

Contis are not the best, get what you pay for plus they dont look too good IMHO
Old 03-12-2011, 07:34 PM
Members

My Ride: * 2010 BMW 528i M Sport * 2010 BMW X5 M Blue * 2004 BMW 530i Sport, Silver Gray * 2004 BMW 530i Sport, Black Sapphire, Auburn Dakota Leather. * 2006 530I Monaco Blue / Grey, M-Tech Front and M5 rear bumper and side skirts. M5 lip spoiler. M5 166M wheels.

I recomend you to stay with Conti Extreme Contact DWS or General Exclaim UHP (also by Conti). You woun't be disapointed.

Old 03-13-2011, 06:02 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 540i
Model Year: 2017

Quick question, you went with the 235's because they were in stock or you wanted them a touch bigger?
Just went a touch bigger. I can't find the post someone made a while back about the Extreme Contacts looking taller than normal. The height of the sidewall. I admit they do look
taller. Maybe because they have tread and my old ones didn't The ride is very good without road noise. That's exactly what I wanted.
Attached Thumbnails Continental Extreme Contact vs Yokohama ENvigor-side.jpg  
Old 03-13-2011, 07:44 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 530inOK
Just went a touch bigger. I can't find the post someone made a while back about the Extreme Contacts looking taller than normal. The height of the sidewall. I admit they do look
taller. Maybe because they have tread and my old ones didn't The ride is very good without road noise. That's exactly what I wanted.
The very slight increase in height might (.2") provide some additional rim protection if you have to handle potholes. Speedometer error is slight. But since I find my speed with the stock tire size already reads slow your speedometer accuracy will read even slower, but only by a small amount. You should verify with a GPS just to be sure. This site is very handy to run comparisons http://www.miata.net...irecalcold.html
Attached Thumbnails Continental Extreme Contact vs Yokohama ENvigor-tiresize.jpg  
Old 03-13-2011, 01:23 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by sy1616
Contis are not the best, get what you pay for plus they dont look too good IMHO
They are like $240 a tire? What kind of tires are you paying for?

Quick Reply: Continental Extreme Contact vs Yokohama ENvigor