E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

consulatancy for dealers...

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 11:12 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Current - 330 Sport Topaz Blue, Grey Leather, HK HIFI...lost interest!! Waiting for - 535d Sport, Silver Grey, Foldy Mirrors, 172 19",Logic7,Pro Radio,Through load,Heated Front Seats,High Gloss shadowline,Black Maple,Headlight wash,Sun Protection Glass.

How has this forum helped you??

Heres my story... i'm in a much more tranquil place in my life, that being post installation AUX In heaven.

I was talking with a mate of mine of the frustrations encountered with dealers, commenting on how this forum gave me so much info that I could walk around in my dealership like I owned the place (with ref MP3 and AUX in anyway).
I described the brainpower on the forum and as I did the realisation dawned that we on this forum know more about their product than them...

anyhoo.. thanks to the "collective" I was able to offer consultancy type info to the dealers in that I gave them BMW instructions that they didnt have, told them 3 times what the issue would be, and bet the service manager ?10 that the puma report back from Bracknell would confirming what I had told him for 3 weeks that the pinouts were wrong (as described in section 6 of the install guide).

The support of the forum gained me smug pleasure and bargaining power.

It saved money (he asked how I was paying for the job..ha ha ) I said that beyond the agreed install price (?170 inc Vat) less my time and inconveniance I wasnt..he backed down.. so I scored for the Monster Aux cable they bought to test it with, ?10 winnings and a BMW brolly as a "no hard feelings".....

Sound is great by the way...using an IPAQ 4150 with conduit pocket player